Masters Running

Sooner State Games 5K RR (Read 115 times)

pfriese

Just a quick RR. I decided yesterday evening to run this race. A nice flat out-&-back-course. Weather; 55 degrees with very light south breeze. Simultaneous start for 5K, 10K and HM, even with 3 races the start was not crowded. I went out a little fast, but eventually found a nice pace. At the turn-around point still felt good and starting picking off runners. Very interesting race in that I was never passed at any point after the first 100 meters. Splits: 1K--- 4:20 2K--- 4:31 3K--- 4:32 4K--- 4:38 5K--- 4:33 Time: 22:49 A new PR with a 1st in AG (small field though). Paul
      Good job.......Congratulations on the PR. Thanks for sharing the report. Joey
      Vista

King of PhotoShop

Don't be giving us that "small field though." You won! And you won in a decent time too. Nice going Paul. Your running has been steadily improving and I'm glad to see you out there sharpening the saw a bit with these types of races. Spareribs
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations, Paul! It must be cool to win in your AG. I will have to wait until I'm 80 to do that probably, but that's OK!
            High five Paul! A PR and a win. Very sweet and no disclaimers about small fields, a win is a win! CNYrunner
            huskydon

Congratulations Paul! Great win, steady splits. Never passed after 100 yds? Means you are a strong runner! huskydon
              SteveP

PRs and hardware rock!!!!!!

SteveP

Paul, Great race and PR. Way to go. Thank you for sharing. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Great race Paul! Nice time and wtg on the PR and AG win!
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      Nice race in good weather, pfriese. Congrats on your PR and AG win. TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Congratulations on your PR, Paul, and 1st AG win - excellent racing!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Sometimes the races you don't plan on running end up being the best . . . . like this one! Great job Paul!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com