Masters Running

Tuesday, 10.18.16 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

So Stumpy, Aamos, Hally, and Robin all took yesterday off from working out. I hope you are all better off for having done so.

Individually, our votes may not change the outcome of an election. However, collectively they determine the direction of our local, county, state and federal governments. So, in that respect they are never wasted, and even a vote for a candidate who can't win still sends a message. Beside that, if you don't vote, you can't complain about the outcome. And I never want to give up my right to complain!

Robin, it is always a good idea to take a fresh look at your training/tapering practices to see if they still work the best for you. But, after a taper period and race like you had, one wonders if there was something else going on that zapped your normally incredible strength. Meanwhile, I'm glad, and not the least surprised, that you kept a sproinkless but positive attitude throughout the marathon.

TW, I'm sorry to hear that DD2 has a bit of healing to deal with, and also about your cold. Classy move by DD2 to thank you with the Hokas.

I'm glad you had a good 10-miler in NH, LaT. I hope the political signs didn't obscure too much of the foliage.

Good 8-miler for you too, Twocat - enjoy the warm weather for another day or two.

Nice 4-miler +, Mariposai.

Tet, you are right about what will happen on TV after the election: We'll go from all the political ads right back to tons of ads for prescription drugs with millions of side-effects. I can't say which is worse because I tend to ignore them all.

I got a call yesterday morning to go with our Conservation Coordinator (she didn't want to do it alone) for a local TV interview about the current King Tide (full-moon high tide, which can be appreciably higher than a normal high tide) and its impact on our town. So I got about :45 of my allocated 15 minutes of fame on the NH news station last night. I also spent about a hour late in the afternoon blowing leaves off our front yard and driveway. Then it rained early this morning, more leaves came down, and now it looks like I didn't do anything at all yesterday. I invoked the Twocat rule and didn't go out this morning because of said rain. Beside that, my knot is back, so I'm working hard to break that apart. Conference call this morning, and a 3-hour meeting this afternoon, so it looks like a fun day!

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Sayhey! MM#130

'mornin' all--

well I too hope I get better every day.....and so I just went for a walk this morning.

so I feel as if I just came in from the back 40 into the modern age.....just learned today that you get free music streaming with Amazon Prime.  Just signed on for a free trial and am now happily listening to Norah Jones' new album whilst I type.

Anyone read The Mountain Story by Lori Lansens?  Friend just loaned it to me.  Looks a bit scary......

Jay and other lower back, piriformis sufferers: at an expo, I visited The Stick booth--Patrick was there, the lovely gentleman who helped me about 7 or 8 years ago in Seattle when I had awful shin splits.  The Stick now features the Posture Curve that may be of interest: Posture Curve.

There are instructions and Patrick tells me there are youtube videos as well.

And that's what I have today.  Make it a happy one.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Good morning.

Today I ran a crappydoodle 5 miles. Not sure if it was the heat/wind and some dehydration (I mean seriously? This is Canada. It shouldn't be almost 80*F)  or the squats and lunges I did yesterday (because I am getting fat and need to cross train now along with diet) but my run stank. It happens, ya know? Hoping my next one is better.

Good news is my contract at work is ratified and so no strike. Bad news is that I still hate my job and still have 10 years until retirement. lol.

Have a great day.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Oh and yes. Please. We need you Americans to vote. Your election will affect the rest of us as well.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Marathon Maniac #957

(I mean seriously? This is Canada. It shouldn't be almost 80*F)  

Just enjoy it while it lasts, which won't be long......

Amy - I listen to Pandora all day at work, another free streaming music site.  You can set up your own channels (for instance, one of mine is Gavin DeGraw radio, which plays Gavin and similar artists), and set it to shuffle between different music categories.

Jay - that's how I feel about housework, especially the dishes.  I come back a couple hours later and the mess is back.

4.3 miles for me today in the early morning darkness in a windy 62 degrees with a fullish moon and skittish clouds.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Head Procrastinator

I vote because it's my right as an American citizen and whether it makes a difference or not I am happy to have that right.

Sorry about the sproinklessness, Robin but at least you enjoyed the scenery.

It's going to the 80's here today! I slept in after a bike club meeting last night. They start way too late for my liking at 8 PM when I should be getting wound down for bed. Will get out after work when I get home, have to enjoy this Indian Summer evening.

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
              Henrun

I didn't run today either because I had a R knee replacement yesterday. Will be in the hospital until,Thursday. They're keeping me busy with PT and OT. So far I feel pretty good- the meds help. Marj is spending a lot of time here and I'm thankful for that.I intend to get back to running and/or walking after I rehab (2 months?).

Hope Stumpy's DW has a speedy recovery also.

Meanwhile I'll be lurking.

Marathon Maniac #957

Henry - Lurk away, and thanks for the update.  Sending {{{quick-healing vibes}}} your way....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Head Procrastinator

Speedy healing Henry!!

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                    stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I didn't run today either because I had a R knee replacement yesterday. Will be in the hospital until,Thursday. They're keeping me busy with PT and OT. So far I feel pretty good- the meds help. Marj is spending a lot of time here and I'm thankful for that.I intend to get back to running and/or walking after I rehab (2 months?).

Hope Stumpy's DW has a speedy recovery also.

Meanwhile I'll be lurking.

Best wishes for a quick recovery and a hope that there's another around for DW. Haven't heard yet when she goes in tomorrow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Rest and heal up Henry! Can't wait for you to post your first post-surgery run

My dad had a saying about leaves and snow. "The good Lord put it there, let the good Lord take it away...."

I pre-voted too.  So happy to have that out of the way. And let me just say (no political leaning one way or another), Alec Baldwin has nailed his Donald Trump impersonation!

Kevin - good luck to your DW on her surgery tomorrow as well.

5 miles on the elliptical and 30 minutes of weights and core today. I caved on the gray hair thing and went today to get my hair back to it's "normal" color"

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Sayhey! MM#130

Bestest wishes for the fastest healing, Henry!!!

Thanks Holly-I'll check that out.  I don't get internet on my phone at work (we're in a cement bunker, it seems, or just Revenue's protection) and I haven't tried Pandora on my computer here.  It's been so nice today; I took a break from the news and I am much happier.  Listened to Hamilton (I know it's politics, but it's really GOOD!)

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{quick-healing vibes to Kevin's DW}}}

Henrun quick healing and a successful surgery and quick recovery for stumpy77's DW too.

Ran 18 today. My last 17+ mile run before the marathon! I cannot say I am sorry. These runs around 3 hours are starting to get old right about now. Tomorrow is a no running day for me. Duh! Then Thursday it is off for a run with my old training partner.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

My dad had a saying about leaves and snow. "The good Lord put it there, let the good Lord take it away...."

huh? my dad always said He put kids on earth to shovel and sweep it away. Smile

have a very dry marathon two cat.

Of course, then you won't have any excuses.

Thanks for great update, henry.
                                Take it easy and have a perfect recovery,

In the meantime, will you be mobile enough to enjoy the fall foliage?

ps - as long as you're not running, though, you might as well keep posting.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)