Masters Running

December and 2015 Masters Miles (Read 52 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Time to post your December miles, and any PRs and AG awards!  Also your 2015 year end totals.

Awards given, late as usual, for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, and prime numbers.  Hope it was a good year for everyone, and even if it wasn't your best, I hope next year is better!

Not a trail running picture, but this is the sunset tonight from the dock at the place we're staying in Isla Mujeres, Mexico.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM #7877

December - 200 Miles running.

2015 - 2,420 miles running.

10 Marathons & 7 Half-Marathons.

Started out the year with a solid base. My first marathon was Myrtle Beach, and I got my 5th fastest marathon there.  The next marathon was just for fun, but the next 2 were ran well. At Pittsburgh, I noticed some chest discomfort. I began a couple tests, but none conclusively discovered why I began having discomfort on nearly every run about 15 minutes into the run. Just as quick as the problem came, it seemed to disappear. I ran Hatfield McCoy easy, and enjoyed it.

The 5K season began, and I knocked out my fastest 5K since my teens. WOW! I was pumped. The elation was short-lived. Over the July 4th weekend, I tore my right hamstring in a 5K which took its toll on my training. I entered the fall marathon season not in the best of shape. My marathon times slipped by about 12-15 minutes per race.  I was hoping for a fast time at Ridge to Bridge, but instead, this I again became injured in this downhill marathon. I struggled at Madison, and had to cancel plans to run Philadelphia.  I spent the last 8 weeks jogging slowly just to get in the miles.  However, in the last week, there has been progress on my injury.

2016 starts off with a bang, Disney Marathon next week.  Given my latest recovery efforts since Ridge & Madison, I just hope to finish the Disney Marathon and dont care about the time. I dont want any more setbacks. Hoping to train for 4 or 5 Spring Marathon after Disney.

Philippians 4:13.

evanflein

December was 176.3, exactly 20 miles more than November but short of the 200 mile "goal" I'd set for myself earlier this year. But, I had enough months well over 200 miles that my total for the year was 2,487.1 and yes, I resisted any "urge" to go run another 12.9 to make it 2,500. This was a PR year for me mileage-wise, and I ran three marathons within 4 weeks in September/October, with the last two being strong BQ-30 times. I'm not doing Boston again, but it's fun to know I could. Smile  Only gained one state (WV) this year so my goals for 2016 are for more states and at least 2,400 miles again.

Marathon Maniac #957

First year in a few that I have not made 2000 miles, but I had time off twice for dental surgery/implants.  Still, not too bad, considering.

December: 176.5 miles

2015: 1728.7 miles

3 marathons, 1 50K

3 new states collected:  MI, WV, and IN

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BlazinCajun

Well - 2015 was a good year

December miles: 160.2

Year 2015 miles: 2,324.6

Daughter's let me run with them for over 300 of their running miles

Races:

1-3k, 2nd overall, 1st in age group

2-10k, 1st overall, and 2nd overall and first in age group

1-13.1 mile, 51st overall and 4th in age group, first race in 3 years

1-26.2 mile, 62nd overall and 3rd in age group, Boston qualifier

Andrew
            ------------------
            God, my Lord, is my strength;
            he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
            and enables me to go upon the heights.
            Hb 3:19

spacityrunner

Dec. 68.3

Trails Rock!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

DEC-----102
                2015-----1593.2

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

bhearn

Time to post your December miles, and any PRs and AG awards!  Also your 2015 year end totals.

I'm not a regular here, but I'll post my year-end summary anyway, hope y'all don't mind.

2015 was probably my best running year yet.

Started it off setting a big CR at my first 24-hour over New Year's 2014/2015, 139.5 miles. Alas, not quite enough to make the US 24-hour team (needed 145).

100M trail PR, 18:31, at Umstead.

Training focus for most of the year was Spartathlon 153M. I ran 29:35, top American male. My dream race was sub-30.

First sub-7 50M, 6:55 at Autumn Leaves.

Capped the year off well with a 149-mile 24-hour at Desert Solstice, new American Record for 50+. But... likely not good enough to make the US 24-hour team for 2017 (there is no 2016, as Worlds have gone to every other year). Crossing my fingers. Also set new 12-hour (76 miles) and 100M (15:55) PRs in splits.

Probably my worst year ever for marathons, as ultras fully took over. 3:10 at Boston was my best. Fortunately I still have December 2014's 2:59 to seed me in a decent corral at Boston 2016. But I'll need a good one sometime for 2017...

Struggled with Achilles issues throughout the year, which impacted training, but was never directly an issue in any race. Right after Desert Solstice I had an Achilles procedure done (Tenex), which will keep me in a boot for 6 weeks. Which is fine; I was due for a lot of time off. Hoping this addresses my issues.

Finished with 2,600 miles for the year, 250 for December.

evanflein

bhearn! What an awesome year you had! Wish we had a "like" button... Good to "see" you!

spacityrunner

Finished with 2,600 miles for the year, 250 for December.

Dang!

Trails Rock!

Henrun

For December-80.8 miles

For 2015-800 miles

Best mileage in the last couple of years.

Also ran about one race per month, mostly 5K's- placed well in most of them- hat's what happens if you're still running and racing once you turn 80- there's a sharp decline in the competition.

SubDood

Dec: 246.0 miles

2015: 2774.6 miles (Annual Mileage PR)

Total miles logged on RA went over 10,000 in December.

Best running year for me so far. In February, I cross-country skied a 55 km race (the American Birkebeiner), a goal I’ve had since high school. Although skiing isn't running, I think training for it over the winter possibly set the ground work for a solid year of running (and avoiding injuries). I joined HermosaBoy’s new running club in the spring and wore the “Northstar Running” team singlet to new PRs in the 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, and Full Marathon. I won the Grandmaster division of the Afton Trail 25K, with a dramatic sprint finish with the 2nd place guy. I got to do a cool-down run with MikeE after the City of Lakes Half Marathon – very cool to run into Mike at a local race! To cap off the year, the son of my best friend from high school ran at the Nike NXN (HS National Championship XC race in Oregon), and he was the number 2 runner on a team that finished 7th in the nation.

2016 has big shoes to fill.

pfriese

Thanks Carolyn.

Another good year of running, biking, & swimming. Believe it or not, this is the first year I've not run a marathon since my first in 2005!

Highlights of the year were finishing another Ironman 70.3, completing a century ride on my birthday, and several AG medals in running races. Only disappointment, I wanted to complete an Ironman 140.6. Training went well but the Colorado altitude got to me (swimming) and I didn't even start.

2015 Mileage Summary:

Run - 1180.4 miles
                            Bike - 1908.3 miles
                            Swim - 125.9 miles

December - 130.9 miles

Paul

157 for the month and 1500 for the year.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

100 miles for Dec

1009 miles for 2015

Thanks wild,

TomS