Masters Running

Thursday Quick Start - 8/16/2018 (Read 34 times)

Dave59

Thought I'd do a short little kick-off to the daily.

I went out to run an easy 3 miles. The plan was to check out the state of the nearby River Trail by taking it a mile to the park, then run at the park for a mile before returning the way I came. But once I was out on the trail (which wasn't muddy for a change) I decided to do a 5 mile loop. I took the trail to the park, ran through the park, out the front of the park, and along the roads back home.

5 miles total. Included a big hill that I walked most of.  And it was so humid I was soaked at the end. But man oh man, what a good runner's high at the end.

Garmin Map: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2936929347

I was at the office yesterday so other than a walk in the evening I didn't do anything.

Have a good day folks.

Thanks for getting us started, Dave, Good extra effort on the extra two miles plus that runner's high to boot! I sometimes change my route depending on how I feel.  It's nice to have options but when going around the lake, there is a point of no return up to the half way point.  I use Garmin Connect too, didn't realize you could copy and paste the link to the map.

I know a lot of you have been wondering about Amos (Amy) in Florida.  I came across a bookmark I have for her blog.  She is such a great writer, and a great person too!  I love reading her essays/articles.  I found out that she has osteoarthritis and had both replaced this year, in Feb/Mar.  The essay called Last Things is really good.  I sure do miss her cheerful smile around here.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/2018/04/27/sometime-what-youre-searching-for-is-right-where-you-left-it/

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/2016/06/09/last-things/

It is storming here in SW MN, soooo........ glad that I wasn't out in it that this morning.   I needed extra sleep today. Will run after work, humidity should be much better.

Have a super day everyone, make every run count.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

anneb

Morning, all. I got out for an easy 10k before work, after running 3 last night after work (so about 12 hours between runs). You know how some runs just feel easy like you could keep running and running and running... (you know, if you didn't have to go to work)? Well the last couple have been like that and I'll take it. Now, if we could just get some cooler temps going. This morning it was 73 with a dew point of 70. Dare I say that I see low temps that start with a 5 in my 7 day forecast... well I probably shouldn't say that, for fear of jinxing it.

Nice 5k, Joe! Good luck on your race tonight, Jay!

Hope everyone else is hanging in there with various butt/hamstring/back/knee stuff going on.

Anne

C-R

Thanks for the start Dave and nice 3 as the new 5.

Thanks for the update on Amy Starr. Hope her recovery is going well.

Nice daycare Steve. Remind me who is cared or caring?

Another hotel treadmill run prior to my meetings. A little better this morning but still.

Cheers all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TammyinGP

thanks for the start.

my after work runs plan did pan out. I thought David would be home for dinner (and he's usually not anymore with his job) so figured I'd head home at normal time for a family dinner. Well, right when I got there, he was leaving to go to a friends house who was having a going away party since he's off to college this weekend, so it was leftovers for DH and I had a zucchini (breaded in panko and seasonings and baked).

but since I haven't run since Sunday, I will get in a run today. David is working til 9:00 so I can't use the family dinner excuse to not run. lol.

oh, traded up from an S4 to an S8 yesterday. I'm navigating my way around it but right now two things have me stumped. I can't get FB notifications to show up, nor can I get it to pair with my car.  I'm really hoping it's compatible with my car because I love having that sync'd up. I need to call Ford about that.

Tammy

45 min of upper body and core this a.m.  15 limited bridges.  My butt doesn't hurt as much as it did when I did the bridges on Tuesday when I did 2 sets of 15, and I also paid more attention to how high I was going this time (which is barely off the floor), so either (a) my butt is only agreeable to one set of 15 or (b) I was lifting up too high on Tuedday . . . or I guess there could be a (c) - both.

Five min run last night (did I post that already?). Did a longer warm up walk, but it still felt like a knot was in my butt.  I'm thinking it may have been a cumulative affect of Tues workout since things were bothering me most of the day yesterday.  Who knows . . .

Starr - Thanks for the update on Amy. I was thinking about her a few days ago.  I'll have to go read her blog.

Dave - And those are the kinds of runs that keep us coming back. 

I dumped a mess back in a partner's lap this morning.  I didn't screw it up, I'm not responsible to fix it.  . . . . we'll see how far my bravado takes me. 

Bonkos at my house tonight.  I haven't won a LONG time.  Hopefully I have better luck tonight.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

What is S4 and S8?  Phones?

Breathing very thin air here in Crested Butte.  Sky is not blue due to the fires, but it’s still such a gorgeous place to be.  My run this morning was NOT an easy effort, so I failed at that.  I guess it will be the “20” of my 80/20.  I just couldn’t keep my HR down.

Gotta get my day going.  Have a greta Thursday, y’all.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Starr - thanks for that link - I miss Amy.

Tammy - what is an S4 and an S8?

My legs are tuckered out.  I managed to get 5.3 miles in this morning in a misty 71 degrees.

Yesterday I ran 6 miles, ate 1600 calories, and gained a pound.  (sigh)

I run on the outside of my feet and therefore wear down the outside edge.  I tried Shoe Goo on one of my pairs to fill in the wear portion.  After 3 days of drying, I ran in those shoes today.  After my run, I checked, and the entire Shoe Goo part was gone.  Drat.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

pfriese

Tempo run on my schedule for the day. 1.5 mile warm up, 7 miles tempo, 1.5 mile cool down... 10 miles total for the day... Done in very humid conditions.

Paul

...88-degrees

and Very Humid,

even with a breeze

60-min HH 1-3s at soccerfields

apparently

Big Storms moving in this afternoon

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Image may contain: text

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

RunnerKSA I love the Crested Butte area. It has been a long time since my last trip.

This morning I went in to get the final fitting on my orthotic. What you see is what I will be wearing as my primary fashion accessory morning, noon and night. Yep, I get to sleep in it. Oh joy!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Dave59

Took almost an hour for me to get this. I thought you had cut off the rest of picture.  I was wondering "You're what?"

Marathon Maniac #957

(((Twocat)))

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Your not fooling me.

Your supposed to shout, shout, shout at the devil.