Masters Running

February Boomer-Masters Miles (Read 766 times)

Thanks Wildchild! PR for mileage this month - and it's a short month AND I had a few days off at the beginning after pulling a muscle in my shin. February miles 161, a PR! Upcoming HM in March, for which my training indicates I do not have any excuse not to PR on it, unless I do something really stupid. I think I'm in tune with all my weak spots now, and back off the pace accordingly when I feel those twinges. I've been lucky.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

285.7 mi. for Feb. 572.2 YTD 10 mile PR of 1:11:01 during first half of 20 mile race which was also a PR in 2:22:35. Things are going well, looking to attempt a BQ April 5th (Eisenhower Marathon, Abilene,KS) Thanks for the great work wildchild! P.S. That picture looks awfully familiar to me. . . where did you take it?
      Dave
      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
      --- Clarence DeMar
        I was feeling pretty good about myself until I saw some of your mileage. Oh, heck, I still feel good about myself. February is a new PR for me with 42.3 miles. March will be more miles as I'm slowly increasing my miles per week. Keeping below the 10% guideline. I'll also be adding some bicycling. Wildchild - I love the picture. I want to hike there. Where is it?
        Have you got a flag?
          OK, I'll play, if only to make some of my fellow newbie/low-mileage folks feel like they can join in, too. Ran 43.6 and walked 14.3 for a monthly total of 57.9. That's 6 miles more than last February and 57.9 more than Feb, 2006. Wink YTD is 96.4 running and 22.9 walking for a total of 119.3. Have run at least 3x/week every week since the beginning of November which represents a new level of consistency for me as well as a bit of a miracle given my current schedule. Hoped to add a 4th day last week, but life and not feeling well interrupted that. Did start to add weight training this week with two sessions in so far. Have been adjusting to custom orthotics the past few weeks. Plan to run in them for the first time next Wednesday, my 2-year "runniversary." Hoping to get mileage consistently above 50 miles/month (not counting walking) starting in March. February's big victory was my first no-walk-break 5-miler. Thanks, Wild, for doing this. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Manchild

Thank you wild one.... February brought 113.8 miles of bliss to me and my total thus far for 2008 is 226.4 miles. I had a recurring back problem for most of the month and surprisingly this did effect my running ability in terms of posture and comfort. March will supply longer runs, 13-18 miles as I prepare for the Vermont Marathon on May 25th. Chris
            stumpy77

Trails are hard!

For me in February: 39.5 miles running For me and Max: 13.5 walking the lake Several weeks of intermittent shin splits due, I think, to 2 weeks at the end of January that I wasn't able to walk with Max due to travel and weather. new shoes and consistent walking will continue my improvement. one of these months I'll hit 50 miles. the 1000K pace bunny is sort of leaving me in the dust, but hope to get closer. Eliz--I'm more than willing to keep pepole company down at this end of the distribution. Smile Kevin PS thanks for compiling, WC.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Prince of Fatness

Feb: 149.7 miles YTD: 302.6 miles Good month for me. Worked my weekly mileage up to 40, and got a 10K PR, 45:20. Thanks.

Not at it at all. 

Top 'O the World!

78.7 miles running 35.36 miles walking......a bit better than January & .looking fwd to more Spring-like weather for March!!
                  Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Hill Runner

Thanks Wildie... 155.6 miles for February 308.7 miles YTD

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

111 (with 39 in the last 3 days)
                      BTY

Hi All. I have been away from RA for a while. I spent a week in Charlotte NC. Today we are having our 3rd snowstorm since I returned to Albany 6 days ago. Roll eyes Anyway, after biking to work all last summer, I have not been able to put together a good month of running. I have been averaging 54 miles per month, and managed 52 in February, which if it were 30 days would have been about 56 miles instead. So I'm hanging on, hoping that March brings a string of good runs, and I can put something in triple digits up on here. bty

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

arigatou wc. Like some others but in opposite land, I was feeling pretty good about being the February minimalist (unless divechief ended up stuck on the elliptical all month again) but never imaged my miles would duodecatuple Roch’s precious mile. Maybe Rindi and Starr were able to stifle enough to keep us company in the minimalist sub-30mile club. tetsujin - February 2008 1. running . . . a. Feb - 13.2 miles (includes breaking winter taper for ten mariposai maraton miles) . . . b. YTD - 16.4 miles ===== -<sealed>- =============== 2. x-training . . . a. swim - one hour guest pass laps at YMCA . . . b. bike - three hours in 33 Chilly Hilly cycling miles . . . c. walking - four one-hour waterfront walks (includes first blister since 1997) . . . d. hot tub - same as tammyBig grin ps - lucky alpine lupine traveler to the beautiful Nihon cherry blossom season reminds me of favorite morning runs under thousands of pink-blossomed cherry trees in Tokyo and evening hana-mi (cherry blossom viewing) parties under the influence of warm sake and cold beer in local parks. ganbare. </sealed>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Thanks for braking your taper for me my Dear Taper boy. February left me with 139 miles...not a PR month, but a great month nonetheless running in two different continents and two different weather pattern. I am looking forward to March, which should be a build up month, followed by an April taper month.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Cashmason

100 miles running for me in Feb.
                                Thanks so much for doing this, Wildchild!! Feb: 134.3 miles YTD: 300.4 miles I am getting stronger and healthier every day. John