Masters Running

They are back.......Mockingbirds 2008 (Read 396 times)

I thought the Mockingbirds had decided they didn't want to come back to the bush in front of my house. A couple of weeks ago I saw one of them sitting on the hood of my truck looking in the front door. I checked the bush and saw nothing to indicate that they were using last year's nest. There also was no sign of a new nest. This evening I came out of my front door to get into my truck and realized that a bird had flown over my head from out of the bush. I stopped to explore the bush and finally found what I was hoping to find.....A NEW NEST WITH THREE EGGS. I will attempt to follow the process again on this thread. April 18th Mockingbirds 2008
    Vista

Marathon Maniac #3309

That is soooo cool....it always amazes me how birds go so far away in the winter, to come back to the same address....thanks for sharing. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Ahh, another beautiful sign of spring - Vista's mockingbirds. Smile Beautiful pic. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Hey vista, I guess you are not feeding the neighborhood cat at your door anymore if the birds feel that comfortable to nest in the shrubs. Wonderful photography work by the way.
            Neat, Vista. I look forward to more pictures as things progress. TomS
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for posting the photos, Vista! I enjoyed seeing the mockingbirds while I was in Texas. They are the state bird.
              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Vista--I think your sign of spring will end up being much more scenic than mine--I noticed the carp are coming close to shore in our lake last night for the first time. Wink Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

This was one of my favorite threads last year! Keep the pictures coming.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mock...yeah, ing.....yeah, bird....yeah. Mockingbird... well everybody have you heard?
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Top 'O the World!

Smile Thanks Vista!
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Yeah - Spring has arrived at the Vista house! I love this thread. Thanks Evryday for putting that song in my head today!! Wink

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Thanks Vista! Big grin
                            This morning I checked the eggs and all three were intact. This evening (6:30 PM) I decided to check one more time before shutting down for the night. To my delight, two of the eggs have hatched. Already the tiny little birds are opening their mouths to indicate they want to be fed. I do mean TINY. I am sure these little creatures are smaller than when I first discovered last year's birds. Hopefully the third egg will soon hatch. Photobucket
                            Vista
                            nowor

Wonderful to see the hatching. Please post the mockingbird blog address again. A 6 yr old friend is very interested. Thanks.
                                Vista