Masters Running

10/6 Runs and RR readings (Read 405 times)

Slo

Good Morning All

Jlynne  I am so very sorry. What a game though.....it lived up to it's hype. I hate the Vikings but ya gotta admitt.....there is still a roaring fire burning in Favre.....damn.

A good and hard lung burning workout in the pool.

Well, I gotta run. Would love to share more but people are waiting and I've got a small window to get alot accomplished.

Tramps

Cat got your tongue, SLO? 

2 mile wu @ 8:43

2.5 mile tempo @ 7:15

I planned to do 4 tempo miles but felt a sharp twinge at this point and quickly decided to play it safe and stop.

1 mile cool-down @ 8:46

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

Cat got your tongue, SLO? 

Nope.....It's my little trick to help asssure no one else starts a daily thread while I'm typing away.

Breger....ya paying attention to this ?  I open a new thread and hit the post button.....then come back and modify my blank post.....Notice how you snuck in on me while I was posting my daily.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Tramps-- good move.. sharp twinges don't sound good.

2 mile warmup with the dogs at 10:10 pace then 10 miles progressive: 8:33, 8:23 (2mi), 8:17, 7:55, 8:11, 7:52, 7:41(2 mi), 7:56

10 mi in 1:20:45 (8:05 pace, AHR 155) ... gee that was a faster pace than Saturday's 10K race!

(I substituted this for 8 mile tempo because I'm taking it easy with the knee)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

lamerunner

Greetings. It has been a hectic few days. My foot is making slow progress, very slow but still.  I will take it.

Saturday I swam then did an hour on the elliptical trainner,  working pretty hard , with only mild achiness in the foot and no limping after. Odd when the elliptical is a victory, but sometimes you take your victories wherever you can!! 

Sunday was a bike ride and lots of DS soccer. He acutally ran 2-3 miles with DH Sunday morning and played a fabulous game in the afternoon.  Good warm up I guess. Yesterday back in the pool for swimming and pool running.

Today I am not sure yet. Either pool or elliptical. Manchester City XC meet is this afternoon, and I would like to see that if possible.  Gorgeous day, great morning for a run.  

Great runs and resting to all!

I really don't care much about this, but THOSE STUUUUPID PACKERS!!!!!!!   

Oh yeah - cross training day. 5 miles on the eliptical, 5 miles on the bike, 20 minutes of machines and free weights. Had some frustrations to work out....

Teresadfp

One day at a time

lamerunner, enjoy the meet!  Our conference meet is on Thursday.

I went for a 3.3-mile recovery run this morning.  Told myself to go very slowly and I did!  Felt pretty good. The muscles on the insides of my thighs are a little sore, but that's it.  I'm really going to aim for a minimum of 25 mpw for awhile - I think it will help.

Morning -

30 min on the stationary bike whilst watching "The Stand," then 1.25 hrs of strength/core.  I haven't done these activities in three weeks, so I suspect I will be pleasantly (or not pleasantly) sore later.  Getting used to that bike seat again - .

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

SLO  

Tammy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hello all!!

I did get out for a run last night.   It is SO much harder for me to run in the evening - nothing feels right at all!   That being said, it was a slow 11 m/m but my heart rate was much better even though it seemed like I was working so much harder.   4 miles in the books .....

Rest day today, except for Tone Zone tonight.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

SLO  

What ???    Did I say something ?

TammyinGP

.... I hate the Vikings but ya gotta admitt.....there is still a roaring fire burning in Favre.....damn.

Tammy

Slo

Tammy.......
                              Afternoon all---went out for a gentle 4 mile no-watch run at 8:45---sunny, leaves really turning and a perfect cross-country like morning. Legs feel good but I didn't push it and ran easy. Interesting how a flat marathon feels a few days later----even with all the warnings about a net downhill race being a quad shredder, I am not feeling any pain there. I am generally tired, but no big deal.

Off to Dayton this afternoon and a run with Holly tomorrow morning! (If the wild rain and wind predicted in Oh. doesn't interfere with USAir....bleh)

Careful there Tramps---you are smart to pull back especially with less than two weeks before Baystate (by the way, you'll go over a bridge twice on that course----double loop----and it made my legs buckle----I am no civil engineer, but it moves almost like a suspension bridge and I couldn't anticipate where my feet would meet the surface----hard to explain, but just be careful!)

Back to the grind!

Good afternoon, gang!

Work and life have been getting in the way of my daily visit - so hard to keep up sometimes!

Leslie - is that the Stephen King "The Stand"??  One of my favorites.

Lame - glad to hear the foot is making progress - nothing wrong with the elliptical.

Mary - I concur - running in the evening sucks for me - I'm definitely a morning runner. 

I have been keeping up with the running even if I've let everything else slide - priorities, you know.   20 miles on the Airline Trail Sunday morning - last long run before the taper - yeah.  This morning was the last set of mile repeats - 4 X 1mile with target pace of 8:31. Actual times were 8:24, 8:18, 8:11 and 8:11.  1.5 mile warmup, .5 mile jogs between the repeats and 1 mile cooldown for overall 8 miles @ 159 AHR.  

DH and a spent a weekend at the Orvis Sandanona shooting grounds in Millbrook, NY.  Wow!  Their sporting clay setup is exquisite.  We took a "class" but were the only participants, so it was more like an all day private lesson.  A decent clay shooting venue is  just another item to add to the list of "must live close to" requirements for retirement. 

The blight destroyed my last two tomato plants in the hanging planters - I put them out of their misery last night.  (Sigh)  I guess I wasn't meant to have homegrown tomatoes this year.....   

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous