Masters Running

Thrilling thursday runs and not 5/20 (Read 771 times)

My legs are sore after a trail race last night, but will run our penultimate training run for the 5K today. It will be a good time for an easy day. I am putting the coffee on right now so whoever wants it speak up.

Jlynne- I have every confidence in you running your marathon. Enjoy the experience, that's the reason why it's on your bucket list.

Dave59- You're not a slacker, just smart enough not to run a marathon on 30 days training. Why did he develop knee problems? Hmmmm

Rochrunner-Congrats on your trial run. You should have a great time in your duathlon. Good luck!

Ok I need to get this posted so timwhite isn't confused or has to post multiple times. 

Dave59

Rest day for me.  Hoping for a mega-productive day at work so my weekend stays free!

(Tom - If you see this, are you racing anywhere this weekend?  Doing Bad Axe next weekend maybe?  I'm just looking for an excuse to get out of my neighborhood for a day.)

Renee the dog

Yep, it was a thrilling first run in a couple weeks!  Just 2 miles with Renee, but we clocked in at 17:01 (drat those cute poodles that slowed us down a bit!).

Felt really good out there, we'll go for a recovery mile tonight after it gets cooler.

House is listed...still more to do, but only in 3 hr shots over the next couple days.  The amount of upkeep on a coastal home is truly mind-boggling sometimes!  Well, maybe if I lowered my standards, it wouldn't be... hmmm.

Have a great day everyone!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Jlynne, you're going to do great.  It's always daunting to look ahead to one's first marathon.  Steady, even progress will get you there.  The body is an amazing thing.  It adapts as long as you don't do too much, too quickly.  I'll post in your other thread once I get some thoughts together.

This morning was the last really big workout before Bayshore.  The plan was for 16 miles total with the first 10 miles EZ, then miles 11 through 15 at 15K pace (7:50ish).

This was one of the better runs I've done in a while.  The legs wanted to pick it up.  I had to keep things slowed down for the first 10 miles.  Most of these were run between 8:50 and 9:05 pace.  Then the tempo miles came in at:

8:01, 8:03, 8:04, 7:59, and 7:56.  I thought I was going faster than that, as that's more HM pace than 15K pace.  But I'll take it for this time of year.  I tried to imagine I was running the last 10K of a marathon and tried to keep it strong.

16.1 miles at 8:50 pace overall.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Ok I need to get this posted so timwhite isn't confused or has to post multiple times. 

....thank you......

as I have proved on several occassions

(and once in a buggy)

I'm not that smart.

.........22 min trailrun......4/1ing but it counts........

...........heavy storms moving in tonite, so hopefully poolrunning tomorrow

..................good running guys....................Run Your Own Run.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slo

Very nice run Bill !

Craneium....I havn't got to your RR yet but it will be my next stop.

Good luck on the House nono. We close on our new house June 1st......we are starting to fill up boxes...and trash cans.

Good luck on the mega productive day Dave.....even if mine goes that way I'll still be working this weekend.

5.45 miles for me this morning. Nice and cool......the sun is coming up earlier and earlier.

Good morning everyone. Today is one of those absolutely beautiful mornings that you wish you could "box up" and save for December and January.  Clear blue skies, sun and no wind, 55°

Cranium - I like mine with a little milk please. Good luck with your 5K training run tonight. When are you done with school, and how is the decision process coming on your job situation?

Dave, work hard today so you can rest this weekend. That's what they're for, right?

Nono!!! Welcome back! I can't imagine keeping up one home with small children and a dog, much less two. Good luck with the home listing. We've got ours on the market right now, so I can relate to trying to keep things clean and neat. We're having an open house this Sunday and there's lots of work to be done before then.

Bill - impressive run today. You must be feeling really confident going into Bayshore. Good luck! And I'm looking forward to seeing you in October. Will you wait a few hours for me to finish?

I like your "run your own run" thought this morning, Tom. Hope the weather isn't too nasty tonight.

Doing a little cross training packing and tossing these days Slo? Good luck with the move. What's your next big adventure in the world of running? Do you have any fall marathons planned yet?

7 miles this morning, 9:40 pace. My leg were tired, but didn't want to let up too much after the Cellcom last Sunday because I know I've gotta get them used to more mileage every week. Our Will just turned 7 months and we had a little birthday party for him last night. No cake for him - only sweet potatoes, but I thank the Lord every day for his health. He's just the most mellow little boy, and has really developed a cute personality. I'm sorry, sounding like a grandma here....

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

It is a gorgeous morning isn't it JLynne??     You are going to do very well at the Marathon in October.   Listen, if I can run 26.2 - you certainly can!!!    Talk like a grandma all you want too - Will is a little miracle!

Good luck with your 5k today Cranium and thanks for getting us started today.

{{{Deez}}} I hope everything settles down for you and your son is definitely in my thoughts.

NoNo and Jlynne - Having a house for sale is simply a pain in the ass.   Especially when you are a perfectionist and have to have everything just right every minute.   My kids were about ready to run away from home when we were going through it.    Good luck to both of you.    Maybe SLO should list them for you.

It is suppose to really heat up in Michigan next week Byll.   I haven't seen the forcast for Bayshore yet, and speaking of which where has SteveP been?

No run for me today as I didn't get much sleep.   With only one puppy left, I started crate training him as I couldn't bring myself to leave him out in the puppy kennel all alone.   He did quite well, but I only 1/2 slept as I kept listening for him.    I sure will miss the little guy.

Happy Thursday everyone!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

Doing a little cross training packing and tossing these days Slo? Good luck with the move. What's your next big adventure in the world of running? Do you have any fall marathons planned yet?

Somebody mentioned something about a marathon in the Twin Cities.......I checked it out last night, I can't talk my DW into driving 12 hrs to Corning NY so I signed up for the Twin Cities Marathon Oct 3rd. Anyone else doing this one ?

dg.

good morning! 

feeling a little backward.

Slo_hand, yay!   I thought you were already registered for the Wineglass.  Your anniversary, isn't it?    Yes lots of us are doing that one.  (Twin Cities) (Craneium is next).  Depending on how you define 'do'. 

Mary get some rest.   Are you still sick?   Bet it's tough to see the last baby go.

I've been wondering about SteveP too.

Jeanne nice run.    We love to hear Will updates.   It's wonderful and amazing that he is so happy and healthy.

TW.   everything counts.   good advice, thanks.  

in a buggy?

Nice, Bonger!

Nono, glad you got a run in.      I'd tell you not to overdo & drive yourself crazy if I thought it would do any good.

good luck being mega-productive Dave59.

Vista, are you in charge of letting us know when Dave can be Dan?

Craneium perfect timing.   I was just headed to get some.

Doug, nice job!

Denise, it's so good to hear from you.

rest day.   yep again.  

oh, thanks Sue...   I went & had the battery replaced again (polar) this morning, but it isn't quite right, I even had confirmed that the buttons don't work as they should.   Soon it will have to go to Oz (New York) for rejuvenation.

good luck on your foot appt..  I'm glad you're going in.  Friday?

Vista, are you in charge of letting us know when Dave can be Dan?

DG ......Wowzers, this sounds like WAY too much responsibility for me.   I have trouble making sure I put on my running shorts before I head out the door to run  (there is a story there)......can I be trusted to inform the group of when we are to make the name change?  Oh gee the pressure.

3.7 miles put in last night with NO rain....and no pain.   Yippee!    I am happy with how it is going for me.

Joey

Vista

Marathon Maniac #957

Enke – what everyone else said....you’re doing great!

Jlynne – same thing to you!  And you can talk about little Will all you want, and keep those avatars coming!

Breger – excellent run!

You folks doing Twin Cities are going to have so much fun!  I hope you take lots of pictures....

9.25 miles total for me today.  First, 7.52 miles outside in a foggy 48° including 6 x ½ mile intervals (2 min rests).  I ran them today without looking at my Garmin, just trying to find a strong, steady pace and set a baseline.  They came in at:

4:01    (8:02)

3:57    (7:54)

4:04    (8:08)

4:00    (8:00)

4:03    (8:06)

3:46    (7:32)

Then I ran home to rouse the kids and then 15 minutes of this on the TM:

(2 min. @ 8:20/1 min. @ 10:00/1 min. @ 7:30/1 min. @ 10:00)

followed by lunges, bench step-ups, push-ups and squats

I'll try not to doze off at DS's soccer game tonight....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Oh crap. I so want to do Twin Cities.  I wanted to do it before I found out I could KICK SOME SPARERIB arse there...and then there's that potential!   My husband has never been unemployed in his life.  WHY oh WHY is it now that it is looming?

He told me just to register and we could eat the costs if everything goes bad...let me check again with him today and see how he's feeling about the future and race fees.

Thanks for the well-wishes folks -- it's much easier since the house for sale is not inhabited by dog and kids.  Everything would have been fine if my cleaning lady and handyman hadn't crapped out on me, and then if my lawn guy hadn't broken his lawnmower! (Sheesh people, it's spring at the shore. Bring your "A" game...)  But, you play the hand you are dealt, right?

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

my cleaning lady and handyman ..., and ...my lawn guy

Nono - I think your world is so kewl!.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Nono - I think your world is so kewl!.....

Me too ..... I think the only things she's missing is a pool boy!!  Wink

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com