Masters Running

Closed thread again...... (Read 473 times)

OK.......so you decided to open this anyway. Obviously I am slow these days.......not as fast as Lou two mornings in a row.......What can I say? At least this gives you a place in a "closed thread" format where NO ONE reads......to share your thoughts Want to tell us a secret? Want to tell someone off? Want to share what you are REALLY thinking? This is the place to do it because.....since this is a CLOSED THREAD.....NO ONE READS IT. So relax........tell us EVERYTHING.
    Vista

Marathon Maniac #3309

A couple of years ago I was at the Y swimming laps, and when done I was in a big hurry to get some where. As I was walking out to my car I noticed it was rather breezy out....I looked down and I had forgot to put my regular shorts on and I walked through the Y and to my car....IN MY UNDER WARE, boxer briefs Shocked....True story unfortunately Roll eyes Sooo glad no one is actually going to read this....

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Biketm, I did NOT read that and I did NOT laugh. But to make you feel better a year ago I was riding my bike down a busy state highway in rush hour. It got hot. I had on a cycling shirt with a light jacket over it. So I figured I would unzip my jacket for some air. I was fighting to get it unzipped all the way but it would only go down half way. Then I realized I was unzipping the cycling shirt and exposing myself to all the cars on the highway. Fortunately it was only a sports bra underneath that they saw. LA (name withheld to avoid further embarrassment) hahaha

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

If I was actually reading these and laughing over them.......most likely my mind would remember......... I live alone and my bedroom is on the second floor, which is where my running gear is located. Meanwhile, my laundry room is on the first floor. This one day I pulled out my running gear from the clean laundry area.....shirt....undershorts.....socks.....and then put them on along with my running shoes. My shorts were upstairs and I needed to get them but then got busy doing some other things on the main floor. Suddenly I realized I should start my run and I headed out the door feeling wonderful about my run. Most of my runs are done at the time people are heading home for the day and the street is always filled with traffic going both directions. A full quarter of a mile down the road I suddenly realized I had forgotten to get my shorts and I was running down the street in boxer shorts. While my shirt was long and the boxers were colored, it still was a record 1/4 mile return run to my house. Ahhh.....there I got that out and no one will read this and know my secret. Cool (With those sun glasses, no one will recognize me)
          Vista
            I am averting my eyes. I just wanted to say, you have to get up pretty early in the morning to get your post in ahead of me.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Since no one is going to read this....I am imagining flyin Hawaiian cycling with her top unzipped Shocked And trying to get Joey's out of my mind Big grin

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Glad nobody was here to notice I mis-spelled "Underwear" Embarrassed

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

whatever you do, don't imagine Joey in Laurie's underwear Evil grin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow, these closed threads are becoming quite a good read! Big grin Good thing the names have been changed, to protect the innocent....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Semper ubi, sub Ubi

Renee the dog

This is just what I needed today -- underwear stories! Big grin What a treat for a woman who's painfully knee-deep in moving boxes (which really does give one a pain in the knee!). I would be in a much worse situation than Vista though, as I run commando. But, I might have been popular on the island that day. Tongue

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Semper ubi, sub Ubi
                          And always make them CLEAN ones.....(per my mother).
                          Vista
                          wildchild

Carolyn

OK, I'll admit my Latin's not up to snuff. I had to look up "semper ubi sub ubi." I, too, go commando, as I wear running shorts with the built in underwear. But it would be really hard to forget my shorts. I'm pretty sure I'd notice...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Since no one is reading this, I will admit that I have run naked before! For about 50 yards. Then I ran in just a sports bra - works much better. No, I will not provide any more information! Good thread!
                                Okay - No one's going to read this . . . right? This happened about a year ago, but the nightmares still haunt me . . . So there I am, blissfully making my way home one dark a.m., about 2.5 miles from home, when I start to feel the uncomfortable sensation of pressure building in the lower intestines. I stop and walk a few feet, trying desparately to get things under control, then start running again. About a block further, the pressure begins to increase. Uh oh. This is not good. I stop dead in my tracks and wait. And wait. Okay, things seem to be under control again, so I carefully start walking again. Okay, let's try the running thing again. Nope. No. Nada. Ain't gonna work. Well, maybe if I try to let some of the pressure off . . .holy cow! Shocked Did I just . . . no, I couldn't have. I absolutely could not have. I look around me, nobody in any direction, so I peel the pants down a bit to get a looksee. You have got to be kidding me! NNNnnnnnOOOOO! This can't be happening! This did not happen! Here I am 41 years old, over 2 miles from home . . . and I have pooped my pants! What the he!! am I going to do now?? Luckily, I have a very runny nose when I run and always carry a handy dandy hanky in my waistband. Ah ha! Just like the pioneers! I look around and there is absolutely no place to hide on this quiet residential street, however, I am standing right next to a large truck with a big boat hitched to it. Maybe I can squeeze between the truck and boat. So I get sort of behind the truck and start to undress my lower half, praying a cop doesn't come along. "Yes, Officer. I know it's against the law to be naked in public. Yes, Officer. I know it constitutes indecent exposure, but you see, I have this slight problem . . ." I have succeeded in taking care of business, but have not succeeded in redressing, when I suddenly see headlights approaching from the left, about half a block from my "hiding place." Crap! I try to squat as far behind the truck as I can, hoping against hope that the driver won't be able to see my lily white hindend hanging out. The car stops at the stop sign . . . and doesn't move. What's going on? Why aren't you moving? It's still sitting there. For cryinoutloud - Go! Why isn't it going? Suddenly I realize that along with having a lily white butt hanging in the wind, I have a white reflective hat on . . . and a headlamp! I quickly cover the headlamp and pray to the Running Gods to make the car just go, and it finally does. I quickly redress, stuff my hanky and undies in my gloves and get the heck outta dodge, having a personal PR in my 2.5 mile sprint for home. I am hoping by cleansing my soul the nightmares will cease. Nobody read this, right?

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance