Masters Running

Stevie Ray and The Adventures of Horse Poop, Turkeys, and Tobias (Read 273 times)

xor

George Costanza had "the summer of George". So far, I've had the winter of Tobias. That's my dog. Here is a recap of my races and real-life fun during January. It may surprise you to learn... or you may not, in fact, care at all... that I ran absolutely no marathons during January. I did, however: 1. Run a ridiculously challenging 10 mile technical trail run at night (RA Franc in the Masters' group ran the full 50k) through horse poop. 2. Run a half marathon through fog where I either did or did not see domesticated wild turkeys. 3. Run a two lap "race" (more of a jog) around a lake without ever actually seeing the lake. 4. Keep my dog from eating progressively larger fabric covered items. He has successfully eaten bits of towels, t-shirts, and blankets in the past. He once ate a six foot leash. He ate part of his post-surgery cone. But it could have been worse! Ok then.

Queen of 3rd Place

Horsepoop - now there's an amenity you don't see at every race!

Ex runner

King of PhotoShop

I ain't clickin' on no other links Rick. But I will thank you for the pic of the poor dog. Glad to see the progress. Spareribs
          Frank, also a hound, feels that he would like to connect with your dog. He too enjoys ingesting different items for fun and games.
          Masters 2000 miles
          xor

No prob. But who's Rick?

King of PhotoShop

Barefoot Rick generally posts a link to his RR's rather than the report itself. I was needling you. Spareribs
                Hee hee hee. Great recap. Ah, Tobias! How is the little self-fabric-ated (get it?) garbage disposal?

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Amazing how such a small dog can get into so much mischief. Thanks for the picture of Tobias, he is a cutie and looks to be recovering well. Is January a non-running record for you? Wink
                  xor

Barefoot Rick generally posts a link to his RR's rather than the report itself. I was needling you. Spareribs
                    Well, there are really good reasons to do it this way. Much easier to keep track of one report rather than a bunch of replicated reports on multiple sites. And waaaaaay easier to find two years later.

Head Procrastinator

Healing hugs to that sweet Tobias. Maybe he needs a rope toy to gnaw on?
                      ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

Marathon Maniac #957

Robert - glad Tobias is healing well. He is quite the cutie! That "Squishing Through Horse Poop in the Dark" race wouldn't appeal to me at all. Okay, maybe in the summer, but horse poop and treacherous trails in the dark are bad enough, but add cold and rain - nope, not for a minute.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

You always lead a very interesting life! {{happy vibes>> Tobias <happy vibes}}>

Runners run

xor

You always lead a very interesting life! {{happy vibes>> Tobias
                            Nah, I just run very interesting races. The rest of my life (except for the health issues) is quite boring, I assure you.