Masters Running

Fridaily, 5.11.18 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thursday's workouts:

Tramps (20 bike miles on a gorgeous day)

Quickadder (5.3 early AM miles with DD)

RunnerKSA (2.1 morning TM miles + 2 post-work TM miles)

Fatozzig (3 EZ Am miles)

Sees-the-Ground (3 miles, getting to 90 in 30 days)

RCG (4 sight-seeing miles with the group, including trails and flowers)

Catwhoorg (5 lunchtime miles)

Bioguy (lawn mowing cross-training + 3.1 EZ miles)

Mike (EZ nighttime 6 miles)

Spacityrunner (evening 3.1 miles with the spring training group - 33:29/10:49 pace)

Twocat (1 hr on the elliptical)

Tammy (4.2 evening trail miles)

Mariposai (4 post-stressful day miles)

Dave59 (4 post-work miles in Charleston)

Huge CONGRATS to Fatozzig & Starr on the good progress both DHs are making. Great news all around! Starr, enjoy the new motorhome and the wood ducks.

Fatozzig, webinars, in my opinion, are tough enough without a poor presenter going off-topic. I can't tell you how many times I've kept it on, but have gone to a split screen and gotten some real work done.

Interesting discussion about plants and CO2, RCG. Who would'a thought?

Keep up the good work till you grow up, Henrun.

Good for you for asking the tough questions, Steve. And congrats on the 1st date anniversary!

7.44 pre-dawn RW miles in 61° temps, and under clear skies with a rising thin crescent moon. Negative splits for all but 1 mile (missed by 3 seconds), ending at 11:11. After stretching & shower, I walked another 2 to meet DW at our favorite dive for breakfast.

Big grins & tailwinds to all of this weekend's racers.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Good spouse news...sobriety, weight loss, anniversaries.

Mine has strep throat. Does that count? 

A President's trophy winner that underperforms in the playoffs and gets eliminated in the second round. Where have I heard that script before? Tough night for Rinne; it'll be a long summer for him.  I always fill out a bracket for the playoffs. I was 8 for 8 in the first round; 0 for 4 in the second. Good thing I don't gamble. If I did, I'd say Tampa's got to be the leading contender now.  Still.... go Caps!

Last night's rain helped clear the air for this morning's run. Usual 5 miles.

Have a great weekend. Go racers!

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good spouse news...sobriety, weight loss, anniversaries.

Mine has strep throat. Does that count? 

A President's trophy winner that underperforms in the playoffs and gets eliminated in the second round. Where have I heard that script before? Tough night for Rinne; it'll be a long summer for him.  I always fill out a bracket for the playoffs. I was 8 for 8 in the first round; 0 for 4 in the second. Good thing I don't gamble. If I did, I'd say Tampa's got to be the leading contender now.  Still.... go Caps!

Last night's rain helped clear the air for this morning's run. Usual 5 miles.

Have a great weekend. Go racers!

Counts as news--guess you define good or bad 

Hockey interest has decline precipitously since the Bruins are gone.Looks like I have another series to follow now as the Celts play the Cleveland Lebrons.

oh yeah--still no running. Early starts, late finishes, and the lingering effects of a really stiff back from this past weekend.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

The Preds were terrible for most of the series with the Jets.  I expected last night's loss, unfortunately.  I'm not a big hockey fan.  I can only be intense about so many sports, and I don't have room for hockey.  I wanted the win for our city, though.

1 mile this morning.  Probably the end of the line for the streak.  This butt thing has become not runnable.  I see the sports doc today again for some work before I leave town for a week for a Caribbean vacation and we'll see if he can loosen it up.  I know when it's time to throw in the towel, and this might be it.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

C-R

Thanks Jay.

No hockey stuff here but sad that football season is in the last couple of weekends. Won't bore folks here with my team but it was a bitter sweet season with wins and a big loss. MLS can hold me through to World Cup when I can cheer my German team.

Glad to hear about the spouses and anniversaries.

I think its a smart move to reduce Karen. A streak isn't worth long term damage.

Got a smooth 10k today. Speed is getting better but I can't seem to drop weight. Frustrating.but that's running.

Have a great weekend.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Dave59

Decided to give my legs a rest today. I ran 1 mile on the treadmill just to loosen up and warm-up before working on with weights.

I was cheering for Winnipeg last night. Glad to see they made it. My cheering priority in the playoffs:

1 - Washington (For Ovechkin's sake. Someone that good and who always plays tough deserves it.)

2 - Anyone but Las Vegas (I couldn't handle an expansion team winning in their first year)

I have this urge to get a Chromebook to use in place of a tablet when I need something mobile to carry around.  I keep stamping down the urge but it keeps popping up, so I am going to go to Best Buy and look at a few choices. I think once I actually try some it will kill my desire and I won't waste any money.  I know I will end up wanting the one that costs $400+ and that is just silly....

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I have this urge to get a Chromebook to use in place of a tablet when I need something mobile to carry around.  I keep stamping down the urge but it keeps popping up, so I am going to go to Best Buy and look at a few choices. I think once I actually try some it will kill my desire and I won't waste any money.  I know I will end up wanting the one that costs $400+ and that is just silly....

I bought the HP chromebook.  Really miss being able to use Apps.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

...87-degrees and no wind....

65-min HH 3-2s at soccer fields

hope to get a double

(PoolRun and ARC Trainer) tomorrow

..............Good Running to Ya.................

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

I bought the HP chromebook.  Really miss being able to use Apps.

It worked (going to Best Buy), sort of.

I determined a Chromebook is not what I need.  The App issue was a concern but it seems the newer Chromebooks can load Android apps. (I don't know if the older ones will too if they have the latest OS update.)

What I really need is a smaller laptop that I can carry around easier.   A couple years ago I bought a large ThinkPad with a specific plan in mind for learning some new programming languages. Then I decided that at age almost-60, that my time would be better spent in other areas. So now I don't really need the monster system I bought. (I still play around with the newer computer languages but not with an eye to a new career.)

Maybe I'll browse a little at the Dell Outlet that was mentioned a week or so ago.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

KSA - congratulations on your streak

I'm in absolute awe and wish I could be like you.

Maybe, the PITB'll subside enough, though.

Congratulations Starr and Ziggie’s spouses.
                      Very impressive and, obviously, not something
                      that can be done alone without lots of love and support.
                      I’m glad I met you both at the Portland Reunion
                      and can fully appreciate how lucky your Dhs are.

C-R: football? what’s that?
                      Rosie - no wonder I like early mornings before the rest of the world arises, . . . except jay. uhmmmm. all that oxygen to myself.  Wish I didn’t do it in the winter too, though.
                      ps rosie - after a year of more medical stuff that in my whole life, started off the next quarter century with a clean bill of health at this morning’s annual hour-and-a-half wellness exam.  However, when the blood sample gal gave up on both forearms and only finally got enough blood after having to bandage up all the pokes in my left hand as a lost cause and barely getting enough blood out of Mr. Right Hand, I remembered your blood drives when, after about 10 minutes, they gave up on me and said not to bother coming back.  Every time I see a blood drive at the city hall or somewhere, I think of you, . . . and me.

Steve - don’t give a second thought about people thinking you’re a trouble-maker. Just wait until you get into this part of your life and you really don’t care what anyone else thinks.       

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

fatozzig - Maybe you husband could give me some tips about he managed to talk to other people.

Dave - If the situation calls for it, he'll talk to people, but he won't go out of his way to be in that position.  And once he gets talking, he's very friendly and can go on and on.  It's just getting him started.

Nothing for me yet except a doc appt first thing.  Annual physical stuff.  I'll get in a core/ST workout when I get home.

Posie Lady - Praying for you guys!!

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

C-R

C-R: football? what’s that?

Hahahaha. Sorry that would be soccer. In my native land its Fusball (sorry my keyboard doens't have the Germany hard S). You have a team called the Sounders in your neck of the woods that would be a good Budeliga 2 side.

Haben eine gutten wochende alle

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Continuing on the lazy trend, just a light weights and core workout today.

Back at it tomorrow.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...thanks TC

as we say in Albania-

Unë shpresoj që ju të keni edhe një fundjavë të mirë

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

Danke , merci and gracias.

Another day of indoor exercise- cycling and elliptical. Beautiful sunny day, so I walked to the local park to read with a painful Achilles. Running is out of the question for awhile.