Masters Running

Saturday Runs and Such (Read 313 times)

We're on a run of nice Spring days here...I'll go out for an 8 miler later. CNY- thanks for asking about Ellie. She's doing fine (just found out she temporarily needs reading glasses), and next week we meet with her neurosurgeon and the MD responsible for her physical therapy....we'll find out then what her summer PT schedule looks like. Tim: sorry to hear about your job. But you seem pretty resilient....take care of yourself. Good runs to all today! Walt
    SteveP

DW and I went rollerskating. First time on skates in nealry 20 years. I could have taken 1st in AG. Prolly 1st in masters as I was the only male over....I dunno....21 maybe.??????...1:36:37

SteveP

Tim - really sorry to hear about your job. Best of luck. Sluggish run for me today in 95% humidity. 4.1 miles, 37:37, 9:16/mi, AHR 141 (72% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning. Sorry I've been so absent lately, things have been a little rough lately, but I have a feeling that things are going to start turning around now. Starting with my run this morning .... first run since last Saturday's 25K. 6 miles - 10:03 avg. pace - 168 avg. HR 10:36 10:15 9:50 9:51 9:55 9:49 I pushed myself and used my lungs to their fullest extent .... for my father-in-law. I haven't had time to read, so I just hope that everyone is doing well and hopefully I can be an active participant again this next week.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Hill Runner

Good morning all, Back to a regular running routine for me...getting ready for a couple of fall marathons. 10.10 miles of hills @ 8:47 pace...68F with 88 humidity...little muggy. Good runs everyone!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Tramps

Some core work and stretching this morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

6.2 miles w/DW 5 loops around the neighborhood 9:30 pace. Had all the weather this morning started in light rain then hard rain then bright sun (it got hot) then cloudy & windy (felt good). Greta weekend everyone

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Rest day today...decided that if it's raining cats and dogs it's a good day to just relax and do some chores around the house, etc.. I will run my last LR tomorrow before the marathon...although i can no longer call 21.1k an LR... Tomorrow I plan on packing a lunch with a marvellous muffeletta and hit some hiking trails I have never done before about an hour or so out of town...Read about them in today's morning paper...looked fabulous. Will post photo's tomorrow...Maybe I could just run them!!! and combine the two...hmm Take care Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

0528 70° F humidity: high Weather similar to Peter's. Ran the Waller Mill Route aka The Expanded Stinky Deer Run aka The CIA Run with PBJ (augmented) Ralph has left me for another woman, a faster one. And I'm okay with that. I can't keep up with them, so no biggie, right? I had a great run with my best friend, Mr. Garmin. He never leaves me. He's very reliable. He rarely talks back. Mile 1: 9:40 Mile 2: 9:28 Mile 3: 9:52 Mile 4: 9:46 Mile 5: 9:44 Mile 6: 9:33 Mile 7: 9:36 Mile 8: 9:38 Mile 9: 9:39 Mile 10: 9:33 Here's hoping for brighter days for Tim.

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

I had a great run with my best friend, Mr. Garmin. He never leaves me. He's very reliable. He rarely talks back.
                      Big grin (Nice run)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hard to be upbeat with poor Tim's news. My DW went off for about 8 miles with the local jogging club. This was probably her longest run in six months. She is now talking with another member about doing what would be 9 miles next week. This is great because it might actually get her to a HM, which I have been trying to goad her into doing for who knows how long now! The club members got something of a treat today. A friend of mine came by with a pile of homemade brownies yesterday. Today I delivered most of them to the runners and they seemed to happily consume them all. As for me my every other day gym workout.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

7.2 miles w/ lots of hills and lots of humidity. Followed by: 1 hour of Zumba class. Big grin Then a mile swim. I'm tired, but feel accomplished..Wink
                          busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Tim - Sorry to hear about the job. You'll bounce back I'm sure. Back in Boston, and loving the weather (upper 60s, just perfect). We had a fun club run this morning. The warmup mile or two was pretty slow (planned) but ended up with just over 8 at 7:15 average pace. Lots of hills...feels great leaning into them. I think my legs and lungs are ready for the final week of taper to VCM.
                            -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                            also on Twitter

Marathon Maniac #957

7.35 easy paced (ave 9:54) miles for me this morning in 67 degrees and light rain. A combination of Thursday's intervals, yesterday's weights and last night's racing up and down a zillion stadium steps with DS left my thighs and glutes stiff today. Must mean I did something right. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

xor

We're about 5 hours into the Redmond Watershed Preserve 12 Hour race. This race is held on a not-that-technical (but pretty hilly) 5.375 mile loop. Do as many loops as possible in 12 hours. Late in the day, they shunt everyone onto a tiny .75ish mile technical loop so that people can get in as much mileage as possible before the horn blows. Last year, I ran the full 12 hours, and managed 52 miles in 95 degree heat. This year, it's only 75 and absolutely glorious. Anyway, I did 4 loops (21.5 miles) and then had to leave for awhile to take care of Tobias. I hope to go back to do 2-3 more loops. In that 4 loops, I threw in this weekend's Daniels "fun with tempo runs" workout, which involved 2x15 minutes at tempo pace, 10 easy miles (note, miles not minutes), 15 minutes at tempo pace. Plus a lot more easy running. I'm pooped... but I still want to get in a bit more later. Franc was out there too 'cause we talked before the start, but I haven't seen her since. I'm sure she's doing great! There's also a guy (gumbee) from the regular part of this site, but I don't think he checks out the boomer/masters (basters, ha).