Masters Running

Saturday August 7 Fun stuff .....and running too (Read 435 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I am just getting ready to go for a run, trying to wake up first!!   Every year our local town has a huge annual Coast Guard Festival and that has been going on all week.   Last night we went down to the beer tent, something we haven't done in years as we usually try to avoid all the crowds and traffic.   My brother-in-law got my daughter and I back stage passes for the Verve Pipe concert.   They put on such an awesome show and all I had was my camera to take pictures!    Here is DD and I:

Now off to run off a couple of beers.   Then back down for the parade and craft show.  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Morning Mary. Sounds like you had fun last night.

10.5 hilly miles early this AM, lovin' the low-60's temp.

Busy day ahead....must get going.

Walt

Life has been getting in the way the last few days. Between work , looking for a part for my truck and then fixing it and my DW social schedule she has us on its been tough getting in my runs.

4.6 miles this morning early then off to the Farmers Market and then a wedding this afternoon. Tomorrows long run will depend on how good the reception is tonight I suppose. I plan on behaving myself so as not to screw up my schedule anymore than I already have but we all know how that usually turns out.

Have fun today Mary and everyone have great runs!

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good luck behaving yourself tonight Hallar!   That was my plan last night too, and it didn't work out to well for me either.  Big grin

Nice hilly run Walt!!

I got out for an enjoyable 7 mile, hopefully fat-burning, run at a steady 11 m/m pace.   Just took it easy peasy.  Tomorrow morning should be cool too and then we get  hit again with the humidity.  

Have a great day everyone!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

...same here hallar//.........it just does that........coming off my 72-Hour-Rule-FlareDown ''Plan-G''

............putting Pickles

on a Plane to Ireland after work today........

......then Batchin' It for 10days

what

could possibly go wrong??

............................greenway run/walk in Knoxville tonite and  tomorrow.......

.................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sounds like a awesome evening for you Mary

tomwhite good luck Batchin and you behave yourself! 

6.2 easy miles w/DW in 1:01 afterwards I noticed that I barely broke a sweat  Humidity is finially down

Have a Great Weekend!!!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Good morning everyone. Hope the weather is as nice for y'all as it is here this morning.

Great picture Mary. I had a hard time figuring who was the mother and who was the daughter! How's your hearing this morning? Usually after I go to a concert it takes a day for the "ear ringing" to go away.

Whatcha working on these days Walt? Pictures of works in progress please?  Last week we looked at a home built in 1920 that had been totally refurbished. Awesome. 9" trim, beautiful built in china cabinets, French doors separating the dining and living rooms. I thought about how much fun you might have refurbishing a home like that.

Have fun tonight Hallar. Watch those cocktails if you plan on doing a long run tomorrow. They always seem like a good idea until you put those shoes on and head out for a 10 miler.

Tom will be a bachelor for 10 days? How cool that Pickles gets to go to Ireland. Is this a "women only" trip? Can't imagine you not wanting to go along.

Nice run this morning Sarge. Isn't it great when the humidity goes back to normal?

6 miles for me this morning! Ran the river trail with my DS and Will in his running stroller. The time just flew by and DS kept a comfortable running pace for his dear old mother. Foot felt okay for the whole run. I'm encouraged by these new shoes and inserts.  Then I went to farmer's market for fresh corn on the cob, crimini mushrooms, fingerling potatoes and - BRUSSEL SPROUTS!!! First of the season!  Can't wait for dinner tonight.

Seize the day, everyone.

King of PhotoShop

Women stay indoors!  There's a tomcat on the prowl!

4.9 at around 9 minute pace, gives me 43.6 for the week.  Wish I could up that weekly average without getting fatigued.  Going to try it and see.  Spareribs

Women stay indoors!  There's a tomcat on the prowl!

Nuh-Uh.....

..them Tennessee Gals

would just as soon Shoot  You as look att'cha............

........jlynne//......yep, Ladies Only.......

....Memphis Aunts #1 and #3 who are Irish Ancenstry and have been several times

Memphis Aunt #1

has Dual Citizenship.........VERY COOL

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Finally something to report to keep Coach Posi off my back.  A fun 1:20 out exploring trails (yes I found some that are not overgrown) and garage sales (yes I did stop my watch at each one).  My best estimate for mileage is about 9M.  But since it was half trails I got out my little cardboard wheel Econo calculator trail miles converter, and so am reporting 33 miles equivalent.

Longest run in a while,

Craig 

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

lamerunner

Good afternoon.... busy week with a few college visits etc. then work. DD really liked Wesleyan, which is encouraging, if she can get in. She has mostly been talking about going to California so this is progress in our view.  I ran pretty much every day this past week, which my legs complained about a bit this morning, but I told them to be quiet. Lower back whining about all the driving this week mostly in Dh's car; mine is being repaired. Erika is right. Lots of swearing by various body parts.

This morning we were treated to dry cool air, in the 50s!!  I ran about 17 miles on the MAssabesic rail trail, with one water stop. What is this about getting extra credit for trails???

Good running everyone!

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Great photo, Mary! Looks like it was a lot of fun.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood here. I got out of the house early enough to make it to the 8:30am yoga class, then met my running partner in the park for a couple nice and relaxing miles. Total of 5.5 miles for me today. I seem to be easily racking up the mileage lately, and I'm rather surprised by that. Used to be I'd struggle to break 20 miles for the week, and now I'm finding myself in the mid-30s without even planning for it. Could it be something as simple as cleaning up my food intake? Hey, whatever it is, I'm grateful for all this new energy I've been having!

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Some of the muggieness went away today so I got in my longest run since Boston!

17 miles of the soft surface American Tobacco Trail. Setup my Gatoraid station at mile 8.5 and ran to 13 and back then to mile 4.5 and back. Felt great the whole way due to enough hydration!

2:49:45 (9:59 pace, AHR 147)  It was 71 at the start and 79° at the finish. Drank 7 pints and sweat 12 pints (I know, TMI). I'm just not designed for summer running.  ... ice cubes in the cap again and refilled at my aid stattion

http://www.triangletrails.org/ATT_map-6-<wbr>10_3-4.pdf

My DW had scratches all over the lenses of her favorite glasses.  Online we found alot of people having success removing the scratched anti-glare finish using Armour Etch ($14 for 10 oz, found at Michaels or any craft store). So that we wouldn't mess up the frame she had the eyeglasses place remove the lens and they of coarse said this will never work.  We applied the cream with a Q-tip and left it on for 5 min and washed it off. Repeated both side and violin! No scratches.  She can't wait to go back and have them put the lenses in the frames and rub it in a bit! Sure beats the cost of new lenses which we can't afford right now.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

We have blue sky today!  I was so stunned by the sight of sun, I just about fainted!  It showed up at the very end of our 18- mile trail run this a.m.  The rest of the run was a bit on the cool side with lots of low-lying fog hanging out in the redwood trees.  It was so think, it sounded like it was raining in the forest.

Speaking of trails -

18 leg killing trail miles this morning with Karen and Coach Bill.  Well, Coach did about 13.  He contemplated running the full 18, even though it wasn't on his schedule, but early in the run, he hit a root wrong and did decent little number on his ankle.  It was starting to bark at him when he decided to call it quits.

I wanted to call it quits around Mile 7.  My legs were like chunks of concrete all day.  It even got to where it was hard to go downhill - Horrors!   Oh well.  Some days you're the windshield, and some days you're the bug.  I was the  proverbial bug today.

Now I'm off to work on conference crap, then we're suppose to fillet an albacore when The Hub gets off work, then we're suppose to go to a BBQ.  Glad I got a chocolate milkshake to fortify  myself.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Ran a local 50K this morning , and finished just before the rain started. It is well documented by a couple of picture I was able to have taken with Tet!

At work now even if I wish I could go to sleep instead!

Happy Saturday!

Francesca