Masters Running

Wednesday 9/26/18 (Read 43 times)

SteveP

Deez4boyz putting in a triple treat.

Stumpy getting loopy on the lake.

RunnerKSA knocking out a self induced 5K before playing Dr.

Is PBJ looking to give Deez a work out challenge? Stay tuned as they stay toned.

Henrun knocking out a nice pace until he got chicked.

Dave59 back at it.

AnneB shedding a new light on a neighborhood 4.9.

TomWhite biking along to a lunch meet up. Good job on keeping the lunch down.

Mrrun tai-ing one on before the party.

Quickadder getting paced by DD for 7.3

Joe618 enjoying rest day #2.

Surly Bill making his hip take 5...maybe 7.

TammyinGP back at it after a long weekend.

Buehrle, I'm sorry the violence tainted mood regarding the Rocket Scientist's achievement.

TwoCat pushing his rehab past it's limits. This is why we can't have nice things.

Evanflein celebrating 5.2 after 5.

Tetsujin209 celebrating the full moon by going all cycle. Yes, DW is quite different than me.

Hi Holly.

MikeE finds life taking him in circles. Nice 12.

Mr Better Than Yesterday graces us with his presence!!! Stay soggy. Don't check with Steve before posting anything.

Jlynne enjoying a mini reunion and getting back on the program.

Falconfixer getting a workout and giving a history lesson.

Spacityrunner making a come back. Liz, my thoughts were with you over the last few days.

I celebrated a long work day made even longer with a meeting. GS#1 made me a nice birthday card.

SteveP

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Happy belated birthday, Steve. Sorry you had to spend so much of it at work. Thanks for the start!

I got some poison something last weekend - it doesn't bubble up like poison ivy, but it swells up and itches like the dickins. So sleep has been tough the last few nights, and I'm getting even less sleep than usual, which is making me a little grumpy. On the brighter side, I've been breaking in my new orthotics since Monday morning, and took them for their first workout this morning.  I went about 4.5 RW miles in 66° temps with very damp ground fog. It was tough because it was so muggy, but I pushed the pace a bit and still didn't have any of the ankle pain I've been dealing with for the last few months. There is a little post-workout discomfort, but it is still a vast improvement over what it was, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Gotta go - I have a morning meeting in South Portland, ME, which is about 70 minutes drive from here.

Have a greta Wednesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...steve//.....Happy B'Day......................I see GS got your Sense of Humour.......

'

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Happy Birthday Steve! And nice birthday card  Thanks for the most excellent recap.

I'm glad the orthotics are working out Jay. Sorry about the poison something. I was awake most of the night as well, dealing with the many mosquito bites I got on the golf course yesterday. Why does the itching always bother you more at night when you're trying to sleep?

Paul posted some beautiful pictures from Paris. What an awesome place to explore by running!

Strawberry moon cakes Tet? Yum.  How many calories in one of those puppies?

So sorry to read about your dog Liz. Would you consider a puppy or rescue at some point?

We had a front pass through here last night. A beautiful, sunny morning with 49° and no wind. At the Y for 45 minutes on the elliptical and then a 5.26 mile run/walk with the Y ladies, finished with 20 minutes of weights and core. I'm having a hamstring flare-up right now darn it. I thought I was over the hump with this.

Hope your Wednesday is off to a great start folks!

anneb

Happy birthday Steve! Sorry about working.

Paul - Thanks for posting the Paris pics - that is one city I'd like to get to in the next few years.

Mike - 9 miles @ 6:35?! That's moving!

Spacityrunner - so sorry about the loss of your pup.

Hope that boot doesn't stick around too long Karen...

5-ish miles for me this morning. It was a breezy 52, and I have to admit it was chilly! We're going to the Cubs game tonight. In unbelievable fashion, they've lost the last 2 games at home against the Pirates and HAVE ONLY SCORED ONE RUN. Ugh. They can't possibly lose 3 in a row at home this week, can they??

Anne

pfriese

Reporting in on another beautiful day in Paris.

I was out early once again to beat the traffic for an 11 mile run.

I started from our apartment in Montmartre. This time I headed up to the top of Sacre Coeur.

I headed down off the butte to Bassin de Villette, continuing along the Canal St. Martin, following it's path to the Bastille & on to the Seine.

I ran long the Seine to the Louvre then into the Tuileres Garden and then on up the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe.

From there on to Parc Monceau & back to our apartment. Once again, a very nice run. Tomorrow, we are off early to Mont St. Michel. So, no runs are planned for Thursday.

Paul

Happy Birthday, Steve!      Miles- 0  Donuts at work-  1 (so far)   It was raining anyway, and it felt sort of good to not have to get up early.    May try the elliptical later to see how it does.  MRI still not scheduled.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Joe618

Paul, thanks for the marvelous photos from Paris.   {laughing in French accent}   They are terrific.   I love exploring new places while running.   Great job.

I got back on the road this morning, with a stiff shuffle of 4+ miles.   Felt good to be out.

Just got official results from the marathon on Sunday, which was so funny.   The event was mostly a relay, only a few solo runners...very few.  Therefore, I simultaneously finished the solo division in second place, the middle of the pack and next to last.   Yes, I was 2nd of 3 finishers.   Eight folks started the solo race, and five dropped out, just getting in a long run with support.   I ended up only being a little over 2 minutes behind the winner.   Made my competitive side mad, as I surely could have found another 2 minutes in a 4:48 marathon.   But, my name isn't Shirley.

Enjoy the day, folks.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

mrrun

Happy Birthday Steve!  We had party for my DS yesterday - would have bought you a cupcake also if you had been here!

Paul - great pics of Paris. We went to Notre Dame at 6 am for that reason also - such fun without the tourists. Also, i have fond memories of mont-saint-michel having been there with my parents in 1960

((itching folks))

5 walking miles some power some paper bag

marj

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Birthday Steve but please don't ever grow up.

Mosquito-killing forties up to high seventies today kind of like Paris

but without the, well, everything Paul is enjoying, it seems.

At least I still have the two overpasses to go under on the 'mute.

Liz - living in a city dogless for the first time in my life, I feel your emptiness.

After Monday's ten mile cycle-mute RT wore me out too much for the planned spinning class that forces me to do more than the coasting I get to do for more than two miles of the five mile commute, I'll try to save myself for today's 5:30-6:20pm perpetual motion session. Need some time to take the Voltie anyway and try to sweep up some of the newly-fallen acorns already accumulated on the sidewalks I discovered last year and that posts herein spurred me to check out before they soon get covered and mixed in will all the fallen leaves too. We'll see.

Joe/Shirley - at least you beat somebody. My PR 8th place

when two of the ten starters dropped out in a 1979

marathon nevertheless remained a solid DGL.

ps - how'd'ja do AG and sex-wise?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

It would appear your grandson has your sense of humor Steve.   Happy Birthday!

Is it humid there Paul?  My parents have been in Barcelona since the beginning of the month, although right now they are on a mediterranean cruise and return home on Monday. My mom has said how awfully humid it is there, but they are on the med so guess that's too be expected. 

so I was a bit disjointed these past few days with family news that I read about on FB. Last week my aunt was trying to get a hold of me. My parents, since they are in Europe with very limited cell accessibility, asked her to please contact me if there was any news about grandma (my aunt/mom's Mother). She is elderly, lives alone but has been having episodes of falling and her thinking is not real clear anymore (she's 94). Well, when my aunt tried calling, I knew something must be going on with G'ma or there would be no reason for her to call me. I tried calling her back, left a message with my cell phone, sent her a FB message and sent her a text to call and let me know what's going on. This was all on Wed or so of last week. never heard back from her. Friday morning, as we are getting ready to leave on our Cali trip, I see she puts on her FB page that grandma is now living in the nursing home. So, I send her another message on FB (so I can see if she reads it), saying to please call and let me know what is going on - that I don't like reading g'ma is in the nursing home with no explanation as to how or why she ended up there. So, my aunt finally calls me and gives me the skinny (no accidents or anything, g'ma just felt time was right with her falls, memory issues and being scared of being alone in her apt). 
                        then DH and I return from our trip and I read on the FB of my brothers girlfriend that they got engaged over the weekend. wth? These are major life events and I don't even get a call or message to let me know these things personally? He's my only sibling, he's almost 47 and never been married, so it's kind of a big deal I think. I dunno, maybe it's just me and people don't think much of blasting major life events on FB as a way of letting people know. Am I that old school that I still expect things like that to be told in a more personal way?

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

It would appear your grandson has your sense of humor Steve.   Happy Birthday!

+1

Paul - lovely pics!

Jlynne - your cold front is getting here tonight, so the weather the rest of the week will be quite cooler.

Digestive issues kept me on the TM this morning - taking no chances!  Boy it is tough moving back to the TM though.  I have the attention span of a gnat on a TM.

4 miles total.

Not sure how much running I will have the rest of the week.  Tomorrow morning I have oral surgery to seat an implant (the one that broke in January.)  General anesthesia, so I will likely be groggy most of the day.

Court date for DD after work.  3 traffic offenses - driving with her brights on, too many people in the car, and now a speeding ticket from July that she neglected to mention.     One of our attorneys agreed to come with us, so we shall see.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP happy birthday. I think I like your DGS. My last BD party I labeled "Celebrating One Year Closer to Death!" Somehow my DW did not think it was nearly as funny as I did. 

TammyinGP for all the good social media could do to help people maintain connections, it is instead tearing them apart. I 100% agree with you, these people should have picked up the phone before posting in FB or anywhere else.

Tough day at PT. Some new exercises that required me to stand on what looked like a large brick with my good leg and then swing my bad leg forward and to the side several times. How I sustain the intense level of exertion is a scientific miracle.  Post PT, Mariposai went off to get some ingredients for dinner over the next few days. Then back home where she is working in the kitchen while I work in the family room on the couch. Visiting your friends does not get more exciting than that. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TammyinGP

TwoCat - I think the thing that actually surprised me about the engagement announcement is that my future SIL and I are friends. We text regularly back and forth with each, we get together on occasion, etc. My brother is not on social media. sort of despises FB.  when my future SIL posted the announcement on her page, I replied with "what?! I'm hearing about this on FB?" to which she responded "you and everyone else" and a smiley. I don't hold any ill will or grudges and if a FB announcement is how you want to inform all your friends you got engaged, that's fine. I just would have expected, if nothing else, a personal text or call that "hey, your brother and I got engaged this weekend!"  
                              (shrug) 

Tammy

I thought this was your new Birthday Tattoo!                     happy BD!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying