Masters Running

JANUARY Plank Challenge 12/31 - 1/6 (Read 472 times)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Leslie, I was on the floor too, on my wooden kitchen floor, because if I went upstairs to get a yoga mat, I'd get distracted on the trip up, stop and do some laundry... much like the mouse with the cookie... and never get the planks done. But my point is that my right forearm hurt, about an inch or two above the wrist that I had sprained and broken a couple months ago. I probably shouldn't even do the side planks then. But something is better than nothing. Maybe I'll do two or three more sets of 30 seconds, just to make up for that. Nah. Wink

OM - Suck it up and do them on one arm!!  Big grin

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jeffdonahue

I am in, though I missed yesterday, but I'll do the planks when I get home tonight.

Though now that I think about it I did do a few sets of pushups which may have added up to a minute in the plank position.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

OM - Suck it up and do them on one arm!!  Big grin

But then I'll be unbalanced! Well, more than I already am...

Mike E

MM #5615

Okay--I got mine done for the day.

Done. Maybe we should have before/after pictures of everyone's abs? Big grin

Got mine in too.

This could be scary . . . . .

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

janie b good

done!  ... seemed harder today than yesterday, and for a while, i actually started missing pushups.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

pfriese

60 seconds - done

No more marathons

Plank you very much - 3 days down.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Day 4:

2x 30 seconds front facing

1x 30 seconds left side

1x 30 seconds front facing

1x 30 seconds right side

2x 30 seconds front facing

Had to push my right hand and wrist down with my left hand toward the end of the right side plank because all my body weight was sinking only into my elbow and not the full forearm (typical of what happens with my wonky right shoulder). Hopefully as I do this more, I won't need the remedial assistance.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Must need some new eyeglasses as I am just seeing this challenge now.  I suppose January 3 isn't too late to start especially if I go until February 3? I cannot plank....yet. It will be a fun new challenge.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

a little behind on my start--60 seconds last night with much quivering involved.Smile

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh no no no no.  Besides, I doubt mine will look visibly different, as they are hiding under a nice layer of jiggle.  BTW, I had to modify my planks by putting my knees down.  I could only hold 40 seconds in the true plank position, but could do 60 modified.  I know there was discussion of doing a different challenge every month, so if planks come back around, I'll try true planks then.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.