Masters Running

Saturday meeting of the Bioguy Fan Club 11/20/21 (Read 39 times)

SteveP

Go man go!

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks Steve!  As I was watching Bio’s little blue dot around 2 miles, I thought, “Hey!  Let’s dedicate the daily to Bio!”  And I quickly came in here to do it… but you came in here quicklier… more quickly… whatever… you beat me to it.  This will be fun!

SteveP

Thanks Steve!  As I was watching Bio’s little blue dot around 2 miles, I thought, “Hey!  Let’s dedicate the daily to Bio!”  And I quickly came in here to do it… but you came in here quicklier… more quickly… whatever… you beat me to it.  This will be fun!

Only 45 miles to go!

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

I was watching his dot as I was sitting down for breakfast. 
          Debbie: “What are you doing?”

Me: “I’m watching a friend run a 50 mile race.”

Debbie:  “Why?”

Debbie just doesn’t get it… poor Debbie…

Mike E

MM #5615

If anybody else is watching… does it look like he is off course just before mile 5?

Marathon Maniac #957

"Quicklier"  I love it! Let's add that one the to RA dictionary....

Bio - don't get stuck in a roundabout...

May be an image of text that says 'BLONDIE ROUNDABOUT Or Another I'm gonna Way o One find ya I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha'

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly, lol

go Bioguy!!

24 EZ minutes on the rooftop jogging path. It sounds swanky but is sorta grungy. Not complaining! It’s great to be outside instead of in some stuffy fitness room.

Dave59

5.23 miles for me this morning.

Now I am "at" work, but I have downloaded the Race Joy app so I can watch the blue dot named Joe on my phone.

SteveP

12 down...

Let me do the math here........

carry the seven......

....wait..... let's start over.........

divided by eleventeen.....then carry the two....

Help me out here will ya?

SteveP

Dave59

The first 12+ miles of the JFK are on the Appalachian Trail but then most the rest of the course is smooth and flat. (If my memory is correct from when I went there to watch years ago.)  So Joe should be able to make up time and still finish in 12 hours.  Used to be that you had to beat 12 hours to get a belt buckle but my knowledge is pretty old.

Never mind....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Bio is doing great.

Right on pace for the daunting 13-hour cutoff,

especially without early start that I needed

as mine always took a little over 14 hours.

note: 13 hours = 7:30pm EST

One of my vivid memories from those days (1963) was JFK's 50-mile march challenge to the military that was then were picked up by the fitness populace of the day but it seemed to impossible that might as well have been asking us regular people to go to the moon too.

. . . you came in here quicklier… more quickly… whatever… you beat me to it.  This will be funs

Steve - nice going. I think you are now the only one of us who's been quicklier than MikeE in anything.

ps - thanks for the screen shot too.

Let me do the math here........

carry the seven......

....wait..... let's start over.........

divided by eleventeen.....then carry the two....

Help me out here will ya?

Steve - it even gets' more interesting at mile 40, 45, 46. . . 49 trying to divide the remaining time by the number of miles left to figure out what pace is needed for each of the remaining miles to finish under 13 hours.

Thanks again.

Debbie:  “Why?” 

MikeE - too bad for all of us that "because it's there" has been used.  Maybe, "because I'm an idiot" but she/they already know that.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

Bio is doing great.

Right on pace for the daunting 13-hour cutoff,

You are correct. It is a 13 hour cutoff.  Told you it was many years ago I was there.  

Tramps

Go, bioguy, go!

Be safe. Be kind.

You've got this bioguy!  Run Forest  run!  Cocktails at 7:00ish? 

GO BIOGUY!!!

Rode 17 miles on the indoor setup this morning. It was mostly flat route but with two big climbs. Overall I rode at 101 watts and 125 average HR, but on the first climb I averaged 160 watts and my HR spiked at 150, which is pretty much my max. The climb was also a Strava segment and I placed 7/14 in the 75+ AG, which is an accomplishment for me since I'm a poor climber (built for endurance, not strength).

I just figured out that I actually like this virtual riding more than riding outdoors. To do a virtual ride takes me just a few minutes of prep -- mostly getting into cycling clothes -- then I go down to the basement, plug in the trainer, and select an interesting-looking ride of the desired length and difficulty from the 1500+ worldwide routes that are available on the Fulgaz app.

IRL, it takes me longer to get ready, including lowering my bike from the hoist in the garage, airing up the tires, then often putting the rack on the car and loading everything up. Then I have to drive somewhere out of the immediate local area to get to a less busy place where I can ride some boring route that I've done about 500 times before while dealing with heat, wind, and threats of rain.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"