Masters Running

Friday, April 17 Runs and travels ..... (Read 511 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning and a HUGE good luck to our Boston Runners!! I am creeping out of RunningAhead self-induced exile. I went for a run Tuesday night which simply felt awful. My HR was high and all over the place and by mile 4, I simply started walking the last mile home. DH came along after 3/4 of a mile and I hitched a ride. Wednesday morning - out for another bad 4 miles. I was feeling a bit down about these runs. Coupled with the fact that my FIL was diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis and lots of family drama - I just felt like crawling in a hole. Last night my DH encouraged me to take my SIL out for dinner and then we went and had pedicures done. It was a great evening. This morning I was out for 3 miles just to shake out the bad juju and I am feeling better. Ready for my long run tomorrow .... The puppies are doing great and they are a great source of happiness. TGIF!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Life has its ups and downs Mary. Hang in there and take care of yourself. 7 easy miles this morning at 8:45 min/mile pace. After sitting in the jury room all day yesterday, the legs were really tight and achy for a few miles. I'm glad I did this one because they feel much better now. Bill ETA: Best of Luck to Maraposai and to all the Bostonians! Enjoy the Day and the Experience.

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Mary and everyone to follow. Sorry about the "stuff" going on Mary...but you are Dearly missed when we don't see ya here at RA Smile Really hope you have a good long run tomorrow. Glad your pups are helping you feel better too...wish I could have a puppy dog where I live at Sad Bill, yes sitting around does make the legs tight, but glad you had a good easy run after all. Boy, I got sicker than a dog last night (sorry Mary Smile). It was not my "happy drug" that was making me sick but the anti-inflammatory / steroid one. Slept well last night and feel much better this morning. My shin still hurts, but does feel better though. After work last night I really really wanted to workout. So I decided to cycle and my Doc told me it shouldn't hurt anything to do so...and it didn't. 51.6 miles - 19.2 ave pace - 134 ave HR - 142 max - I hardly ever wear my HRM while running, but always do cycling...don't really know why this is, but seems like running I always know what my HR is. - Nice ride by myself and my I Pod, and the weather was nice - also added some speedy interval work, to work my legs and get a good workout. I think I will be able to resume running tomorrow or at least Sunday, with no problems I suspect...but will be careful (I see those Roll eyes Roll eyes Roll eyes Boy am I on a "woman" dry spell...can't find a date for anything and it been years now, and it's really getting to me. It gets really hard too when the weather gets nice when spending some time with someone would be nice. I asked Jody what I told you guys I would, but she said she wasn't interested in running (because of the reasons she told me before) and didn't want to have lunch or dinner either (she used the "old" I am "sorta" in a relationship that I am un-sure where it is heading)...I thought sure you are, as that is the lame excuse I hear the most. Oh well, I am happy with myself really..but just frustrated a little. Oh yeah, I also have asked quite a few women out and they say sure - would love too...then they just never go Confused I am soooo excited for Nancy and all the Boston folk....go get umm. And can't wait for the RR's to follow. I know last year you all followed my progression with my Marathon training with Ribs help, now it is so neat being on the other side watching all of you guys and gals training - and now your race...I have learned so much from you all Cool Nancy just remember, Ribs is good at getting a runner to 16 miles..your on your own after that Tongue Smile Hope everyone has a Greta Day..and Happy TGIF Your Blessed and Good Friend TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Okay, our job for today is find a woman for Tim. Anybody got any ideas? She's out there, Tim, you just haven't found her yet. Mary - sorry you've had a bad case of the "mean reds." We all go through that some time, but we also know that running releases those good endorphins that make you feel better. Glad you're going to tackle that long run tomorrow. How about some new puppy pictures? It's rest day for me but I am planning on walking 18 holes of golf later this morning. Oh - and the mother bird who built a nest in the wreath on my front door had 5 chicks! They look like squigley little pink erasers - no feathers, just little bodies. We've been trying to take pictures, but mom will have none of that right now. Remember a few weeks ago when I posted about a job interview. I got a call last night! They want me to cover a half marathon about an hour south from me on Saturday morning. I'll let you know how it goes. Maybe I can be like Brenda Starr. Big grin Enjoy your day everyone. ETA Oh goodness, forgot the most important reason for posting this morning - GO BOSTON PEOPLE!!! RUN LIKE THE WIND!! The best of luck to all of you and we anxiously wait to hear all of your experiences
            Sorry you're having a tough time, Mary. Sometimes you just gotta get a pedicure when you're having a bad week. Guys - you wouldn't understand. We arrived Boston last night. No run today. We're having lunch with dawndaughter1 and then heading over to the expo. We had pasta with her last night and it was a thrill to see her pregnant with our future grandson. She looks wonderful. Still obsessing about Monday's weather...

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Tramps

Too much on my plate this week; running's suffering. But I did manage a 5-mile tempo run this morning (7:13) plus 3 easy miles for my warm-up and cool-down. Have a good weekend. I hope to be able to carve out enough time to watch the Caps on Saturday in a rare network appearance. I hope their goalie shows up.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Gosh - I'm sorry to have started the thread with such a negative post - but I really am doing and feeling better. My FIL is like my dad, since my dad died 14 years ago. We will make the best of the time we have left with him, that is for sure! Timbo - we have GOT to find you a date!! Speaking of bikes, I bought myself a new ride .... and DH calls it an old lady bike. Well, I just happen to love it and it is very comfortable: Mine is black with red acccents though. I told him there is a men's version just like it that we could go buy for him, but he said it ain't gonna happen!! Big grin Thanks for the well wishes - they are appreciated!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Morning, all! ((((((((Mary)))))))) - nice bike!! More puppy pictures when you get a chance!! Sorry about your FIL's diagnosis. Tim - glad the shin is feeling better. You might be trying too hard on the lady-hunting front. Relax and it will happen when it happens ;-). jlynne - congrats on the job call back! Brenda Starr, huh? That brings back memories. PDR - congratulations on the impending new grandson!! I'm behind the times - just watched the Susan Boyle video and it moved me to tears. Mom loved watching that show, and she would have been crying as well. DH wanted to sleep in today, so my run will have to wait until lunch time. It's supposed to be in the high 60's here, so the run should be pleasant. Good weekend and good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Renee the dog

Mary, sweet ride. Tim, I think you need to take up some "chick-rich*" activities. Let's review: work in a body shop - not chick rich. 40+ runner - not as chick rich as it should be. Triathlete --not chick rich. Things that are chick-rich: spas, painting classes, aerobics classes, cake decorating classes, fashion shows... Big grin Any of that appeal to you? Oh, running. Did get my 4 mi in last night with my Babysitter (and Renee.) It was her first time out since cross-country ended in the fall, so it ended up being a recovery run for me. Then, after dinner, did my drills from the program I'm following. My kids are loving the drills I'm having to do with this plan and are doing them with me. They insisted on doing drills before Play-Doh. Cool Afterwards, though, my 5 yr old said, "This guy's trying to kill us." LOL Woke up to a beautiful, warm sun (though only 39F). Ran 4 in shorts with Renee. We had two 30 sec fartleks to execute, and hit them both in mi 2 -- such fun sprinting down the boardwalk like nuts! (At least I think we look like nuts, running along at a 9:45ish pace and then, for no apparent reason running 30 sec at 7:15...) Good luck to our Boston runners and Mariposai. I dream of following in your footsteps someday. *chick-rich d: Much larger proportion of women to men

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Slo

Good Morning ! Another day closer to Boston ! Another nice run last night. 9.9 miles snakeing around the 'burbs. Remember the article in Runners world about waving ?????? Nobody here waves, they all drop there head and look at the ground when you get close. Runners and walkers.....Hmmmmm, Even the people out in their yards. Oh well Tim.....You saying you got no game ? As Dr. Phil would advise.....You've got to put yourself in a Target Rich Enviroment. Wish ya luck Brother. Nice Bike Mary ! Keep running !

Hill Runner

Good morning gang {{{Mary}}} The weather can be very strange sometime. It was actually about 5 degrees colder here than it was in Boston this morning. [....Obsessing with the weather right now...] I've got a full day of work today and then off to Boston very early tomorrow morning. Thanks for all the well wishes...I am just looking to finish uninjured, get my Boston medal and have a good time there...I'm already qualified for next year...Smile 8.35 miles of hills this morning @ 8:34 pace (just under my BQ pace). Good running everyone.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                        Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                        Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

SteveP

Mary, You're importnant to us. Stupid bad juju. Nice set of wheels. The sun is high and I got chsed out of work early. Picked up the dog and am wait from my brother and we'll hit a few trails. Then off to buy trees.

SteveP

Mariposai

2 smiling miles with the birds singing. I picked a wild sunflower and put it behind my ear. It looked good with my MM singlet...fun Big grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

good morning! No time again... have to take off & will be gone most of the day so just sticking my toes in. (eeww. sorry) ((((Mary!)))) nice bikeSmile glad you're feeling better Tim. Nono that is so funny. what drills today? 5 miles this morning w/2x 400 & 1x 600. 8:31,8:44,8:20. 9:31 overall. then just a bit of leg weights. HRM shows zero so I've stopped putting it on. But it does work when i walk, weird, huh? Can't wait till Monday !!!... sending out good weather /health/ energy vibes if anyone needs some. mts, Nancy, cute wings!
                              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

good morning all, Finally made it out again this morning. A combination of finishing taxes and helping DW and DD get ready to go to LA for college visits made me stay up too late or need to up too early to squeeze in one in the middle of the week. I made it 2 miles of moving faster than a walk (not quite ready to call it running yet Wink ) i don't think my HRM was working quite right during my outing. It seemed to work properly the 1st time, but I know my HR was NOT decreasing steadily as I went. Any suggestions? I spit on the sensors before I put it on. Happy and pleasnt travels to all coming into town this weekend and hope to see many of you on Sunday.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.