Masters Running

February Masters Miles (Read 50 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Whew!  February is finally over, and we're a little closer to spring.  Time to post your monthly mileage, and any AG awards and PRs, and anything else noteworthy or award-worthy.

Awards given, as usual, for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, prime numbers, cool totals, and whatever else I feel like.

I didn't really feel motivated to run today, but I needed 5.5 more miles to end on a prime number this month (157 miles).  Pretty dumb to be motivated by an award I will give myself, but whatever works! 

Here are a couple pictures of Tazzie and Ladybug on today's run:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Carolyn.  Thanks for the totals once again.

Very minor improvement over January--42.7 miles for the month.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

again, a low mileage month but based on my mileage over the last 6 mos I guess it was a significant improvement!

56.7 miles

ran 2 5K's and came in 2nd AG in both (one was a 5K relay with my son and we took 2nd in our category)

Tammy

Just a dude.

175.6 miles for me.

Ran a 5k race where I was 3rd overall, which says more about no one else showing up than it does about how fast I am.

Thanks!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Latent Runner

February: 201.0

YTD: 455.5

February proved to be an even more difficult month than January in that I managed to exceed my minimum monthly mileage goal by a only 1 mile.  That makes 8 straight 200+ mile months since last July, and prior to that I'd never logged more than 170 miles.

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
            • 2-mile: 13:49
            • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
            • 5-Mile: 37:24
            • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
            • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
            • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

MM #7877

February Miles: 314.2 miles.

Races - None

Achievements: Have set new pacing records for both my long and middle distance runs. Getting Faster. Training well.

Philippians 4:13.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

only 49 for Feb.

Goal 80-90 in March

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

evanflein

178.3 for February

359.5 YTD

Ahead of last year, so that works for me!

Thanks wildchild---as always!

263 miles for February

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Thanks Wild.  I thought I would jump in here too.  I've been gone to long.

An even 300 miles for the month of February

548 miles year to date

Feels like I am a runner reborn (finally).

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

C-R

Thanks Carolyn. Nice pics too.

204.5 for me with no races (too much ice and snow)

It's march so Spring is just that much closer. Yay!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'm very happy with my February mileage - 151.3 miles.  My highest monthly total in probably two years (and in the shortest month of the year).

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks wild!  I had a very satisfying month.  It wasn't big on mileage but it was huge on accomplishments!

Accomplishment #1: I was able to do something I hadn't been able to do for 7 years, 5 months, and 1 week--I broke 3 hours in the marathon!

Accomplishment #2: I won 1st Overall in a marathon

Along with those accomplishments, I learned a few things, as well.  One of those things is--when you want something really bad that, sometimes, you have to really work hard at it.  Not just put in the time and the miles--but you have to put in the effort! I know I'm getting older--I know my body will eventually not respond to what my mind is telling it to do...no matter how hard I work.  But that doesn't mean I have to stop trying.  Getting older doesn't give me an excuse to stop giving an effort required to accomplish a certain goal I set for myself...whether I achieve that goal or not.

Okay--that's enough of that.

Feb: 113

2014: 355

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Carolyn! Happy doggies!

February might have been short, very cold and snowy but somehow I managed my most miles ever! (All outdoors and NO doubles)

February: 340.3 miles PR (that averages to 12.1 miles per day, should have run one more mile per day.. Hmm new goal?)

YTD: 670.4 miles

PRs:

longest run ever: 27.0 miles

Most weekly miles: 90

running streak 1291 days running everyday without a rest day (who needs them?)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

I miss Tazzie and Ladybug.  It's been about a year and a half since I ran with them.

Mileage this month was the first time I've had a prime number, 167.  Wasn't sure so I looked it up.  Sometimes I see a number I think is prime and it isn't.  Excited that I've stayed ahead of the Swamp pace bunny for 2 months!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me