Masters Running

Sat June 5th Runs - Workouts - and Racin' - and Rests (Read 720 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning............figured I may be the first (you would think someone would help a Brother out, and already have the coffee on   

I  woke up on my own at 3:58 - no alarm, and getting ready to head to Englewood, Ohio for my 50K Race and meet up with Holly (haha, I getta run with her.....you don't (see what happens when Ya don't make coffee  ) ---- Augggg, it's already very hot and muggy when I stepped outside at 4:00 am - 75 degrees  - 85% humidity - and great chance of thunderstorms, with much of Indiana and Ohio in the red for storms and flood watches and warnings......well, will be that way for everyone right?

Gonna be an interesting day....to say the least. Ok, bout done with my big bowl of oatmeal and banana, and ready to get dressed and head out the door pretty soon. You all we be on me and Holly's minds I am sure, along with Tammy and Laura........

Have a Great Day Everyone,

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Rest for me today...it's 2pm here and 112F in the shade!  1/2 Marathon tomorrow.... Good running to everyone!

Karl

Marathon Maniac #957

112F in the shade!  1/2 Marathon tomorrow.... 

Karl

112 in the shade!  Makes the 76 degrees and 87% that I woke up to seem not so bad....

Truthfully, thiis is one of the warmest mornings I remember waking up to here in Ohio.  Guess I'll readjust my goal for today from "beating last year's time" to "finishing." 

Still, I'll take "H&H with scattered strong thunderstorms" over "sleet and snow" or "freezing rain" any day of the week. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Good running Tim and Holly!!!!!!

SteveP

dg.

Go Tim & Holly & Tammy, Tet, & rasmussenmp!!!!

mta:  & Dave!!!    (sorry Dave, I remembered on my way to the farmer's market that I didn't type you!  how's your vacation with a run in the middle?  Smile )

Good Luck Holly and Tim!  In that weather drink more than you think you should, eat more than you think you should, and run slower that you think you'd like to.  You're going to do Great!

I was supposed to play golf this morning and I was really looking forward to it but a surprise case of GI distress (no further explanation needed) put the kibosh on that.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

.....GoodRunning to the Racers.......

........SquirtRelief to Burger.....

..............and a Gracious GoodMonring to the rest of ya..........

============

...........mid 90s for this afternoon,

hopefully some reelmowing after work,

trailrun tomorrow.......

...............good running guys..........Hydrate like you Mean It.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Go get 'em racers!!!   

I was out for 7 slow sluggish miles this morning.   It is warmer and more humid than I had planned on and I think I lost 3 or 4 pounds of sweat.   Too bad it'll come back later.  Sad   

Have a great Saturday!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Popping in to wish the 50Kers good luck!!

and the Newport marathoners!

I hope some one gets cool weather for their races this weekend.

Mid 90's and humid here in North Carolina... so I've been doing alot of water running at the neighborhood pool 200 yds away from our house. Just a perfect way to keep in shape in this heat. 1 hour yesterday with AHR 153 (water running HR is typically 10 bpm lower than road running at the same effort).  Back for more later today.

Did you guys catch Bernard Lagat breaking the American 5K record yesterday with a 12:54.12?  zoom zoom!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

New to this posting.  Hot and muggy 10 miles for me this morning despite being only 8:20.  Kept pace an easy 8:30 min mile.  Good luck to anyone racing today. 

for those of us in PA:  The Pennsylvania department of environmental protection has declared an air quality action day for the region...in effect until 10 PM EDT this evening. An air quality action day means that air quality within the region may approach or exceed unhealthy standards.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Tim & Holly good luck at your race survival test, hope at least that the storms go around you. 

112 in the shade, better run in the shade then   

12:54    zoom-zoom is right!!! 

5.6 miles slow & easy IT band not happy today

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

3 miles in 63F (which felt like 70 to me), the sun beating down, the humditiy high and I had to walk after just TWO miles.  3 miles total.  What a heat/sun/humidity wuss I am.  Complimentary coughing fit once I was done but not on the run, guess that is how it works.  I was thinking about Holly and Tim while out there of course.  Hope they finish with smiles on their faces.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

SteveP

I  woke up on my own at 3:58 - no alarm, and getting ready to head to Englewood, Ohio for my 50K Race and meet up with Holly (haha, I getta run with her.....you don't

Good luck guys...We're pullin for ya.

Keep drinkin that H20 Karl

Holy Flying Fish  Perch!!! Did lagat break the sound barrier????

Sorry to hear about the IT band Sarge.

Tag and I found a new stream about 20 miles away. Not too much poison ivy growing on the banks.  He's as big a heat wuss as I am. 3.74 miles.

SteveP

biketm with the weather report you might want to run near somebody real tall.  Lightning you know looks for a high point to hit!  I hope you are careful.  Lightning is nothing to fool with.

Diverdoc I like hot weather but 112 might do me in.  Good luck with the HM.

Holly S. amen about the weather options!

hopeful4ever just don't drink anything for a day or two! 

shadowrunner if you hold your breadth during your run then you can just ignore the air quality advisory thing.  That or if you insist on breathing I hope the air improves quickly.

enkephalin yes, if 63 waylays you then you are a hot weather wuss!  I would wish you better weather but that would likely involve colder weather here and I am sorry but there is no way I am going to wish for that! 

Today DW went off for a 10 mile run with her friends from the running club.  I delivered banana-chocolate chip muffins.  Those, as always are massively popular!  I had hoped to also have a loaf of Irish brown bread for my efforts last night.  But no dice.  The recipe I had is seriously messed up.  I just tossed out the resulting mush.  Calling it bread is an insult to bread.  I am going to try another recipe tonight and see how it goes.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Perch – nice to see you!

Home at last, showered and coffeed.  6:05 finishing time – 30 minutes slower than last year, but hey, I finished.  I lost Tim, though.  We parted after 6 miles, when he had to peel off into the woods, and I never found him again.  I waited at the end for 40 minutes to see if he would show, but then the need to get home and showered became overpowering…this race is 4 loops, and they keep track of your time at the end of each loop, but the guy keeping time didn’t have anything for Tim after the halfway point…and his car was still there…..to be honest, I’m a little worried about him….hope he made it back in.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."