Masters Running

Thursday Weekly Weight Smile/Cry Session (Read 363 times)

Do we want to keep this going, just to keep on our toes?  I'm up to 142.8.  I have no idea why, but I'm not gonna stress over it - for now.  If those extra 2.8 pounds aren't gone within the next week, well then . . . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

I haven't been part of this group, but I really should lose a few--or 8--pounds.  Ironically, while not running for 3 solid weeks, I ended up losing about 3 pounds.  Huh?!   It's all appetite-related of course; when I don't run I'm not nearly as hungry.  Still, it doesn't seem fair somehow.

My plan for weight loss is to slowly ramp up the mileage as my injured toe allows, but work at not increasing my calorie intake.  In theory it should work!  We'll see if reality cooperates.

Be safe. Be kind.

I'm in - as long as I don't gain any weight.  Holding steady at 123 which is still 5 lbs above what I'd like to be during the summer. Too many vodka and tonics, I guess...
        evanflein

I'd like to keep it going if just for maintenance and accountability... I'm up a bit this week but lots of eating out so it's understandable. (and after Thai food for lunch, I can count on being up at least 2 lbs the next day... why so much sodium in that?)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh gosh - I REALLY need to get back into this as I have a solid 10 to loose!    I'm the same as Leslie - but I think I'm shorter too.  Sad

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Oh gosh - I REALLY need to get back into this as I have a solid 10 to loose!    I'm the same as Leslie - but I think I'm shorter too.  Sad

Want us to put you on a stretcher??

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I think I need it for accountablitty, too, since I'm pretty sure I'm not holding myself accountable at the moment.  after 2 hot dogs, beans AND potato salad for dinner last night--back up to 190.  (never know I'm a carboholic, would you  )  Bur my miles are going up very slowly, so I'll have try harder at Tramp's method.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Want us to put you on a stretcher??

Ah yes, the easy way to get that Body Mass Index back in line.

Be safe. Be kind.

2 hot dogs, beans AND potato salad for dinner last night

But you're a man after my DH's own heart.  

Tramps - <snork>

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

SteveP

I'm still at 211 and happy now. My roids are keeping me hungry

SteveP

I'm still at 211 and happy now. My roids are keeping me hungry

Um, would that be "ster" or "hem"?

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Tramps - I need one of those....

Back down a lb this week, still up some from Seattle's and the next weekend's gluttony.  I'd like to drop 4 lbs, but 3 would make me happy.  Now that I'm back to running again after all that taper, marathon, reverse taper nonsense, maybe I can do it, of I don't let my increased appetite get away from me. \

I've been keeping a lot more fruit and chopped fresh veggies in the fridge, though, which is helping some.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Um, would that be "ster" or "hem"?

Um...steroids

SteveP

Well I've steadily made some progress since having DD (was 124 after having her) and am at my goal weight of 107 and have been there for a couple of weeks now.  Since I have a marathon coming up though I wouldn't mind losing 2-3 more pounds in prep for possibly gaining it back during the taper or just being just a little bit lighter on race day. 

I've had some success with Bob Greene's diet for life using his first phase, I haven't had to move on to the next phase but maybe after a couple more weeks I'll reassess my progress.

Don't hate me

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)

Um...steroids

RS - I'm trying reeeeeealy hard not to hate you.   Will have to look up that diet. 

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance