Masters Running

Tuesday, 11.29.16 (Read 30 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Dave, just keep working that old body, and you'll be OK. Good 4-miler through the predator trap.

Good pool work, Holly. Yeah - where is Aamos? Has anyone heard from her lately?

Good for you for spending the day with the Hub, Leslie.

Welcome back, Tammy. I'm glad you had a good, celebratory, dog-walking, sleep-filled 5 days off.

Congrats on getting out in and enjoying the old new shoes, TW. Nope - doesn't get much better.

Good 3.25 on the TM, Deeze. I'm glad DH is back to work. Yes, time to work on his diet a bit.

Sorry you had to finish your day with a less-than-thrilling faculty meeting, TwoCat. Thanks for the update on Mariposai and her dad.

Sounds like you didn't fare too badly in your annual, Hally. You're still 5'5" in my book!

Thanks for the Portland story, Tet. Mr. Wilson is one determined guy!

5.6 miles this AM with alternating walking and racewalking miles. I was glad to have gotten out well before today's rain moves in. I wasn't fast, probably not pretty (good thing it was still dark out), and had muscle aches, but no real pain. I've been doing a lot of walking and stretching, so I don't know why my legs are so tight and achy. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Have a greta Tuesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Morning back, Jay, and all that follow.  Hope the kinks work out.

I FB messaged Amy a week or so ago and she said that things are OK, but no further details other than contemplating a move to Canada.  Or Belize.  Guessing Simon would prefer the latter.

3.1 semi naked miles.  Apparently forgot to turn off the GArmin last time, so it booted up with a low battery message.  So I got the time at the start and it lasted long enough to get the time at the end.  Sure know the mileage at this point.  32° and still felt just right.

Nice new use of old shoes, TW.

ETA:  after posting said run, I find that I just passed 500 miles for the year.  Now I only have to run 10.5 miles/day to meet my 1000 miles goal .  guessing that's not gonna happen.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

I think you are far ahead of me in the yearly totals Stumpy!

Yes, Tet - hard to believe it's been 10 yrs isn't it?  

Belize sounds good right now to me too. sand, sun, beach, no schedule. yeah, I could do that gig.

busy day at work today. not much time for anything else. have a good day all

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - we had the rain yesterday, but it brought a nice warm front with it.

Kevin - you can do it!

As I said, yesterday's rain brought a nice warm front with it, and it was 51 degrees at 6:00 am when I headed out for my run - lovely!

5.1 miles total

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Super running there, TW! Now maybe you can settle for your usual walking with just a short jog now and then.

Echoing Holly, I had other plans for this morning but scrapped them when I saw the sunshine. Unfortunately, I dressed for low 40s instead of 50s; should've been wearing shorts and a long sleeve shirt instead of tights and a jacket over said shirt and even gloves I didn't need. Still got in a good 5+ miles on the rail-trail before returning sweatier than is usual for the end of November...

Now I'm off to the dentist to see what kind of expensive work I'll need this time.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Great story, Tet.  Thanks for sharing.  Helps put things into perspective, doesn't it?

I slept in - again.  I'll just move my days around and get in today's run tomorrow morning and double up on a workout on Friday.

It's crazy here at work right now.  December 31 is the deadline for people to turn in their applications for permitting under the Humboldt County Medical Marijuana Land Use Ordinance and it's getting INSANE.  Our team, as whole, can't wait for December 31 quitting time.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

..thanks guys//.......good to see roch checking in.........

==========

20-min X-Bike Standing,

probably

PoolRuns the rest of the week

you can only have So Much Fun

..............good running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Thanks, Tet. For the amount of complaining some of us do, for the most part we have it pretty good. Perspective is everything.

And how cool is it to see tomwhite go for a run?? Nice! And everything felt ok?

Well all this talk of warmer temps in November can stop now. After the last two years being so much warmer than normal (last winter's coldest temp was -29°F, unheard of!) we're apparently in a more normal type pattern now, although still very low snow cover. This morning it was -29°F in town and -15°F up at our house. We could see -30°F for the first time in a long time tonight. So... I think I'll do a treadmill run tonight. Ended up taking a rest day yesterday because I just didn't want to run.

Checking my log I see I crossed 2,000 miles for the year last week. Only 170.3 to go to hit my adjusted goal of 2,200 miles, and heh, I may not even make that. We'll see what December brings, I guess.

Hey, Enke and Tetsujin, I'll be in Seattle this weekend (Friday through Sunday) and wondered if we might run into each other somewhere! Let me know.

ETA: Mariposai just posted an update on her FB page. Her papa has passed away. I'm so sorry but also glad she was there with family.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hey, Enke and Tetsujin, I'll be in Seattle this weekend (Friday through Sunday) and wondered if we might run into each other somewhere! Let me know.

sounds good.

should work out, . . . .unless you have another ten miler or something in mind,

actually there are some races goin' on. . .  including a Rudolph 5K at the UW

on Sunday before most of the stores open...

ETA: Mariposai just posted an update on her FB page. Her papa has passed away. I'm so sorry but also glad she was there with family.

me too.

However, that's a tough post to make.

I still have the air sucked out of my gut

being too late on the way back from Singapore in 1972.

Pilo was a lucky papa with a DD like posie and,

if he was anything like her, which it sounds like he was, she was very lucky too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Hey, Erika and Tet, yes I am around this weekend.  Only plan is a concert Saturday night.  Would love to meet up.

I am so sorry to hear about Posie's Dad, but glad she got be to with him one more time.

Tet - those were some pretty intense grizzly bear stories.

Tomwhite - so fun to hear about your run in most comfortable sneakers, yay!

I was away for a few days at the cabin.  Man, did it rain a lot on Thanksgiving Day.  I bought just a turkey breast....made prep and clean up a whole lot easier.  I am into these purple potatoes now...really like them.  They turned the water green when I boiled them.  MBE came up Friday night and wolfed down a lot of leftovers.  The chocolate cheesecake disappeared pretty quickly, as did the pumpkin pie.  I didn't get ANY running in....it was raining just so much, and the few short hikes I did were kind of lame.  Last bowl of turkey soup to eat tonight!

Today I finally ran 6.3 miles, but I had to stop and walk several times when the ligaments/tendons around my left knee started to really pull and ache.  I don't know what is up with this.  If I take time off, it doesn't get better, so I guess I should just run as much as I can.  This "injury" has been hanging around for over 2 years now!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Head Procrastinator

I posted on Nancy's FB page but again, so very sorry to hear papa posie passed. and glad she got to be with him.

Ran some today but meh who cares. Nancy we love you.

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

I was just coming by to add my final post on Mariposai's final visit with her dad. At the end he was with those who loved him most. There is little more we can ask for at the end.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

''And how cool is it to see tomwhite go for a run?? Nice! And everything felt ok?''

.....well,

not really, but there for 45-min everything felt WONDERFUL........

it was a Fair Trade-Off...

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....