Masters Running

Easter Sunday 3/27/16 Runs and Festivities (Read 38 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

A very quiet Easter morning here, with DD still away with a friend.  We are supposed to see temps in the low 70's today, so DH and I are going golfing this afternoon.

4.1 recovery miles for me today in 38 degrees.

Happy Easter!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

coastwalker

Mornin' and Happy Easter, Holly and everyone else.

Enjoy the warm weather and golf, Holly.

Good runs yesterday - Jlynne (10), Holly (20), Mike (15), Enke (10), Twocat (8), Evanflein (6), and Starr (a wet 7). Good pool run (TW), and hike (Tet). And everybody seemed to get their necessary Easter prep work done too.

We had such a great time at our 'political' dinner last night! Our host prepared a great meal, and had plenty of wine to fuel the conversation. He got a cake for dessert from a local bakery, and it was decorated with the names of the remaining presidential candidates. We talked about the good, bad, ugly, and very strange goings on in this campaign season, and everybody brought a different perspective to the table. The only candidates that did not have strong advocates at the table were Cruz and Clinton. We spent time trying to figure out just what is going on this year and where it (and we) are headed. We spent almost no time arguing, a lot of time laughing and we agreed to get together again just before or after the Republican Circus Convention, which we all agreed will likely add to the strangeness of the process this year.

10.1 RW miles this morning in 34F temps, under very overcast skies. I saw a beautiful little red-tailed fox in a field along the way. When it saw me, it ran away for about 10-15 yards. Then it stopped, turned around, and sat and watched as I went by. I get those strange looks a lot...

Have a greta Sunday/Easter!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

..as I think I said before ('cause I just did)

I am Amazed

to hear of a Calm Political Discussion these days......nice to know there are some Grown-Ups left

the Polarization of the Country

concerns me more

than who's running for President of it

-===============

...........off to the city park

for another Tune-Up Hike today

just been told

somebody named ''bob'' is coming with us

and

we need to ''get him into shape''

>>>>>>>>>>>read  that ''we're gonna probably have to carry him out''<<<<<<<<<<

...........Happy Easter guys.............Good Running to Ya......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

SteveP

When the Easter bunny started tossing goodies among the pine trees between our house and DD#1's, he discovered our grandson was already outside. Noah snuck up behind me and wound up chasing me as far as the road.

His parents made him stop at the road.

I ran down to the end of the street. Then made my way back along the neighbor's pines. I did not know it, however he saw me going to the house. I took the mask off just before going through the door. He came in the house, and the cat was completely out of the bag. He looked around at all the other goodies and asked if we went to other kid's houses too. I told him yes. (This year there's about 15 houses we stopped at). I made him swear in oath of secrecy. Only he and Grammy know He assured me that Grammy does not know. Promised he would keep the secret.

When I worked in a hotel, a family had lived there while Dad was being relocated and they were having a house built. That's when I started hiding eggs for hotel guests. Easily 20 years late, the family is in the next town north of us. This is their granddaughter.

SteveP

Dave59

Seeing snowy pictures from Michigan makes me a little glad to be in WV this spring.

I got in a 2-mile run this morning.

Yesterday I ran 4.15. I went over to my usual quiet park but was confronted with hundreds of cars. There was a massive Easter Egg Hunt coming up. So I fought my way out of the park and drove west to Ritter Park in Huntington for my run. It is a nice place and I've run there once before. I have a 5k coming up on Saturday at that park.

My younger daughter graduated from Ferris State so I adopted them as my favorite college hockey team. They knocked off a #1 seed in the NCAA hockey tournament yesterday. It was fun to watch. If they win today they will go to the final 4. They made it to the championship game during my daughter's senior year but unfortunately lost.  They are big underdogs this year and they looked exhausted after the game yesterday. It'll take a miracle for them to play as good today as they did yesterday.

Good morning good people, and Happy Easter to all who have posted, and those yet to "hop" on the daily

Sounds like a fun - and civilized - evening last night Jay. Who got the piece of cake with Trump's name on it?!

There goes Holly - talking about those warm temps again! Just kidding Holly - have fun golfing today. Our course(s) is still buried under several inches of snow. All talk of opening next week was cancelled after that big storm last Wednesday.

Your video was awesome Tom. Forgot to comment on that. Happy Easter!

Awww Steve - busted! You are really a good "egg" and I hope your family and neighbors appreciate you.

3 miles this morning on very tired and sore legs. Just trying to stay ahead of the calorie intake coming later. We're having ham, scalloped potatoes and green beans almandine, fresh pineapple and strawberries and salted caramel cheesecake for dessert.

I just hid my grandson's Easter baskets and have 20 plastic eggs that I was going to hide outside, but I'm not putting on boots to trek through the snow, so I'll be hiding them all in the house, much to my DH's delight

Have a great day everyone!

King of PhotoShop

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it.  Cool day here, high 50's and I ran 3.5 while the Saint did 8.  Feeling a bit tired lately.

This is the first year in ages since I haven't hidden the Easter Bunny clues around the house with Hudson off at school, and tonight's Easter dinner will be just the two of us.  Times change.

The official pics are in from the RRCA Convention and here are WRFB and PDR. Don't they take a great picture? Good looking couple:

And of course no set of pictures would be complete without one of me!  Here I am as emcee:

Spareribs

mrrun

Great pics and fun to read about the runs and walks

ran in nyc today on the east side.  When I turned around at the Williamsburg bridge I could see both the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges & the statue of

liberty.  The pic I took didn't do it justice.  Then back to my brothers and around 12 of us for lunch - bagels, whitefish, lox, kugel, etc - a typical Easter meal.

Marj

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

buehrle good of you to give blood. On the down side you next run is going to be really tough! On the up side, you get to sort of find out what blood doping does over the next month as your body recovers!

12:49

57F

8 miles

mile 1: 9:21

mile 2: 9:11

mile 3: 9:16

mile 4: 9:00

mile 5: 9:06

mile 6: 9:01

mile 7: 9:04

mile 8: 9:00

I started this run in a misty mist but it never rained and, in fact, the cloudy weather and mild temps made for a pleasant run. However. I spent the entire run looking in my rearview mirror at Twocat and hearing his words and wondering when I was going to run out of steam.  Fortunately, I must have replenished enough heme to stay oxygenated despite losing a pint of blood on Thursday morning.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate this day!  And Happy Day to those who do not! Ralph and I went to 0630 mass but before mass began he excused himself and left (I stayed). I had taken him to Urgent Care on Friday afternoon because I did not like the way he was breathing and coughing. He balked at this visit but reluctantly went to see Dr. Cummings. Diagnosis?  Acute bronchitis. Bacterial. And so, he is midway through a Z-pack. He should have stayed home this morning, stubbornly he attempted to go to church with me.

I thought of tomwhite when I went to the pharmacy on Friday to fill his prescriptions. I had to have my license scanned in order to pick up the narcotic cough medicine. Poor Ralph is coughing so violently that his intercostal muscles are sore.

Anyway, I found him in the car. He streamed mass over his phone!  High tech, we are at Saint Bede.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Great pics and fun to read about the runs and walks

ran in nyc today on the east side.  When I turned around at the Williamsburg bridge I could see both the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges & the statue of

liberty.  The pic I took didn't do it justice.  Then back to my brothers and around 12 of us for lunch - bagels, whitefish, lox, kugel, etc - a typical Easter meal.

Marj

Love this, Marj. Every word.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

..steveP that is Hilarious...Great Pics....

rose//....remind ralph of the Soak the ToothBrush trick......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Buehrle - wow, that is pretty speedy after donating a pint of blood.

I need to do that again someday - O neg, they like me.

Great photos SR!!

Erika - my knee held up for the 10 miles.  It still gets a bit stiff and sore, but not pain while I am running and it recovers a lot sooner than it used to.  I was so achy after my run yesterday like all over, I found it hard to fall asleep.  MBE and I went out to a brew pub last night - fun because a woman I work with is an investor in the place and they are doing well.  We also went to REI and I got some black and purple bike shorts (to match Gigi).  Then we went shopping for a new duvet cover for my bed, and it was sort of funny having the salesman just assume we were married "what size bed do you guys have".  MBE didn't miss a beat and just answered his questions without clarifying the situation.  Same thing when he went for surgery last fall "how many kids to you guys have", from the nurse.  I guess two middle aged people together like us, it is a natural assumption.

Today I went back to the bridle trails and did 4 more miles.  I thought it would be tough after the 10 miles yesterday and being so achy last night and this morning, but it actually turned out to be a reasonably sproinky run, in a huge down pour.  Maybe that is why it was sproinky - I wanted to get done and out of the rain.

Good job to Starr on 7 miles, longest run in 2 years.  Long runs are definitely not easy when you haven't been doing them.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Great pics and adventures on the daily today!

RCG - speedy miles, in spite of giving blood - nice!

Sorry, Jlynne, but it was lovely and even hot out on the course today.  Nearly un-heard of for late March, but I am not complaining. I don't know why I can run for miles and yet the few miles walking 9 holes of golf leave me so tired. Must be the hills and pushing/dragging the golf trolley.  BTW, I saw a woman with a remote-controlled golf trolley, so she could walk along and the trolley just rolled ahead of her.  Have you seen one of those?

No leaves yet, but green, green grass.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Happy Sunday and Happy Easter to all who celebrate!! I immersed myself in church activites from Thursday through the Easter Vigil last night and feel so blessed to be able to do that this year. I am so grateful Steven is doing well and we had so many family and friends supporting us thru this whole ordeal.

Easter is a little difficult here - I have my husband and 2 of the boys who say they don't believe and 2 that do but are not very active .....then there's me. Oh well, I try not to say too much and we celebrated today as a family dinner/ March-April birthdays/ Steven's recovery/Easter for those of us who do believe!!  I don't believe in beating anyone over the head with my beliefs but I also don't let their lack of  faith stop me from practicing.   It makes for an interesting house, but somehow it works and we end up with a wonderful family day!!

Yesterday ran 5 easy miles with a few Sole Sisters - my longest run since this whole sciatica/piriformis thing started

Today ran 3.5 at a little quicker pace. I think I am starting to make a comeback - yay!!

Steve - you are priceless!!

Ribs - great pictures!!

Holly - so glad you and DH are able to embrace the change!

RCG - nice 8 miles!!

Jay - great 10 miler for you today!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I celebrate Easter and believe everything that Easter is about.  Jesus' death on the cross,and His rising 3 days later, is every Christian's path to heaven.  HOWEVER--I also believe that God has provided several paths to heaven and I respect those who believe in those other paths.  Having said that, I had a great day celebrating Easter with my family...even though this cold has kicked my butt!  No running...but a great day!

Okay--gotta go. See ya!