Masters Running

"Rabbits". First Day of July (Read 44 times)

Joe618

Good morning Masters Runners!  We surge into the second half of the year which also happens to be a Monday so not a lot of surging I suppose.

Tech note:   Garmin seemed to resolve whatever issue there was yesterday.   So, as often happens, my run from yesterday got uploaded to Garmin Connect when I synched this morning, along with today's run.

Leslie, I followed those WS finishers as well.   What effort to nip under the 30 hour cutoff.   And so sad for those who were still a mile away!!!

I was out for a "Joe No Mojo" run this morning...never really found a groove but got in 4+ miles anyway.    That's a good thing.   Major H&H.

No time for a recap but I do think I'll have a big spinach salad for lunch today.

Rock your Monday, folks!!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

SteveP

Joe618 got us up and running with 6.1 miles.

Tramps mixes up walking and running for 4 miles.

Dave59 is taking it to the streets for 3 miles. Is there a 1/2 in his future?

Bioguy has a bean counting 6.1 miles.

Coastwalker has a family filled storm/pleasant weather reunion. He shakes it off with 7.7 RW miles.

HollyS comes across a little doe during her 8.1 mile run.

PFriese has Wylie 5.9 miles.

TwoCat churns an hour on the elliptical before packing it in.

Tom White had a Claire 1/2 hour with a side of Yoo-Hoo..

Spacityrunner had a swatting 3.1 miles that didn't tick her off very much.

Dnaff starves mosquitoes and keeps her work out short.

Evanflein has a recovery day.

Spinach dogs it for a fur filled 5K with hardware. Very kewl.

DG has a yippee!!!! 10 miler

RunnerKSA ditches a glitch and hangs with pals while using a pool noodle.

Rochrunner and DW team up for 12 Saturday and 23 Sunday cycle miles.

Tammy knocks out 8.2 and has room in her yard to feed a doe.

Stumpy is logging Maggie Miles yet he's getting loony to go to the island.

MikeE has 4 on the treadmill and 2 with Ryan's dog.

Falconfixer has 12.5 after the storm miles before he cools down with a 16.5 bike ride.

Fatozzig works her recover after work with 45 minutes on the elliptical and 25 on the treadmill.

Surly Bill pack in 7.5 miles.

StarrRuns gears up for flowerbed weeding then catches a pontoon boat on the flip side.

I hit 2.5 miles before sunrise.

SteveP

Tramps

Thanks for starting us off, Joe, and for the recap Steve. (I think I missed the "rabbits" reference, though.)

Also a big day in hockey as unrestricted free agents can sign today. Lots of deals already done. (Mike--what the heck is the Wild doing? Don't understand those moves.) My Caps had to let some players go as they struggle to stay under salary cap. No big-name deals fur us. I think they're going to have a much harder time this year as other teams in the East get better and the Caps mostly stayed in place.

A little less humid this morning. Did 4 slow miles.

Be safe. Be kind.

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the start, Joe, and thanks for the recap, Steve. Good job of toughing out a "no mojo" run, Joe, and nice pre-sunrise run, Steve.

Nice run in the H, Tramps. Happy Canada Day to our northerly friends.

I also had a problem with Garmin Connect yesterday, but it did eventually connect. No such problem this morning.

We didn't have nearly as much traffic getting back from NJ yesterday as we did getting there on Friday. But a few traffic snarls and a few rain squalls still made us about 45 min later than we should have been.

I tried to do some fartleks this morning, but my mojo must be hanging out with Joe's somewhere, 'cause it sure wasn't where I was. The weather was good (59° and dry) so I can't blame that. Maybe it was fatigue from the trip or from the weekend's workouts, but I couldn't get under an 11:00 pace for any of the 3 (supposedly) faster mile segments. I know I'm slowing down, but I refuse to accept that I've slowed down that much.  6.3 RW miles in total.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

3.2 for me this morning.

Garmin Connect worked for me yesterday but the run didn't make it to RA or Strava. No big deal though, I added manually here. The important thing is that it did make it to my exercise log at work for points in the wellness challenge.

As I was coming to the end of my run I see 2 white ducks pecking on my front driver's side tire. They wouldn't move when I came to the car, they just started yakking at me. Even as a drove off they wouldn't back off. I was worried about running them over but no one was injured.

Thanks, Joe and Steve.  Good morning!     3.2 humid miles and some fooling with my watch after the run (somehow I got the bluetooth turned off) is making me late for work.....     Later...

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

bioguy

Very pretty day here, but heat and humidity are supposed to come back with a vengeance this week.

I have a lengthy summer to-do list and trying to maximize each day but still sneak in some pleasure reading and the NYT crossword is challenging. I've already sanded and refinished the deck. I'm doing well keeping up with the lawn and indoor cleaning. Pain in the butt chores yet to do:

Replace exhaust fan in guest bathroom

Drive about 1 1/4 hours to get my TSA precheck done

Opthalmologist appt/new glasses   and get an EKG my primary care doc wants

Hand three new doors

Empty out a junk room filled with stuff I hauled here after my parents died; no I don't know why I wanted some of the stuff

Muck out the filing cabinet

I also need to work on school curriculum for the coming year....

Oh yeah, running! Got n 6.1 this morning.

Tailwinds!

...steveP//......can Claire get an Avenger Doggie picture before she goes home tomorrow??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

Rabbit Rabbit y'all! Wishing you all a great month!

SRD for me.

Strange week ahead with a holiday right in the middle. I'm sure I'll have a difficult time remembering what day it is because I'm apparently at that age, where some small disruption in my normal routine totally throws me off 

Tammy

@Dave59: My goal for the Spring was a sub 20:00 5k but illness set me back. Maybe in the Fall. In the meantime I'll try to get in my 9lbs of spinach every day. I ran mid 15's in XC in high school, and just could not fathom the guys running slower than 20:00, they had to be walking half the way, right? Now I have a different perspective!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

As I was coming to the end of my run I see 2 white ducks pecking on my front driver's side tire. They wouldn't move when I came to the car, they just started yakking at me. Even as a drove off they wouldn't back off. I was worried about running them over but no one was injured.

I love spinach.  We only ever had canned spinach when I was growing up.  My mom would drain the water off and keep it for my dad 'cause he liked to drink it.  If we happened to be eating school lunch and spinach was served, I'd eat the other kids' portion.  They all thought I was nuts.  And on that note, here's your ear worm for the day.

We didn't go to church yesterday (), but a young man who's working temporarily in our office started going to the same church last week.  He told me this morning our pastor is stepping down in two months.  It's my understanding he had cancer before and it's come back.  We knew something was wrong because the last couple of weeks he has sat while preaching instead of standing behind the pulpit.  I really like his style of preaching and I'll be sad to see him leave, but lots prayers are needed for his health.

Joe - Regarding WS - The runners who made it past the last checkpoint but didn't make it across the finish line by the 30 hour cutoff get to finish and will get a finisher's medal, but they don't get the coveted finishers buckle.  Lots of people will stick around when they know there are still runners coming down the last mile and cheer them across the finish line.

I got too much sleep last night (if there is such a thing).  We were asleep by 7:30 last night, and even though I had to get up a couple of times to deal with cat issues, I slept 'til about 6:00.  Guess I was tired!

Anyway - if it stays decent outside, I'll go for a walk at lunch.  I'm really concerned about how my left knee is feeling.  I started massaging and rolling everywhere on the front and back of my leg over the weekend since things felt tight and constricted.  I'm hoping that's the problem.  Also, since I'm not running yet and won't be for awhile, I'm toying with the idea of trying to transition to an Altra-type shoe to see if that help things. We'll see . . .

Happy Monday ~~

Image result for popeye happy monday image

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

spacityrunner

I like spinach but not as much as Leslie.

Wonder what was up with the ducks...and glad no one was harmed.

3 mile walk with a friend in a new to us neighborhood.  Then we went to a new to us diner and had a nice little breakfast.  

Walking dogs at the shelter later on.

I sure do wish the mosquitoes would stop feasting on me.  I look like a connect the dots game.

Trails Rock!

...Welcome to Spinach//..enjoy the site.......

=========

Claire and I had-

buses practicing backing up

mowers mowing

and

a midget soccer game across the street

.........in other words, Just The Way We Like It........

==========

...91-degrees, slight wind

..........45-min Racing Crutches at the soccefields....

she did so well

I gave her my Old Racing Canes to take home

I am Proud of That Kiddo

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, I am unable (unwilling) to eat 9 lbs of spinach at a sitting, but may order an Ecdynize-Ecdysterone supplement to try it out.  Supposedly it is safe for both men and women.

Yesterday I spent 2+ hours weeding in the flowerbeds and digging up/moving the big river rocks that make up the perimeter of my garden (which I still have not managed to plant this year).  I moved the rocks in about 2 feet to make a smaller garden patch for the coming years, and as per SteveP, I laid down pieces of cardboard underneath them first to discourage weeds coming up between them.  With DS and his GF moving out at the end of this month, I will be the only one in the house that eats vegetables, for the most part, and so no need to have a huge garden.  It's hard enough to keep up with the flower beds.

4.75 miles for me this morning in 71 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Leslie-  I would really recommend Topo Ultrafly 2 or Magnifly over Altra.  I think they are better made and more consistent in sizing. They have the wide toebox and zero drop.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth