Masters Running

Wednesday Feb 6 runs (Read 559 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Warm (40 degrees) and windy here too, but not shorts weather. Sad The wind was whipping up the snow from yesterday so it stung my face when I was running into the wind. So I turned around! Smile I went to a trail that was sideways to the wind and somewhat protected (down a hill behind some big office buildings), and did hill repeats. I thought of CNYrunner and Holly when I was charging up the hill! Though I'm sure you guys would have left me in the dust. Cool Good luck, Munch. Sending more healing vibes your way!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Weights and the balance ball for me, walking to the Y in light snow. Hope we hear from all our chums in the areas hit by storms. Let us know you are ok out there! Ribs--and you call your running shoes your trainers, and your underwear shirt your vest (your vest, if you have one, is a wescott). French fries of course are chips and chips are crisps (that takes time to learn how to say, or at least, it did for me). The T is the tube and you are a lucky duck to go across the pond in August! lyndenrunner, you should tell what last night's dinner was, as some of us are clueless as to tonight's dinner. Any suggestions from future posters will be happily received--I'll check back. I know I have chicken in the fridge.... grins, A
      Masters 2000 miles

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

We are currently getting about 2" of snow per hour - until 1 a.m or so. Going to be a knuckle whitening ride home. Probably no outdoor run tomorrow . . . . Undecided ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Top 'O the World!

Anybody who's missing snow can just come on out to Co! & the higher the elevation, the higher the snow totals! Crested Butte reported receiving eleven FEET of new snow in JANUARY alone! 1300 hrs...starting ele 5889', top of minor hill ~ 6658 39*F/42% H - 4mph wind to start ~ 18+ gusts @ end (big black clouds on SW horizon ) 5.35 slippery, slushy, rolling hills w/Mairead in 1:06:14 what's the life expectancy of soggy Saucony's?
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

GreenMan

Yikes BAP.....thems a lot of meds there......................Did you bring enough for the rest of the class????
            SNORK! An unscheduled non-running partial rest day, Elliptical and XT lite, about an hour. jjj
            Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

King of PhotoShop

First a tip of the hat to Burger, who nailed the clue. A soft C is indeed the head of the word Centaur. Nice one Bill. BAP, nice stuff! And Aamos, you do know I worked over there for a couple of years, so I have some of the lingo. Aside from the history, the one takeaway I will always remember is how green everything was. I live in TX, so when our grass is green, it is still nothing compared to the green grass in England. Everything was just so beautiful. Same memories of being in Ireland. I worked for Bank of Ireland in Dublin and had the same fond memory. Roch, I took the train to Portsmouth one day, just to see the "Victory" (and the "Warrior") and I never had such a wonderful time. I am excited to bring the family this time. Elliptical for 30 today. I go home tomorrow, fairly early. Don't fly out again until Tuesday. Big event for me is romantic Valentine dinner with a special RA lady! Spareribs
                5 treadmill miles because of all the flippin snow outside. Its warm actually 32f and I would have liked to run outside but with the bad roads It would be to dangerous. 8 on the ground and about 2 per hour so lots more to come. I am sure to get a 3am call to plow tonight better get some sleep early. safe runs all

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Manchild

4 on the treadmill following work. Pouring rain outside. I like the addition of crossword puzzle clues to the forum, SR, although like Holly, I am pretty bad at crossword puzzles! Chris
                    And Aamos, you do know I worked over there for a couple of years, so I have some of the lingo. Aside from the history, the one takeaway I will always remember is how green everything was. I live in TX, so when our grass is green, it is still nothing compared to the green grass in England. Everything was just so beautiful. Same memories of being in Ireland. I worked for Bank of Ireland in Dublin and had the same fond memory. Spareribs Ah, that must have been one of your other girlfriends you told that to, ribs <sniff>. Geez people, no recipes. I'm going to go home, drown it in sherry and make some rice to go underneath.</sniff>
                    Masters 2000 miles
                      There was sunshine today. It lasted about 20 minutes. I was inside working during this time. By the time I got out for a run, it was raining, 37F, windy, and generally icky. Still, I managed my 3.3 miles in decent time. Doing run/walk LHR stuff and my pace is slowly coming down and I'm enjoying the workout a lot more. Wish I were somewhere warm and dry. No
                      Have you got a flag?