Masters Running

Tuesday, February 19 daily thread (Read 42 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Congratulations, Grammy x3.  and to the proud parents and brothers, too.  Mommy might feel a little lonely with all the guys around.Wink

5.2 miles this morning, at a for me frisky pace (9:20).  Still having to use the road the whole way around the lake, but the 40°+ today may make things a little clearer tomorrow.

We're re-scheduling our trip to Rochester this weekend.  I'll try to get in a few miles in while we're there.  I can get out along Lake Ontario for a bit of scenery.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

Grandma reporting in. Baby Nicholas was born at 3:15 this afternoon. 8 pounds, 21 inches long. Mom and baby (and big brothers Will and Ben) are all doing well Smile Got some great pics and will look for some help to post them tomorrow. We are blessed!!

So glad to hear the happy news, Jeanne!   I can help you post the pictures - I'm messaging you with my email!

I sent Amy a message on FB that her fan club here at RA is missing her - hopefully she'll check in!

Starr - greta picture from Omaha!  I recognize quite a few of those people but could you please identify them for us?

I ran 7 trail miles at lunchtime, 9:36 avg pace.  40 degrees and sunny -  really nice day.

Work is really slow, and I was asked to switch to part time till things pick up...   on the plus side, I'd like a little more time off, and I still get medical benefits,  but the pay cut and job worries aren't so promising.   I'm sending my resume to several competitors.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

This whole Amy thing reminds me of the M.A.S.H. episode where they created a fictitious caractor--Captain Tuttle.  He was such a kind and generous man.  By the end of the show everybody thought they actually knew him.  Are you all sure she really exists?  Cause I'm not so sure...

Oh, congratulations Jlynne!

No running for me today, just trying to stay warm from the house to the car to work and back.

One more picture of Amy at our little party the night before Omaha in 2005, the first official CR meeting.

Here's a group shot from the pasta feed.  Amy was missing from this picture because she went to mass.

Front row: Riblet, MrsRibs, littlerockjim, Vicki

Back row: Rocket Scientist & RoseColoredGlasses (Beuhrle), Chipster, TomD, Econo, Spareribs, StarrRuns

Dave S, tselbs' brother, was there too but missed the photo op.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Slow again. (Marj says I'm walking faster than I run).

I'm sure that doesn't apply to me but, for some reason, all the regular walkers (not just the jay walkers) are harder and harder to keep up with even though I still think I'm running.

I waaaaannnnnnnna picture with amy.

come to the Light-at-the-end-of-the-Tunnel RAuion this summer.

ARe you going to let ExtraBones do a 50K before you do?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Grandma reporting in. Baby Nicholas was born at 3:15 this afternoon. 8 pounds, 21 inches long. Mom and baby (and big brothers Will and Ben) are all doing well Smile Got some great pics and will look for some help to post them tomorrow. We are blessed!!

Congrats Grandma!!!!! Welcome baby Nicholas to this wonderful world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

arf

MM #405

This whole Amy thing reminds me of the M.A.S.H. episode where they created a fictitious caractor--Captain Tuttle.  He was such a kind and generous man.  By the end of the show everybody thought they actually knew him.  Are you all sure she really exists?  Cause I'm not so sure...

Mike you are hilarious!!

Congrats granny Jlynne!   That's great news !!

Starr - I remember when Amy had the long hair!  That was so long ago!  Excellent pics!

Holly - You guys look so awesome in the Boston photo at the Trials.   Seeing PDR and WRFB brought back some  crazy funny memories!             Remember when Darkhorse visited them and posted that pic of them standing at the front door, and someone said "wow Darkhorse you are tall"    And he said "No ....they are hobbitsBig grin

Ribs - My prediction is: IF you are feeling healthy and have no pain..I think breaking 5 hours is not unrealistic.  Which year was it that you and I met at Boston?  I remember you were injured but ran it anyways.

5 mile run + 1 hour cycle

night all,

arf

a

Marathon Maniac #957

Hello Baby Nicholas!

Starr - I love the photos - thanks for posting. I think 2005 was when I started posting at CR.

Ribs - what's your normal MP on a hilly route?  I would add 5 miles at that pace and then 10 minutes.  That's my completely uneducated guess.

Mariposai - are you feeling better?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."