Masters Running

Wednesday (you guessed it!) Daily, 10.9.13 (Read 44 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

I'm sorry I don't have time to comment on yesterday's posts because it seems there was a lot of good stuff buzzing around. But I have to do some chores, take out the trash, and then get to my 8:00 meeting.

Remember that nap I hoped to get at lunchtime yesterday? Didn't happen. I forgot. So it goes.

I was out the door at 4 for 5.7 fartlecky racewalking miles. It was 42F (12 degrees cooler than yesterday), and we're still in a moonless (but certainly not starless!) phase of the month. I'm getting some good bodily feedback from using better hip rotation in my workouts, so I think I'll keep working on that.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

OK - will someone PLEASE explain to me what these "zombie" runs are????

I read thru yesterday's daily and it was a great thread -- lots of great runs and other stuff that makes all of you so much more to me than just online running buddies!!  I wanted to comment as well, but was totally drained at the end of the day.  Had to leave work at 11am so we could bring Justin back to the hospital to readjust these meds -- he wouldnt go until I came home to go with him.  Poor guy is so confused, anxious, paranoid - I really hope they find the best combination for him!!

I was up early yesterday 4:20am (i.e. late for JayRoll eyes) to get in a Boylston St run before work - Garmin was finicky and wouldnt connect right away so I started map my run on my phone -- 4.68 miles on the app in 40:14 - garmin kicked in a bit late and had me at 4.4 in 39:50 - I'm recording the 4.68 because I feel like it!! Wink

Karin - I love you but I highly doubt I will be game for a 50k in the hills of Vermont!!  I am however considering running the 1/2 in Manchester or putting together a marathon relay team to support all of the Iron Runners!!Cool

denise

Dave59

Mornin' Jay, Deez (and those to follow).  I was up pretty early (for me) to make sure some stuff at work ran overnight.  Then I had to take out the trash too (including the first dozen leaf bags of the season.)

I then ran a very slow 3-miles.  It was because of the darkness and my stubborn refusal to walk the 30 feet back to the house for a headlamp.  I had to take it pretty slow and watch my footing as much as possible.  With all the leaves on the ground, it isn't easy to see the sidewalk cracks or the potholes in the roads even in the light.

lamerunner

Good morning. I had to take DS to school so I got out  at 6:15, early ( for me) and did a quick 5 miles in the cold fog. It wasa  little tricky the first couple of miles with both darkness and fog... DS was excited to see a temp in the 30s on the car. He is looking ahead to ski season!

I may do a swim later, then I will want a nap but have to tend to other things...

Good Wednesday to all!

Slo

OK - will someone PLEASE explain to me what these "zombie" runs are????

I don't get the whole Zombie craze. Some people are just whacked out. Anyway, around here the zombie runs are mild obstacle courses littered with people dressed up as zombies that you have to avoid. Just another gimmick race.

5 easy miles in nice cool temps.

Had a wonderful day yesterday with DW. Started with an aweseome breakfast, we spent part of it hiking thru an old historic lead mine, had lunch an upscale bar and did a little shopping in the historic downtown area of Dubuque.

Tramps

Deez--I'll let folks who do them explain the zombie run. It involves an app on your cellphone.

Speaking of which, here's a race TwoCat might enjoy.

My final Pfitz 15.  Tough one, but it's done.

Now it's time for today's edition of Wildlife Out My Window™

Hey, they can't all be cute and furry.

Have a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

Deez--I'll let folks who do them explain the zombie run. It involves an app on your cellphone.

Speaking of which, here's a race TwoCat might enjoy.

Hmm, I guess I may not know what the are either.

BTW...C-R, Your sub 19 did not escape my attention. I have yet to run a sub 20 but I sincerely believe that witht he right focus I could knock on the door of a sub 19. Yeah, I'm delusional...I know.

King of PhotoShop

In my 50s  couldn't get under 20. Ran a bunch of 20:03, 20:05 and so on.  Sub 19 is very nice. Good job.

Dave's posts are always fun.

Still sore-legged! I swear I felt better after my ultra last February. This is ridiculous. Walked 1.3 miles with RP this morning.  Learned today that I have tix for Sunday night's Cowboys-Redskins game.  Taking Prime Rib.

All packed and headed to Raleigh for a day. Home tomorrow afternoon.  Spareribs

mrrun

Karin - I love you but I highly doubt I will be game for a 50k in the hills of Vermont!!  I am however considering running the 1/2 in Manchester or putting together a marathon relay team to support all of the Iron Runners!!Cool

deez - sign me up for some of those miles!

ran 10 this morning on commonwealth in glorious weather - and the cars stopped and waved me thru

enjoy the runs,

marj

Tramps

BTW...C-R, Your sub 19 did not escape my attention.

It escaped mine.  Awesome, C-R.

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

It escaped mine.  Awesome, C-R.

I better fix this...C-R issued a challenge earlier this year to see which of us could be the first to run a Sub 19. He made reference to that challenge back in yesterday's daily.

"So Slo - seems your running is going well and my boy is now pushing me (we ran last night with headlamps to get our miles for the day) and that sub 19 thing may be back on the table. Wink"

A sub 1:30 half and a sub 19 5k.

Marathon Maniac #957

Karin - I love you but I highly doubt I will be game for a 50k in the hills of Vermont!!  

Deez - I think Karin is talking about the 50 MILE option.  I especially liked the description of the course on the website that said, after the 42 mile mark, "the rest of the way is all trail, which gets progressively tougher ."   The last 9 miles of a 50-miler is not what you want to be "progressively tougher."  That's just not right....Joking

5 easy-paced miles for me this morning in 45 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Hello peeps,

Hope all is well.  Sorry I haven't been around recently - too crazy busy with a bunch of stuff, including sending PBJster #1 to USC.

I am a go for the Hartford marathon this Saturday - anyone here doing it?  Then it's NYC in less than 4 weeks.  I can't wait.

- Slow Joe

Tramps

I better fix this...C-R issued a challenge earlier this year to see which of us could be the first to run a Sub 19. He made reference to that challenge back in yesterday's daily.

Ah, I missed it because it never happened. I get it.  Nice to see a little stirring of the pot, tough. Who's taking money on this?

PBJ--I was just thinking about trying a "PBJ Special" soon.  Good to see you.  Congrats on getting #1 off to school.

Be safe. Be kind.

C-R

Look at me stirring the pot. Must be something about us Indiana types. No sub 19 yet Tramps but that's what Slo and I are trying to accomplish.

6 slow recovery miles today at lunch. I feel like some of Tramps backyard wildlife in today's photo. The second run of the day at 5.4 XC miles last night really hit the legs hard.

50 miles on a birthday. Go Karin.

Back to work.

Cheers all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/