Masters Running

Wed Aug 5 Runs and Workouts (Read 320 times)

Lazy 4 mile tempo -- 7 on the schedule but I haven't been hitting my targets.  In any case, I wanted to make sure I finished the planned 12 because right now I'm looking more for endurance than speed.

12.1 miles, 1:42:32, 8:28/mi, AHR 161 (83% MHR)

miles@pace(AHR) = 2@8:54(139), 4@7:43(163), 6.10@8:50(163)

Baby watch continues...  I'd like to say we're all packed but we're not.  I'm starting to get anxious about that.

Oh, I signed up for wineglass, too -- it'll be good to finally meet CNYRunner Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

King of PhotoShop

Ran from my hotel in Cleveland around city streets, which is never fun, crooked or broken sidewalks in the dark, but I did get in a quick 2 miles before heading back to pack.  Getaway day here today.  Spareribs

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Happy Hump Day!

Out for 4 with the Brinkster today.   The humidity was gone and it was a briskier 53 degrees.   I still had to take a couple of walk breaks, but that is okay, because at least I'm getting up and getting out there again.   I wonder if my Garmin tracks the little pirouettes I do when Brinkley suddenly sees something ..... like that silly wabbit!

300 crunches and 30 pushups .... need to work on the pushups.

The excitement in the beer household is contagious.   Can't wait for the day to get here!!   Nice run this morning Lou.

Have a safe flight Ribs.

Cheers!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

spacityrunner

6 a.m. run for 4 at 11;30 m/m in 74F 68% humidity...didn't feel too bad out there

Did 30 min in the pool yesterday...

Wanted to run yesterday a.m. but body was not cooperating.  So, I said the heck with it and slept in. 

Beers on baby watch...how exciting........

Good runs and good day everyone

Trails Rock!

Good morning good people. Any labor pains yet, Lou? Better get that suitcase packed, grandpa!

300 crunches Mary? You must have six-pack abs! Brinkley must be thrilled to be out running with you again.

Nice run this morning, Liz. How have your summer temps been?

Like Spareribs, I was out at 4:30 this morning. Usually by the 2nd mile, it's starting to get light. That's not the case any more. Got almost to the 5 mile marker this morning before I could see the sun coming up over the horizen. 5.5 miles at a 9:45 pace with 5 minutes of jumping rope after that. Perfect running conditions here this morning - 54° and low humidity.

Hey Tim - good to hear from you! Hope all is well.

Have a great day everyone.

Tramps

The last time I did 300 crunches was about 1995....started in January finished in November. 

Good luck on the kid-watch.  (Nice run today.)

Walked a couple of hills off the clock but otherwise a 10-miler @ 8:52.  The toe's been a little tender but fine; thanks for asking yesterday.

Be safe. Be kind.

Don't you just hate those last few weeks Lou?  Just want it to be over all ready.  Big grin

I avoided being scammed on Craigslist yesterday.

We've been looking for some Gators football tickets and found some very good seats at a good price on Craigslist.  I emailed back and forth a few times with the seller.  Most everything seemed on the up and up.  But a few things kept gnawing at me about a few of the words in the sellers emails.

Eventually they wanted me to send money via Money Gram to a 3rd party agent ... supposedly for security.  When I googled "Craigslist Money Gram" my suspicions were confirmed.  When I declined and offered some other payment methods ... no word since.

Be careful out there.  I'm an I.T. Pro and my anttenae are always tuned in on these types of things.  Someone less cautious might have been out some hard earned money.

This morning the plan was for:

3 miles warmup

4 x 1 mile @ 5K pace + 30 secs. (target 7:50 per) with 90 secs. walk recoveries

No extra striders today

3 miles cool down

7:46

7:41

7:45

7:42  (average 7:44)

This one was a tough one.  In fact, after the 2nd mile repeat I really didn't know if I'd be able to finish off 2 more.  But I tried to pretend I was in the last few miles of a BQ marathon and beared down and did them.  A little faster than target so this is probably why i was hanging on at the end.  There's no doubt I was at VO2 max on that last mile repeat.  80°, 78% and DP of 73 at 5:00 AM.

I wondered why Tinman didn't include any 3K paced striders after the mile repeats.  I know why now.  Tinman knows what he's doing!

Looking forward to running long in 74°/66° weather this weekend.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Morning, gang!!

Non-running morning for me - I feel a little like a slug, but it was wonderful to sleep in.

Some great runs already this morning!

Jlynne - I'm sad that we're losing the extra daylight at both ends of the day.  Jesse and I are training in the dark again in the morning.  Won't be long before we'll be complaining about the cold.

TomS - hope you feel better on your run today.

Twocat - great news - best wishes for returning to running in September.  I agree with your wife - blueberries are too good!

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Breger - nicely done!

4.15 recovery miles for me today (ave 10:20). 

Off to Knott's Berry Farm today...

Happy Wednesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

A lousy night's sleep despite the A/C-guess it wasn't cold enough. The high humidity continues-supposed to break tomorrow but we're heading to Ohio on Friday to face more of it.    

Tried to take mu usual morning nap but too restless so went out for 3.3 mile run-feel energized again.

TomS, I hope you find your running mojo before the 22nd (but I'm sure you will!). See you on the bricks!

Drove out to the park for a run, but realized in less than a mile that I just didn't have it today and no use pushing it. It was a pretty hot run yesterday and I took a bike ride in the evening as well, so better safe than sorry.

Hope the rest of you have better outings today.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Good morning all!

What a nice day to run here in western NY. Temps in the low 60's, low humidity, blue skies and a gentle breeze. Ran 7 easy miles along the Genesee River, then enjoyed some post run strawberries. Time for a crossfit workout then lunch with my teaching partner.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, Bill, thanks for the heads-up.  That's scary.  I had a phone call once, supposedly from a phone company employee.  When she asked me to fax some info to her, though, I got suspicious.  I said, "You know, I think I'll call your company just to verify that they need this," and she hung up right away!  She'd been so friendly, it was really a good lesson.

It was already 71 degrees and humid at 7:30 this morning.  DD11 and I ran 2.7 miles on our HS XC course.  Whew, it's challenging!  We were doing 13:00 miles most of the way, yikes.  We had a great breakfast afterwards.

Now I have to get some REAL work done.

Have a great day!

wildchild

Carolyn

Teresa, nice run with your DD. I think it's great that all 3 of your kids are running!

Last night after work, I ran 3 hot, sweaty miles to pick up my car (had alignment done), then on the way home I ran another cooler mile on a newly completed path around our local rec center in the mountains.   Including the 3 miles in the morning when I dropped the car off, I ended up with 7 for the day.  The folks at the car shop thought I was nuts for running to and from work.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Happy Wednesday all----nice runs here.

BILL!!!! Awesome! (the workout stats that is)

Tet---the Wineglass marathon in Corning NY won't have quite as much excitement as the one your Japanese friends are going to ---that's the Marathon du Medoc on September 12----wine at every mile and a meander/run through the vineyards! I have that on my dream list---- the Marathon du Medoc in the South of France (can't make the link work this time....odd)  Said dream list is up to three pages...sigh.

The one in Corning will be exciting though since WRFB and PDR will be there. Cool! We finally get to meet in real time. We do get a Corning glassworks champagne flute at the finish and a bottle of the stuff as well.

14.2 miles for me this drippy, sweaty morning in 1:56 or 8:13 pace. Scale said 101 lbs when I came home ---5 pounds of sweat (GROSS) left on the roads. 

What's Ribs doing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Kidding! safe travels.

Hang in there tselbs----you are so dedicated---maybe more rest needed?