Masters Running

Saturday July 3rd Runs to kickoff the holiday weekend (Read 372 times)

10 easy paced miles this beautiful morning, it is really heating up now though

Nice weekend for lots of baseball 

Raised the flag at the crack of dawn today & will again Sunday & Monday.  My private little ceremony  

Have a wonderful fun & safe weekend!!! 

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Renee the dog

Mornin' Sarge!  No run for me today, but I did get 3 miles in with 2 1/2 mi intervals last night on the beach in the surf.  Leg held up.   Now to amass some miles during July...

Hope everyone has a great weekend of running and relaxing planned.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Nono I'm looking at rehoboth Beach seaside Marathon on December 11th.  I see that's across the bay from you & I was wondering what the odds of snow were?

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Renee the dog

Nono I'm looking at rehoboth Beach seaside Marathon on December 11th.  I see that's across the bay from you & I was wondering what the odds of snow were?

Rare. But, the first year they did it in Nov., they did have a small dusting overnight.  And last year, we had snow 1 mile inland on Dec. 19, with rain along the coast.  We've also had several years where we've been in shorts for "streetwear," not just running, in Dec.  Yep, a total crapshoot! 

BTW, I LOVE that course!  (It was my first full, so naturally I'm biased). 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

10 easy-paced miles for me on the TM with occasional breaks to deal with the princesses.  After feeding them breakfast of pancakes, bacon and eggs, they are slowly diminishing as their moms come to get them one by one.  (Whew!)

Starting house-cleaning in earnest now.  We're having two other families over for dinner tonight, after which we will go to the Cityfest Music Festival downtown Dayton, and stay to watch the fireworks on the river.

Enjoy the day!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...private ceremonies are the best Sarge//.......I've had my Yellow Ribbon up at the store since 2002

...up to Fort Campbell after work today..........101st Airborne can put on a GREAT display of blowing stuff up...

======

.......SIL said I can poorun in her pool...........she's mellowing with age apparently.

N0T

.....................good running guys........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Good Morning folks---nice running and glad to hear the leg is holding up Nono

Holly--sounds like the party was a success and you rock as a birthday planner (you rock as a mother too). HBD to your DD and have fun tonight.

9.5 miles for me including a 4 mile race in 26:36--2nd woman overall and 1st in the 40-49 age group. PR too...with a kick---first mile in 6:45 and then held it steady up a steep hill and pushed hard after mile 3. This is the last shorter distance race for awhile as the mileage goes back up. It's been fun getting my racing legs back.

We're going to head to Brattleboro in a bit (just 30 miles north) for some canoeing and then a 4th of July BBQ with friends who live up there.

Glorious day here and not a cloud in the sky

Hi TW! 

Nice running, Karin (and Sarge and Holly and others). Sounds like you have a good weekend planned.

6.2 this am, easy.   Walt

Yeah, Holly survived the party just in time to host more guests at her house.  Where do you get that kind of stamina from girl?

CNYrunner, another PR!!  That is several this season right?  And you never get hurt apart from road rash.  Must be the high mileage making you indestructable.

I ran 4 last night.  I didn't have to stop.  My lower back was nice and loose but I do develop an ache in my butt after about 2.5 miles.  It doesn't really get worse so I don't know what to do about it.

Might try an easy 3 today.

3rd of July party tonight at our Canadian friend's new condo.  Should be a mixture of nationalities there.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Wow...I actually ran easy today...no pushing the go faster button...has a nice recovery 5 miler.  Tomorrow I'm going to bump my lsr up to 16-17.  We shall see how that goes.  Yes, I'm still running on treadmills.  

Take care. 

Karl

Sarge,

Yes it is a great day for baseball! I am headed to Detroit in a few hours myself to see the Tigers and Mariners.Hot day at the ol ball park.

Gordon,

Glad to see you posting again. Comebacks are hard especially for someone as talented as you. It's hard to hold back knowing what you are capable of. Go slow thats my mantra on my build up after being off nearly 4 months. Good luck to you.

Erika,

Ok a PR is a PR! That was good for a 1 mile race for petes sake. If you take to much off all at once it will be your last PR at that distance. This way next year you can shave a few more seconds off and over the next 10 years you will not only have PRd every year but get it down to a great time.  Just kidding but I do think you did great considering you are more of a distance runner than a sprinter.

4 miles for me this morning I am going to call a tempo run I guess. Overall  8:45 pace splits were 9:24, 8:46, 8:18, AND 8:22 . This is about as sproinky as I get right now I'm afaraid. The good news is I am finally feeling good at a little faster pace. I am not ready for any real speed type work yet  but I would like to try a few 5ks over the summer if I think I could manage a decent time.

Everyone run well,

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Way to go CNY!  A race PR and then more miles!  Whew!

And Holly, I thought I had energy, but you always amaze me. Supermom you are indeed.

I did my first long run in a while as it was only 72 out this morning.  Managed 5.1 hilly miles.  I could bore you with my ever so slow splits as I now have mastered my new Garmin - it is so much fun!, but I won't.   Afterwards a nice mile swim followed by a fun Zumba class. Now to wash the car.

Nothing special on tap for us today.  Can't get everyone together for BBQ.   It is our 39th anniversary I didn't plan anything and we don't get into celebrating that much. I'm just happy to let DH watch tv and be a couch potato while I exercise (check) and piddle around the yard and house.  We are so dull.

Happy 4th everyone!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

CNY continues to amaze!!  Smile

8 miles for me this morning - 10:47 pace and getting a bit humid/warm again.   That is the longest I've gone in quite some time.

Then home to spread 3 yards of mulch, my lower back is aching now.   Time for shower #2 now and take DD shopping

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Holly and CNY ... you two are Special.

A nice 12 miler this morning in the soup. Comfortable 9:11 overall pace.  Ran slow to start so as to not take my group out quicker than they wanted to. Then picked it up by myself the last 4 to 5 miles at MP pace. Feeling better.

6 or 7 of us are singing The Star Spangled Banner tomorrow morning at all three Church services. If I can manage it, I'd like to record it because it really should be epic.

DW went to Jax today to celebrate DS GF's college (and her sister from HS) graduation. I'd like to have gone but I had already promised the Music Director I'd sing on the 4th. With all the weekends I take out of town for races and other stuff, I didn't feel right bailing on it.

"Pre" is being broadcast on TV this afternoon.  Anyone else going to watch it?

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

#artbydmcbride

I raced a 5k today and got to see huskydon.  Smile

Runners run