Masters Running

Evan's Boston Race Report... a redemption run? (Read 563 times)

dg.

Erika,    Woohoo!!!!    Big grin.    This is just great.  Of course we remember last year, & your comeback.... (btw.   your RVM report is one of several that I didn't get to last year in my post baby marathon melt down.  I read it several times of course but kept putting off replying. I'm sorry!)      Virtually watching your foot get to the point where you FINALLY (saying that as one who knows what that takes) backed off of it entirely.. & your patient (eek) and determined & crazy cross training... then your well executed plan between returning to running & Boston...    Well.   I'll just say that you SO deserved this & it just makes me smile all over.   Loved your report.   So happy you had a great time on top of a great race.    Yippee!!!       ok one more Big grin.
      Congratulations on a great run!  Maybe you should take a limo to all your races?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Renee the dog

Congratulations!!!!  That's an amazing accomplishment.

So many nuggets of wisdom in your report, but I guess adding a bunch of pre-race stress -- stealing oatmeal, being homeless for a night, booking a "home" in a bad part of town  (where limo service is provided!) -- are key to a breakout  race! LOL

Seriously, thanks for taking us along on your race -- the whole read was simply wonderful!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Great race, evan.  You sure had a redemption run after last years Boston and months of fighting injuries.  Meeting so many friends was special.  Beating your pace band big time was fantastic.  Congratulations.

TomS

#artbydmcbride

Wow, you are such an inspiration...fast, fun, gorgeous!   I want to be more like you!  Smile

Runners run

jtv

Erika,

Belated congrats on the fantastic finish at Boston.  Way to get back at the course for last year!