Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 2.5.18 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Sunday's workouts:

Marj (3+ miles in the new 'hood)

Henrun (2.5 miles with Boston Marathon trainers)

RunnerKSA (3.3 TM miles at the retreat)

Tramps (5 pre-rain miles)

Bioguy (feeling good 8 miler)

Spacityrunner (6.2 morning trail miles in cool/foggy weather)

Tammy (quick 3.1 home trail miles with the dogs)

Holly (9 damp outside miles + 4 on the TM)

C-R (good Groundhog 7 race)

Runr_nut (3.5 recovery miles on very tired legs)

Tet (6-hr sitting PR [John Roberts])

Evanflein (65 min pool running [20+ laps] + a couple of laps swimming)

Twocat (22 miles with photos)

Fatozzig (25 min, post-taxes walk)

Pfriese (6 evening TM miles)

Falconfixer (9 rainy miles)

SteveP (2 snowshoe miles with GS Noah)

Good racing this weekend, C-R, runr_nut, and Milktruck!

Great community service, Tet.

We tried streaming the game to our TV last night, but got too many freezes while the audio/video caught up. So I took it off the TV and watched it on my laptop, and it was fine. Weird. I also turned it off way early and went to bed.

1 EZ recovery mile this morning + 30 min of stretching and exercises.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Too much Eagles celebrating for me!  2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning- cold and windy outside.   2.5 more miles on the treadmill after work.  Need to get outside in the morning.

I was at the 1960 Eagles championship game (pre-Super Bowl existence) when the Eagles won.  I was 8 years old and I could see myself in all the official newspaper victory pictures because I was in end zone seats with my grandfather.  I was tiny and easy to recognize.  It is one of my fondest memories.   My CEO had a Super Bowl party for our management team last night at his huge, incredible home.  It was so much fun.  He must have 20 TVs (inside and out) at that place.  Great food, great company and great game.  I wore head to toe Eagles garb.     Ugh- now back to work.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

C-R

Happy Monday to all those Eagles fans especially Karen. Its fun when your team wins and you get to watch. What a great game. Jay - we don't have cable and the game was streamed for free (we don't subscribe to NBC stream) which I thought was pretty neat. We didn't have any freezes but we did have several instances where the picture got blurry. I expect bandwidth issues on their end or lots of users.

Got 3.1 on the treadmill this morning. Woke up at 630 intending to go outside and it was 1 degree and breezy. Nope. Not going to do that. Sunny now so I may get a second workout late this afternoon.

Cheers all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Dave59

I watched most the game last night although I had the sound down for the second half so I could read.

Ran 3.04 this morning. Scattered ice made it tricky but not a big deal. It was a lot like starting a race in the back of the pack and working your way around the slower runners and walkers.

I am thinking about using the last of my Amazon gift cards on a Garmin 235.  Am I going to have buyer's remorse?  My 910XT works fine but I have new gadget fever.  One day I am about to get a new tablet, and the next I am looking at a Chromebook.  It's been going on for weeks and I figure the only way to end it is to get something.

TammyinGP

went to a friends Superbowl party yesterday and had such a blast. This guy is actually one of David's teacher (my vanmates from WRR know him from this past summer - Chris). House full of people, too much food, lots and lots of yelling. what a great game it was.  Came home with some winnings too, so that sweetened the day. 

Will probably run at lunch time today. Need to start chipping away at all those junk calories I consumed yesterday.

Tammy

Dave-  I liked my 235 a lot.  I like the Fenix 5S better (for me) because the graphics are more crisp and it has a few other features, but I was fine with the 235, too, and the HR function works quite well.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Happy Monday and Super Bowl Hangover Day ~~

What a great game!  No party, just me and The Hub, but what a great game!  Nick Foles has a pretty incredible story.  Not sure you can get more Cinderella than that.

And then The Hub snored all night - a LOT!  I'm clearing off the bed in the other room and am moving in there, if necessary.  I just can't take it anymore.  His comment: "I don't know why I'm snoring so much lately."  Well, I know!  'Cause you've put on your winter layer.  No, I didn't say that, but I sure wanted to.   Part of sleeping in the other room means closing the door and no cats aka no Wilsonater, so it may be a win-win for me.

Anyway - nuthin' for me so far.  Maybe if I have more energy after work, but we'l see.  Right now I'm just dog tired.

Have a wonderful week, friends ~~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...yep, Great Game//........and I must admit it had a Surprise Ending....

........Congrats to Eagles, Good Game.......

==========

...just Cold here........

....48-min HH 2-lb boots -4-lb handwgts

talked

to a Old Buddy who's gonna get HIS Hip Replaced (must be a Trend)

showed

him the single-leg squats that helped me recover so quickly

..................good Running to Ya............be Nice to Your Hips whether they like you or not......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie - has your DH been tested for sleep apnea!

KSA - cool about being in the official victory pics from 1960.  I hope you kept a copy.

No run for me today, just about 35 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Leslie - has your DH been tested for sleep apnea!

He was a number of years ago, and to my surprise they said no apnea, and he snored worse then and was 60 lbs heavier.  When he's 20 lbs lighter, the snoring will almost completely stops.  So when he says he doesn't know why he's snoring so much lately, I'm like: "Hello!  Ice cream?? Peanut M&Ms?? Not moving your butt in the winter when you're not work as much??" It's frustrating.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

spacityrunner

4.3 miles on the mountain tonight.  It was fabulous!

Trails Rock!

spacityrunner

Leslie, he should be tested again.  Things change over the years and it may show up this time around.  Other than that separate rooms is not a bad idea.  You need your sleep and he needs his ice cream 

He was a number of years ago, and to my surprise they said no apnea, and he snored worse then and was 60 lbs heavier.  When he's 20 lbs lighter, the snoring will almost completely stops.  So when he says he doesn't know why he's snoring so much lately, I'm like: "Hello!  Ice cream?? Peanut M&Ms?? Not moving your butt in the winter when you're not work as much??" It's frustrating.

Trails Rock!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, quick post.  Managed to ignore the game (as I have most of the season) which would have been a lot tougher for me if the Steelers had been in it.  Anyway, got up early but cut my run very short with some rumbling in my tummy.  Good call on my part.  So just .9 then.  After work I got in 7.7 at an 8 minute pace.  After that taught my spin class on base.

Have a great night everyone!

4 @ 7:52

Knees are fine, couldn't even feel a twinge. Two days off made me feel like skipping again, but also made running feel really easy.

In regards to my shower and van; I have a medium height Transit (no not a Transit Connect). I can stand up in the van, I'm about 5'10". I previously had a tall Sprinter. The shower is a solar system made by Road Shower ( http://www.roadshower.com/history.html Wink. I found out that mine is the "original aluminum model". Which I prefer, because I have it mounted vertically attached to a wall; the newer models could not be set on their ends like that. I may put it on a rack on top at some point, but with my roof being over 8' off the ground, filling and pressurizing it would be more difficult.

I guess that was a good game yesterday, I don't really watch any pro sports so I missed it. Are you guys sure it wasn't rigged to be exciting, like pro wrestling? 

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

evanflein

33 minutes of pool running. Starting week #4 of no running. Just saw something saying some stress fractures take 12 weeks to heal. Gack.