Masters Running

4-18 Friday Before Boston Daily (Read 35 times)

Tramps

Good luck to all the Boston runners!  That weather forecast is awesome.

Out for 7 miles this morning. I've now run more in April than I did in all of March.  Woo hoo!

Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mariposai

Wooo hooo Tramps! Here is to more miles in April for you. How is Tribee doing?

A week from today I will see my dear friends Enkephalin and Divechief who are coming over to help me with the Orchards in Bloom race. Planning is coming along very well. Last night I had a training meeting with the water station volunteers. Tonight is race bag stuffing night. We have a group of special needs adults coming over to help us tonight. It is always so much fun to work with that population.

Ohh, and the mayors of Omak and Okanogan (two cities near each other) will be handing out the awards to the finishers Smile. Things are looking good for our inaugural race.

Ohh, no running for me today. I am tapering because tomorrow I will run a ghost half marathon (the orchards in bloom) 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Sayhey! MM#130

Good Morning or what ever time of day you are reading this.

Erika, I'd love to know what your colleagues say about you.  You must awe them; you awe me!  I am pretty sure I wouldn't have toughed out that lunch run.  The Reston Marathon, yes, but a lunch run, not voting on my willpower.

Craig, if you're out there, so glad to know you'll be at your regular post just before mile 20.  It's where the race begins, and how truly fantastic to see you and friends there!

OK, my body is here but my head is there.  Which makes for interesting feelings, as when I got up for my run this am, I check our local weather around 5:30 am: 72 degrees, check.   Then (by reflex, by now), I check Boston.   32 degrees.  Ouch, people!  I know it will get warmer, but y'all have had enough.

Really looking forward to no time change this year.  If all goes well, I should be landing in about 24 hours and able to lunch in Boston.

5 very distracted and very slow miles for me this am, overall pace 9:51.

Modified to add: but if I had been in Nancy's neighborhood, I would have stopped to admire the orchids!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

And the excitement is building!

Nancy - wish I was there to run your orchards with you...

Last night's class at the gym turned out to be a different one than scheduled.  It was half Zumba and then half weights and exercises.  I feel so awkward doing Zumba - just when I figure out what we are doing they are on to something else.  Fun though.  And I am feeling the weighted-curling-walking-lunges today.

4.8 miles for me today in 45 degrees or so.

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

No run for me today as I'm hoping to race tomorrow, my last chance before I have my surgery.

Had a fun morning. I taped a segment for Fox TV news this morning which will air on Monday before the marathon.  I had to laugh at the producer reminding me not to mention the weather or to refer to "Monday's race" and instead talk about "today's race."  I was a quick study however, and we filmed a 3 minute segment in just one take.

Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Very cool!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

I wish I could see that clip Ribs, but I'm sure it'll be on-line somewhere to watch after the airing, right?

I'm excited that we'll actually have nice weather for the weekend! Seems like we've had cold and rain for the last 10 Easters. I only remember when David was a toddler being able to be outside in shorts and have easter egg hunts for him. Well, he's now 14 and too old for egg hunts. . . or so I thought. We invited not only my parents over for brunch, but also a friend of ours and her two (twin) kids - the boy is one of David's best friends in school and the girl is the female captain of the track team (david is the male captain), so the two of them are very good friends and run together regularly also. Well, they all want an easter egg hunt, so guess I'm stuffing eggs and I plan on making this tough - we have woods, and trails, and lots of great hiding places, so this has already turned into a competitive, trash-talking, egg hunt amongst the three of them.

leaving work early today to coach the distance runners. Their distance coach leaves for Boston this morning and will be gone a week. Today is a tempo road run with about 9-10 kids.

Tammy

...ribs is just a ChickMagnet........

must be the shoes.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Awesome picture Ribs! Would love to see the tape if you can get the link to us.

Nice Tramps. Looks like you're back on track.

Sounds like your race planning is coming along nicely Mariposai. Good volunteers help a lot.

I've taken zumba classes at the Y as well, Holly. I always feel like such a clutz.

Hi Tom!! Have fun on your vacation and don't forget to send us a postcard!  Oh - and bring bail money, just in case

Up at Jay o'clock to serve breakfast at one of the shelters, then came home and ran 6 miles. Turned out to be a pretty decent day so I took the sheets off of a couple of beds, and they're on the clothesline "swaying in the breeze" right now. I love that smell! Waiting for Will (age 4) and Ben (age 3) to get here. They're going to help grandma color Easter eggs this afternoon. Keep me in your prayers.....

Sayhey! MM#130

Up at Jay o'clock to serve breakfast at one of the shelters, then came home and ran 6 miles.     Waiting for Will (age 4) and Ben (age 3) to get here. They're going to help grandma color Easter eggs this afternoon. Keep me in your prayers.....

I think the angels have their eyes on you, not to worry.  Your casual note about serving brakfast humbles me.

And marvelous use of "Jay o'clock!"

Blessings, and Happy Easter!  (picture or 2 of the boys and eggs??)

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Just stopping in to say, WOW Ribs, what a good looking fellow you are.  Now tell us all how you so professionally photoshopped yourself into that picture beside the gorgeous anchor woman.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

C-R

+1 Tramps.

Ribs you sly fox you.

Got a nice 6.2 in at lunch. Wow the temps are so comfy compared to winter. I can get used to this.

Have a wonderful day.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

No run today, but lots of walking at the expo!!  AAmos - when you get in tomorrow try to get over to the Old South Church at the Finish Line.  They are giving away the scarves to runners that were made and donated by people all over the country - very cool!!

Kept my tradition -- saw MaineRunnah at the expo where he was giving out bib numbers!!

Running the BAA 5k in the morning so off to bed I go -- nice easy 5k planned for me with some of my MVS friends - not race pace!!

Great pic Ribs!!

Thanks Tramps!!

You are doing a great job on your race Posai - what an undertaking!!

denise

The title of these dailies sounds like one for some cheap alien invasion movie:  The Saturday before THEY came!!!

Spareribs very cool!  Remember to post the youtube link when it is available!

No run for me today.  Yesterday I picked up my DW who is spending the weekend with me!  She ran along the Colorado river this morning.  Tomorrow it is my turn.  Probably hers as well.  It is a big river we can probably both run along it at the same time.    Best part of the trip so far (other than my DW's arrival):  lunch at Stiles Switch BBQ!  Man the barbecue in Texas is just awesome!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/