Masters Running

JANUARY Plank Challenge 12/31 - 1/6 (Read 472 times)

C-R

I'm in but started today. 60 sec for each.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

pfriese

I'm in but started today. 60 sec for each.

Same here, just started today with 60 sec plank.

Paul

TammyinGP

yeah, it "officially" starts today, but gave the option of a day early start just because it was the start of the week.

I'm glad to see many of you doing this challenge! and especially happy to see Tribee join us!  I'll be doing my planks as soon as I am done on the 'puter.

Tammy

camille2

I'm in since I really need core work. Did 90 seconds total-front and sides, but it was tough.

I did the ab coaster at the gym earlier in the day.  It's tough, too.

janie b good

i'm in.  i frequently do forward facing planks in my yoga classes.

60 second forward facing plank done today!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Mariposai

Count me in!

Fist day done!

Hi everyone Big grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I'm in for the plank challenge...no run today due to a pretty bad chest cold, but at least I can do a plank! - I did a few since I had nothing else to do.

lamerunner

Three minutes here, one front and one each side. Also 100 crunches.

The above is my daily goal, and I should increase the planks...

Happy New Year and ho ho ho.

Mike E

MM #5615

Yep--I got mine done this morning.  Then my DD showed me how to do a side plank...and then how she likes to raise her knee to her elbow while doing a side plank...ummm...lets not do that one...

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, I'm in, though of course I'm a day late.  Life is never dull!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

coastwalker

So far, so good here: 60 second planks on 12/31, 1/1, and 1/2.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Oops, just found this thread so I guess I missed it... Black eye

Marathon Maniac #957

Oops, just found this thread so I guess I missed it... Black eye

Quick - do three 60-second planks and we'll count you in....Smile

One 60-second forward plank for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Quick - do three 60-second planks and we'll count you in....Smile

OK, did 6x 30 seconds forward facing, hope that's good enough!

OK - To make up for yesterday and today, I did 60 seconds forward, 30 secs each side plank.

Then I realized this started on the 31st, so I did another 60 secs forward.  And since the pressure of being on my toes bothers my left foot, I crossed the left over the back of the right leg thereby having 1 foot and 2 arms on the floor for the second 60 secs.   . . . . everything's a tad shaky at the moment! Smile  But it also tells me I've been wimping out on the planks I've been doing for the past couple of months. Black eye

PS - Had to do these on the floor in my office at work. Joking

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance