Masters Running

My 4 Star June Race Report (Read 541 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

and injury free!!!!!!!!  I'm like Tramps, I need a rest after reading that.  How you did that 10K that fast is beyond me Wonder Woman!

Congratulations, you look Iridium!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats on the 4 stars. Great report.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

...that is a GREAT RR//........and you are OneToughRunner.....

we've hiked

several of

those places, and it is some Gorgeous Country.....

nice running.

ps....if you hit TheCanyon again,

goto the EastRim around Cameron, very pristine.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

It is so very cool that you combined so much quality time, gorgeous scenery, vacationing etc with your DH and this incredible goal of yours, which you did so well!  Ya, the 10K thing, just well, I can't imagine it.  Marathons just a warm up?

Thanks for the beautiful pictures.

Do you get 2 more little gold stars to sew onto your singlet?  Joking

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Congratulations four-star goddess.

It's a special achievement anyway but especially incredible, if not impossible, in light of the six-or-seven thousand miles of flying/driving needed out of the northland.  I bet you're the only one like that. Sorry we missed you at one of them though. Hope you'll be back soon.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Maniac 505

I was waiting for this report.  Amazing.   How do you like altitude?  I know it kicked my butt in Estes park, and that is only a little over 8000/

I'm speechless except to also say you're amazing!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Amazing series of races.  Your a very strong runner, it won't be long till you beat the 3:30 mark.  Thank-you for taking us along with you, a wonderful and beautiful RR.  I'm glad I was able to run a few miles with you not to mention a couple of meals and chat.  Congrats on your 22nd Anniversary and MM four stars.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Congrats on an incredible month Erika.  With your talent, there's no limit on the number of stars you could achieve!  Great report & nice pics to top off a stellar month's performance.

Mariposai

Wonder Woman is my girlfriend ERIKA!!!!!!!!

I adore this girl in all ways, as a runner, as a professional and as a women! she is amazing!!!

I enjoyed reading this report so much that I had to go back and read it again!!

Erika, you just raised the BAR so high for us mere souls!!!!

Amazing! amazing! amazing!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

What a month, evan.  Four marathons in a month, marathon PR, AG awards, marathon and 10K same day, anniversary, RA meetups, great scenery as evidenced by the pictures, etc.  Congratulations.  You are amazing.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - what a fantastic June you had!  Not just all the PR's (and that was a LOT of PR's), but all the beautiful places you saw, the great traveling time with your DH, visiting and running with friends, all mixed in - awesome!  And I can't believe you went and got a 1st AG in a 10pm race the day you ran a marathon!  You are truly an amazing woman!  Great pics, great report!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Oh my gosh!  That is about all I can think of.  Oh my gosh!  Oh, I wrote that already.  I cannot imagine doing 2 marathons that close together let alone 4.  Congratulations on the new PR and the additional stars.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/