Masters Running

Happy Birthday, Econo, and how'd you do on the marathon? (Read 278 times)

Hey, Econo.  Happy Birthday!!!!!!   Waiting to hear about the Sauvie Island Marathon. Tried to follow on Strands, but no luck.   Woods Lady
    evanflein

Happy Birthday Econo! Hope you have a greta year and lots of fun in China! (Yeah, how'd ya do?)
      wildchild

Carolyn

Happy 39th birthday, Econo!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

wildchild, you're a pal for life. 

I did well and poorly.  Ran the first half easily, despite the rising heat, but my quads shut down by mile 17 (I had a wicked chest cold starting 4 weeks out and I had missed my last long run....boohoo!).  The 2nd half was frustrating, as my heart rate was low but my quad pain so intense that I had to walk a lot.  End result...another 4:22 marathon, bluh!

Besides the pain, though, it was a riot -- lots of fun to meet (patient) pals at the end.

Happy birthday Econowildchild did you get the digits backwards again? 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

heh heh, your bluh is my goal!  Congratulations on another marathon medal.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

A day late, but happy birthday!

Sorry your time wasn't what you were hoping for, but not bad at all in those conditions.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Belated happy birthday, Econo.  I hope it was a good one.  Your marathon sounds pretty good to me.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Birthday, Econo! 

I hope you'll post the link to your RR over here, so your fans on this side (like me) can read about it.   

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

Happy Birthday Econo!!  sorry I'm late.  I was executive officer for the week, and you know how that goes.  As far as your marathon, a 4:22... and with intense quad pain?   and post illness?  You, my dear, are an animal.  way to go.

uh... my words fell out of my balloon. 

fondest regards,

Dennis

Love the kitty, Dennis! 

Econo,  Wanna go to Salem on the 20th for a 5K at Bushes Pasture. - Race for the Arts?  Hope you are getting all rested up.  Nice of your DH to make you a nice dinner. 

#artbydmcbride

Congrats on a fine marathon in tough conditions.  And happy 39th birthday!  You don't look a day over 37!  Smile

Runners run

huskydon

A belated Happy Birthday Econo! 

Good job under tough conditions.  Next time, you will tame the marathon beast for sure.

arf

MM #405

Happy Birthday Beautiful !!     You deserve all the best that life has to offer!

I miss you,

arf