Masters Running

JANUARY Plank Challenge 12/31 - 1/6 (Read 472 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Another plank in the books.

Marathon Maniac #957

30 seconds on each side, with one 30-second forward plank.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

pfriese

3jan13 plank done

If some of you feel you need a bit of a challenge and have a stability ball, try doing your planks on the ball.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

coastwalker

If some of you feel you need a bit of a challenge and have a stability ball, try doing your planks on the ball.

And do the alphabet at the same time? Right....

60 sec. yesterday, and today I did 30 sec. on each side, and 60 sec. front. Yipee!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

4x 30 seconds forward facing 
              1x 30 seconds left 
              1x 30 seconds right 
              1x 30 seconds forward facing

Using the advice I gave Janie, I played with shifting my weight a bit in all the positions, and it felt better today for me as well. Seems that 3:30 is the proper total amount right now. My abs are sore when I laugh, good stuff!

Singer who runs a smidge

Agreed, I found last night that belly laughing is DIFFICULT now!!  And since I'm quite prone to laughing, I'm hoping my abs recover soon!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

C-R

So I'm doing 2x60 front and both sides. DS2 comes in and says, "I thought you were doing planks. Can I do them with you?" He then proceeds to hold his front plank for the rest of my workout.

I was both happy and sad.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TammyinGP

did my planks this morning.

45 sec forward

20 sec on each side.

I've usually been doing an a.m. session as well as a p.m. session.

could hold the plank longer, but am remembering that each week we'll add another 30 seconds, so don't want to do too much now or i'm afraid i might not be able to hold up my end of the challenge by the time we get to the end of the month. Wink

Tammy

TammyinGP

So I'm doing 2x60 front and both sides. DS2 comes in and says, "I thought you were doing planks. Can I do them with you?" He then proceeds to hold his front plank for the rest of my workout.

I was both happy and sad.

lol. kids have a way of humbling us quickly. challenge your son to hold his plank for 30 minutes Joking

Tammy

lol. kids have a way of humbling us quickly. challenge your son to hold his plank for 30 minutes Joking

Big grin

1 x 60 single leg forward

1 x 30 sec right

1 x 30 sec left

and I didn't try to even sing the ABC's . . . . .

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

janie b good

1 - 60 sec forward plank.  paid better attention to my form today, but my cat kept sliding up between my arms and tickling my chin with her whiskers.  (thank you for the love, cat)

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

1 - 60 sec forward plank.  paid better attention to my form today, but my cat kept sliding up between my arms and tickling my chin with her whiskers.  (thank you for the love, cat)

That's called distraction plank, another advanced option. Wink

Got my planks in today before my 7 miler.

Marathon Maniac #957

60 second forward plank

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."