Masters Running

Dimanche (Sunday) Nov 15.15 (Read 42 times)

mrrun

Hi all,

Busy Sunday for us  - we're going to a rally in Boston to support France followed by a RA gathering at local gastropub with DG at 4

Yesterday, my DD, GD1 and I ran/walked a predict your time turkey trot for a 3-generation of runners.  It was GD1's first race with a time of 38.5 minutes, 1.5 minutes faster then predicted.  I was 13 minutes slower then my predicted time because I couldn't run, but walked.  I walked with another injured runner, so it turned out to be a lot of fun.  I thought I would win the worst prediction time, but there were about 5 people who were further off.  Henrun also ran less then a  minute off his prediction.

Congrats to tet for his race, enke for her job, LaT for being LaT, ((())) to those who need/want them, and way to go for everyone else!

marj

wildchild when I report my distances in the forum I round down to the nearest mile. I actually ran 13.54 miles yesterday. But I suspect you guessed as much. 

Avenger Doggie sounds like a lot of fun. Smart move avoiding that porky pine. They can be a problem! I hope you new BFF for the day is safely back home.

Today for me was an elliptical day. My DW and I are now each in our home offices working. I suppose we both figure that this week will be tough on keeping up with work.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Henrun

Bumping up Sunday's(Dimanche) thread.

Did a local reservoir run. Off to the Boston Common for a support rally for France. Then RA meet-up at 4.

evanflein

Marj and Henrun, what RA meetup? We're curious if not feeling a little envious.... Good job on Henrun's prediction run. I've never done one of those.

Loved the pictures AD posted yesterday. Looks like a beautiful day in MI for a romp in the woods. Hope Dad wasn't in too much hot water for the shortcut...

Congrats on the new job, Enke. The pay may not be great but is there room to move up?

Holly, when DH and I were in Scottsdale for one of his company's conferences, one of the activities was going to a local shooting club and shooting a variety of 9mm guns so you could learn how to do it, and how the different guns felt. I remember being so nervous my hands were sweaty, but did a pretty good job overall. I have no interest in guns either (odd for an Alaskan, apparently), but feel like I at least know what to do with one.

I had breakfast yesterday (brunch?) with two friends I haven't seen in ages. We work on the same campus, but in different buildings and different roles. We all started in the same department back in 1990 and it was 1996 when I got a different job on the other side of campus when we started seeing each other less and less. Yesterday was great; we seemed to pick up where we left off. Our kids were little tykes back then and now are all young adults. Back then, we talked about daycare and finding that life balance that's so hard for working parents of young kids. Now we talk about careers, co-workers and retirement. It was great, and afterward we all agreed we need to do that more often. I hope we do.

Spent the rest of the day doing errands and cleaning around the house. Almost went for a run outside, and I really should have, but didn't. Yesterday was our warmest day we'll see in awhile, as the highs the next few days won't get above zero. But oh well, I did 4.1 on the treadmill at the end of the day, before making dinner. This month is going to be pretty low for mileage, I think. We leave for Hawaii on Thursday and I hope to get some good (sweaty) runs in while there. Today will probably be another TM run though.

A little run in the soft rain for me today.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks....

I registered today for the Portland Marathon 10/9/16 and the Cellcom Green Bay Marathon 5/22/16.  The other details will come later.....

13.6 miles for me today in 39-43 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...howdy guys.......

,,,,55-min HH walk at HS CC course again

2-lb handweights and 2-lb trailboots

The Blister from Hell

continues on my Big Toe.........figure it's gotta pop one of these days

apparently

it's made from the same stuff a Run Flat Tire is in the military,

perhaps

I can have a Congressional Committee  allot 10-million dollars to study it

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

moebo

Good evening, all.

Tomwhite, I still have a big toe blister left over from my marathon on October 3rd!

Wild, I lived in France for most of the time from 1985 to 2001--about half the time in Paris and the other half in Normandy. I initially went for a study abroad year and decided I liked it enough to stay a lot longer!

Just got a call from my credit card's fraud protection service--somebody used my card to make 3 different charges at 2 Home Depots today, for a total of $12,000! Luckily I won't have to pay, but it makes me so mad to think that someone got away with stealing that much using my card.

Got out for 8.2 miles today, 9:27 average pace, which is pretty fast for me. I wanted to go longer but needed to get home to do some yard cleanup. I feel great these days, hope it lasts!

Have fun at the RA meet-up - soooooooo sory to miss all of you

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Have fun at the RA meet-up - soooooooo sory to miss all of you

You misspelled sorry, please try again.

Moebo, That has a familiar ring to it. Where have you been woman?!

-croifg

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

((Leslie))

Enke - congrats on the new job!

Tet - congrats on yet another 26.2!

AvengerDoggie - beautiful photos and great tale of your day yesterday! My son and his fiance adopted a 1yr old lab today - I'm sure you could show her a few tricks!!

5.6 miles with some running friends this morning then took my little princess to mass and a luncheon. She's been here with us since Wed night - her mom and my son not doing so well unfortunately and he's back home again. To make things a little more stressful, she's 11 weeks pregnant with their 2nd child ... oh well, we just have to be there to support them as needed.

Trifury awards banquet this afternoon kept me away from the RA meet-up, but hope we see some pics and hear about the evening!

denise

Sayhey! MM#130

Just still stunned by weekend events.  Friend of mine who lived in Paris in the past noted that the generation that lived through WW2 experience attacks on their homeland and that now, 2015 has brought that to this generation.

Thanks, AD for the smiles.

Hey twocat, thinking of you.

Glad you are feeling better Marj.

congrats on the job, enke.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mariposai

Great, so if we ever want to do a France wine tour marathon,  Maebo can be our interpreter.  I am not kidding here.

No running for my wings today. A lovely 10 miler  yesterday plus a great Rotary  wine and cheese event. My tiramisu cake went for 500.

Today was helping clean up post event, plus working some from home plus going to a private  session for a lead opera singer from Cuba. Amazing  experience.  No running for my wings, but the soulwas nurtured.

Have I mentioned how painful it is to post here from a cell phone?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Hope we get photographic evidence of the Dg visit! Although I bet there won't be a pic of the guest of honor....

8.2 progressive pace miles for me today while listening to several "Planet Money" podcasts. I love that show... Very interesting and the time passes relatively quickly. Just eeked over 31 miles for the week. Oy.

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"