Masters Running

Celebrate Veterans today, 11.11.16 (Read 30 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Many, many "Thanks" to those who have and are serving our country!

Nice 3-miler in the sun with fog-views, Dave.

How did the new shoes do on your 5-miler, Clark?

Good tempo work, Leslie. Can you make that Jan. 1st party happen?

Good poolwork, TW.

Good, sunny runs for Deeze and Mariposai too! I'm glad the sun is so energizing and motivating.

Sounds like a lot of work for you all and Baxter at the dog show, TwoCat. Good luck to you all!

Holly's doing intervals too - excellent work!

Our budget review at the Budget Committee went very well last night, and we were out of there in 10-15 minutes with unanimous support for moving our budget forward as presented. Whew! The weather is looking good for our half on Sunday - low 40s and clear at the start. Still have some more details to wrap up today.

3.4 very easy miles again this morning. At this point, I'm just trying to maintain some level of fitness, rather than do any real workouts. It's still good to be out there, but I have to remember that I need to dress a little differently for this slow-going stuff.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mornin' jay...............

...........note to twocat//...........the answer is-No Other Options...........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

Trip to the gym this morning for a short time on the ARC trainer and then some weights.  I'm going to try another 5k tomorrow just for something different. I'm too heavy and slow to race but I enjoy the back of the pack comradery.  (I am getting a spelling error on "comradery". How is it spelled?)

Sometimes a comic strikes me funnier than it should and this is one of them.  My wife usually doesn't share my feelings on this so I'll post it here instead of showing it to her.  It is a link to Facebook so let me know if it isn't working.

Today's Speed Bump:

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15037236_10210371444257991_250654809726584389_n.jpg?oh=37773bb082c9fd55d0af14c9a57fef5e&oe=58C4D238

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Trip to the gym this morning for a short time on the ARC trainer and then some weights.  I'm going to try another 5k tomorrow just for something different. I'm too heavy and slow to race but I enjoy the back of the pack comradery.  (I am getting a spelling error on "comradery". How is it spelled?

it doesn't look right, but it is correct.

3.1 miles for me.  45° felt perfect.  tiny bit more speed.

And on the knee replacement front, besides a MUCH greater appreciation of what DW does with her time, is that she is now moving about with no crutches.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - I need a nap just hearing about all you do...

Yay for Kevin's DW doing well!

Mixing it up today:  swimming - 50 lengths(25 laps), running - 2 miles on the TM, weighs and core - 30 minutes.

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave - Given that I live in Sasquatch area, I love the cartoon. 

I was pooped by mid-day yesterday, so I forwent my stat bike workout when I got home and vegged the rest of the evening.  But up and at 'em this morning with about 50 min of core/ST while watching an episode of 20/20 on the Investigation Channel.

The story was about the 3 girls in Cleveland who were held captive for 10 years by Ariel Castro.  Only 2 of the young women have spoken out, Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus, and together they wrote a book entitled "Hope."  The third young woman, Michelle Knight, has chosen to stay out of the limelight and I don't blame her.  As I watched the show, I had goosebumps.  I can't even begin to imagine how you recovery from something like that.  They are all strong, strong women who should be so very proud of themselves.

Have a grand weekend, my friends ~ respect and enjoy the gift ~~

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Jay - I need a nap just hearing about all you do...

Yay for Kevin's DW doing well!

Mixing it up today:  swimming - 50 lengths(25 laps), running - 2 miles on the TM, weighs and core - 30 minutes.

Happy Friday!

Likewise for you too, Holly.  You are a go-getter.  I still haven't been to the swimming pool even though I talk about wanting to start a swim program.  I guess I need a kick in the pants to get there.

Jay - what did the final Seacoast Half race entry go for on Ebay? I hope it went to someone who had been training for it!  Good work with all the details you have to put on a great race. Sorry that you are not able to race for now, but you will be back.

I've been wondering where Amy is lately, probably winning her AG in many races to be sure. I miss her sunny smile here.

Today is a day off in honor of Veteran's Day.  I actually don't know very many people who have been in the service, but I appreciate all those who have served.  My brother was in the Merchant Marines, don't really know what that branch does but I remember going to his graduation at Kings Point Academy out in NY when I was five.  He still gets together with his buddies after 55 years or so.

This morning's temp of 36° had me wondering what to wear for my run. The 12mph wind always complicates things. Tights, my Portland shirt and a fleece top were just about right, along with hat and gloves. Two days ago it was almost 70° here, so quite a change.  Started and ended into the wind and that just sucks my energy. Still under an hour though, so I'm happy.  I've been running errands, got my hair cut and now need to finish a project in my sewing room. Egads, this project is taking forever for a tote bag but it is cute. Will post a picture when it's all done.

We are leaving first thing in the morning for the Twin Cities. DD2 asked us to watch the grandkids while they are in Vegas.  It should be a fun few days. Maybe I will get some daytime runs in this week. I should be able to find some trails nearby.  Too bad MikeE's not running or he could maybe join me.  Have a greta Friday and an ever greater weekend.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

I've been wondering where Amy is, too. Hope all is ok.

Twocat, I've been on the TM a couple times so far this fall. Our temps have been pretty nice, really. It was 23° for my run today and felt good. As long as it's that warm out, I'm going to be outside as much as I can. The thing I really don't like running in is new or choppy snow.

Glad to hear the new knee crowd is improving. I wonder if they're both asking "why did I wait so long?" which seems to be pretty common after that procedure.

Got in 6 mostly easy miles today in mild temps and just a little bit of slick surfaces from the frost out there. When the ground is frozen and the air warms up, the frost builds up pretty quickly. But it was a good run and gets me to 25 miles for the week so far. I was hoping for at least that because I won't run tomorrow. DH and I are flying down to Seattle for the day (yes, you heard right) to do some shopping, dining and get miles needed for Gold level on the mileage plan. Yes, Alaskans do that: the end of year push to get miles and it ties in nicely with fall fare sales, so there you go.

Hi all!

Jay the new shoes feel great, went back to the saucony guide. Version 10.

Garmin had a hard time locating a satellite so ran a naked 5 tonight. Yoga seems to be helping on the flexibility,  wish I could swim like Holly though. I just sink!

Clark

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

erika - love those winter fares. I almost went up to GS-land this weekend too.

Have some happy pre-holiday shopping. Come back for any of the four-in--row

marathons over Thanksgiving weekend if it works out too.  No training required.

ps - enjoy the unseasonably warm weather. Ever since last Saturday's epic rain-fest,

it been in record-breaking mid-sixties to even 70o,. even with some sunshine!

I’m with dave about let’s stop pretending we’re in France or somewhere

and spell camaraderie like it should look if it means what it is supposed

to mean, . . . and is pronounced by most of us anyway.

comradery .

I’m still sticking with it being a world series bummer

or something DL’ing amy’s greatly-missed daily grins.

Holly - can't seem to get it posted but, if you can get it to work

better than I can, maybe take a look at my holly-cape from last week.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92661083@N06/30800059155/in/album-72157675010080550/

unfortunately, it's a flickr photo and, even though I had an account for years, several years ago

they made it virtually impossible to copy/paste as was so much fun in those days.

In-Unity-We-Run (mile 19.65 - 11/5/2016)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Image may contain: 1 person , outdoor

Tet nice picture!  But you are right, flickr makes it so difficult to share a photo that I don't use it any more.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

wish I could swim like Holly though. I just sink!

Clark

Clark - I rest at the end of every length for 10-30 seconds.  I definitely don't look like a swimmer.  Friday, I felt quite self-conscious, actually, because in the next lane there were two high school boys with two coaches outside the pool running them through drills.  And here I come, wimpy old lady who has to cling to the side of the pool to get her breath after every length.  They didn't quite laugh and point, but I felt as though they maybe ought to....