Masters Running

Sat, Sep 26th. Race, Run and Recoveries (Read 564 times)

Slo

Happy start to the weekend all !

Just in from an easy 4 miler.

Cool, humid and foggy.

SLO - love your photoshop work Smile

Little recovery run for me, too.

3.1 miles, 28:36, 9:06/mi, AHR 132 (68% MHR)

Time to keg some beer.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Morning SLO and WRFB

You are ready SLO_HAND....rock it (and rocket) tomorrow!

WRFB, PDR, and I will be getting our game faces on next week at this time---or getting close anyway.

4.2 mile un-timed run for me this morning as the sun was peeking up over the horizon. Chilly at 37º but beautiful out there. Clear, calm and a few more flashes of red and orange. This year's leaf peepers are in for quite the show.

A little yard work and then some hockey game spectating on tap (no beer tho').

Enjoy the day!

Jlynne, I replied to you with an RA Message.  Sorry it took me so long.  Didn't see it!

Marathon Pace day today.

15.2 miles total.  4.5 miles warmup, then 10 miles at MP (somewhere bewteen 8:19 and 8:35), 1 mile cool down jog.

This one was tough.  77° and 96% humidity.  Ugh.  I got it done and all the MP miles were at the right paces, but it was not pretty.  Thanks God for water breaks.  My HR was in the 160's for most of the MP miles.  I certainly can't maintain that on raceday.  That's about 90% of my max HR (181).

Not a real confidence builder for so late in the training cycle.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Slo

SLO - love your photoshop work Smile

Sorry, not me. It this Sign Generator

Sorry, not me. It this Sign Generator

Oh, cool!  Thanks for the link!

Slo

Oh, cool!  Thanks for the link!

BTW. I have dibs on the lady in the T-Shirt.

Good morning everyone, 

4 miles at MP (9:10)  6.2 total miles 60F very light mist & breeze, perfect, but I still sweat plenty.  Heavy rain started 1 minute after I got in the house.  Going 18 tomorrow, then the taper will begin, its all downhill from there.

Have a great weekend! 

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Henrun

Another recovery run-3.3 miles on a beautiful cool fall morning while Marj is out doing a long run. After lunch I'm cycling downtown for the annual Beantown Jazz Festival (free and outdoors) and, later in the afternoon, bicycle races to watch at Government Center-a busy afternoon.                                        

Tomorrow, a rainy day expected, we're driving in to Brooklyn for the rest of the High Holidays and another family reunion. Will try to run the Brooklyn Bridge while there (for 3 days).

Tramps

Nice running/recovery/and tapering going on today.

17.5 miles total on a hodge-podge of a running day with some nice cooler temps.

2.2 mile warm-up @ 8:37

5K fun run @ 7:03

10.2 cool-down/trail run @ 10:16

Be safe. Be kind.

lamerunner

Good afternoon. No workout yet. DD 16 ran a great race! Third place out of 200 in the girls JV race, right around 21 minutes on the very tough Derryfield  Park 5k course. She had been hoping to break 21 but I think it is still a PR. Stayed and watched a couple of other races then ahd to come home .

HOping to bike e later. 

Ran Akron Half marathon as planned MP training @ 8:35 pace, which is what I ended up doing (1:52:22 @ 8:36 pace) but was hoping to feel much fresher.  I felt better two weeks ago after my 1:46:39 at Erie Two weeks ago.

May re-evaluate Marathon plan but will wait of few days to take it all in.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Marathon Maniac #957

Slo_Hand – good luck tomorrow!

Breger – you’re going to be running in Ohio in late October – no way will you have 77° and 96% humidity (God please don’t spite me on this).  The cooler temps will lend wings to your feet after training in those south Florida conditions.

BuckeyeChamp – don’t lose heart.  Some days we have it, some we don’t. 

Henrun – I really enjoyed your description of your runs along the Charles.

We had a nice time at the wine tasting last night, and I watched my intake carefully, so as not to disrupt my attempts at caloric maintenance.  But then we stopped at a tavern on the way home (the Dark Horse Tavern, actually), and had a shared a pork tenderloin sandwich and fries with some light beers.  Oh well, you have to live a little.  And it was soooo good….

7.4 easy-paced miles for me this morning in 68° and light rain.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BTW. I have dibs on the lady in the T-Shirt.

No problem.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Gee I think I have SLO_Hand envy

Finished my 30K trail race. I planned on sub 8 pace if the temps were ok and it was drizzle and 62 so I went for it. The running was nice and smooth and I was hitting 7:58, 7:55, 7:50 type paces for mile 3 on. This continued up to the turnaround at 9.x Then it became an effort and the pace drifted to 8:10 then mile 15 and I really bonked running 8:30's with the 18th mile at 9:02. Came in at 2:33:40 for 8:15 pace.  No gels and no e-caps, just swigs of gator aid along the
                                route.  I think it is good training to run that last 10K wishing I was dead.  It's funny how you feel like you are barely moving when you bonk but the pace is still a decent 8:30's.  Mile 10 came in at 1:20:07 which is 8:00 pace overall.  Good news is the leg/knee never complained at all but it might have lost power after mile 10. It was funny whe we got to the aid station at mile 2, the table and cups were there but all empty. We asked "Do you have any water/gatoraid?" the aid stattion person said "Not yet".... not yet, oh, we'll wait Wink . But I do applaud the great volunteers who were shivering drenched for hours in the rain!

Charlie Engle was there (Running the Sahara) and I talked to him before and after the race. Nice guy.  He's doing some 500+ mile bike race next week,  part along the Badwater Ultra route (like Death Valley). Evidently combined times of this bike race and Badwater generate a super winner.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova