Masters Running

Thursdaily, 4.26.18 (Read 39 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Yesterday, we had to get DNiece on her way early to the airport for her flight home, and then I had to get to my morning meeting. Today, I am leaving in a few to get to an all-day conference. Tomorrow, I have to get out early for an 8:30 meeting. And I'm supposed to be semi-retired...

6.15 pre-dawn RW miles this morning, starting in dense fog, and finishing in a light rain.

Have a greta Thursday (or, as I heard it referred to - little Friday)!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

You are a busy guy, Jay!  Enjoy your day.

Leg a LOT better this morning (still not normal) and I managed 3.1 miles on the treadmill.  Raining outside.  Still slow and HR still higher than it should be since I'm working hard on only one good leg, but I was happy with the progress.

Our company earnings release call is this morning with the financial analysts but it all turned out better than I expected.  The weather has been an issue this quarter, needless to say.  So...good news on the work front.  Heading up to PA tomorrow for the weekend.

2.1 treadmill miles after work.  Not too bad.  AT least I got some mileage in today.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

C-R

That does not sound like semi retired Jay

safe travels Karen and glad the leg feels better.

Back is much better. Definitely caused by my office chair. Avoided it for two days. Ran a nice easy 10k and now it’s off on some personal time. My college golf team is having a reunion at school starting today and through the weekend. Of course it’s nothing but golfing talking about golf and telling tales about Golf. Haven’t done this is over a decade and DW was happy I am going. Perhaps it’s just to get me out of the house so she can have some horse riding time. Anyway. Off to south bend and the local links.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

...mornin'........

henry probably knows this,

but

here's an Achilles taping video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN9JR6xvXBc

in case he

forgot he already knew it

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Lots of aches and pains around here lately.  Hope folks find solutions quickly.

Relationship talk always makes me appreciate mine even more. Lucky guy.

Got rained out yesterday so I did my 5 in this morning's sunshine.

Kind of a weird Bruins victory last night but, heh, I'll take it. (Henry are you a hockey fan?  Toronto vs. Boston must be a tough call for you.)

Go Caps!

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

I am making another attempt to get back in the gym and using the weights. Going once every month or two doesn't seem to be helping. 

So it was the gym this morning. 2 mile warm-up on the treadmill and then some upper body weights. The goal is twice a week at that. We'll see how it goes.

Henrun

Kind of a weird Bruins victory last night but, heh, I'll take it. (Henry are you a hockey fan?  Toronto vs. Boston must be a tough call for you.)

Asking a Canadian if they’re a hockey fan is like asking a kid if they like candy🏒. I saw the first NHL all star game (Toronto vs. All Stars)when  I was 12years old.

I’ve lived in New England for most of my adult life and a total Bruins fan.

Tramps

Asking a Canadian if they’re a hockey fan is like asking a kid if they like candy🏒.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.

Thanks for all the support.  To be fair though, we have spent a small fortune over the years on my teeth.  DH thinks it would be simpler just to get dentures, but he has no idea what you give up for that.  I tried a partial for a couple of years and it really robbed my eating pleasure.  There is just nothing like having your own teeth.  Since DH has all of his teeth, he doesn't really understand.

At any rate, I have an appointment on Monday and we will see what happens.

Tammy - thanks for standing up for me.  DH's Dr. Jeckle/Mr. Hyde behavior has been a strain on our marriage for years.  He is a good husband, hard working and responsible, but he can also be a sarcastic a$$hole fairly regularly.  When I met his father I saw where he got it from.

5 miles for me today in 40-ish degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...holly......

..this reminded me of

My Uncle Walt-

after he got his dentures

he sneezed and accidentally bit a lady on the other side of the room

==============

Note to Self-

gotta refill

that Rx for Impulse Control

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Holly, he may be hard working, perhaps even responsible. good husband? no. He belittles you, criticizes how you parent, emotionally manipulates you into thinking you don't deserve yet more dental work because you've already spent a small fortune on your teeth.  We spent a small fortune on my husband's hernia repair years ago and now spending more to get to the bottom of urology issues/kidney issues/having a bunch of stones blasted, etc. but a good spouse does not guilt another when it comes to having medical procedures done to improve quality of life. And proper dental care and fixing problems is just as important as other necessary medical procedures.  Ok, now I will shut up. Just had to get that off my chest because it really does anger me the way he treats you. 

Ran 4.1 miles yesterday. It was hot out too! Did 3.1 on the local trails and this time I took the hillier paths so I could work on running uphill. Not sure I would call it running. I probably could have power walked it just as fast, but it got my heart rate up, just incase the 89 degrees didn't get my heart pumping enough.  Then I got home, wanted nothing more than a shower, but Bella/Bailey gave me "that look" - dog owners know the look.  So we went for another 1 mile run.  

Tammy

I would like to add to the therapy session going on this week for Holly and say I echo Tammy's post above.  You're the only one who truly knows your marriage, Holly, but good spouses are suppose to support one another.  I've been through the wringer with The Hub, but even when he was heavy in his drinking, he never disrespected me.  Don't let anyone - ANYONE - tell you you're not worthy.  Whether it's health issues, teeth, issues, staying strong through exercises, whatever.  We ALL are worthy of respect and dignity.

Okay - I'm off my soapbox . . . for the moment.

I am trying to make friends with the goose sitting on her nest so she won't attack me later this summer.  So far she just glares at me. I am not too optimistic. 

Hahahaaa!!  The visual I have . . . . 

SteveP - Did you have your glasses on when you looked at the picture?? 

C-R - I LOVE my stand up desk.  My bosses got it for me last year when I couldn't sit.

I have 4 miles on tap for after work.  Other than that, it's just another day in paradise.  Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly, I agree with Tammy that your DH doesn't deserve you. And long marriages can be a challenge for everyone! My sympathies. My DH is a good guy but he has his moments..

It's not a bad idea to look into getting an implant in Mexico or Costa Rica or Thailand. Much cheaper and you get a vacation to boot.

Surly Bill, it was the Joint Trail I ran the other day, in the Needles district. We're camping at Indian Creek, where my DH is climbing. The climbs there are too hard for me, so I'm just running and belaying.

Tamster, I hope it's not gonna be too hot at Lost Creek! The forecast looks like it might be warmer than I'm used to!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

Tamster, I hope it's not gonna be too hot at Lost Creek! The forecast looks like it might be warmer than I'm used to!

I've been watching the weather from Prospect, OR - that's about the closest town to the lake.  Right now it's showing high of 69 and off and on drizzle during the day. If 69 happens, it won't be until mid/late afternoon. Mornings out there along the lake will be low 40's I bet.

eta: weather dot com shows it getting up to 70's but the mornings will still be cool. shorts weather, but cool. 

what day will you arrive?

eta again: just got off phone with John. He'll come out to LC about 11 a.m. next Saturday and hang out with us for the day. 

Tammy