Masters Running

Question for Twocat (Read 138 times)

Or anybody else who can answer . . . I didn't want to hijack the thread about where Boston runners' spouses go. You indicate you use a product called "Enlyten." Can you tell me a little bit more about this? I found their web site, but it's not very helpful. Thanks.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Enlytens are electrolyte strips. They come in little cartridges that you carry while running. You pull them out and tuck them up between your gum and cheek. If you cramp up during long runs these may be the solution. At least I found that they work quite well. I used to get terrible calf cramps during marathons. No more! It takes some practice to get the hang of pulling them out so make sure you try them out a few times during training. Since each has a pretty small dose you can keep taking them as you feel necessary without any real risk. I generally start races with two (one in each cheek) and then use two or three at a time every few miles. I introduced two of my racing friends to them and now both use them regularly.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Thanks for the quick reply!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance