Masters Running

The Daily Sunday Daily, 5.7.17 (Read 31 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Saturday’s sumptuous workouts & races:

Tramps (4 miles in a bit of rain)

Holly (7 miles in 42° temps)

RunnerKSA (reluctant 11.5 morning miles)

Pfriese (5K in 22:45 for 1st AG and 5th OA)

Spacityrunner (3.3 slow and EZ miles ‘round the neighborhood in sweaty weather with snake sighting)

Stumpy (3 miles at race pace)

Tammy (10.1 miles: 5K race, + 7 with a relay team friend)

Congrats to Opie on his 3rd place finish in the No Child Wet Behind 5K; to Spinach for the best 10K in a few years; and to Tammy for a tasty door prize at her 5K.

I’ll have to take a look at Spotify, Tramps - thanks. Looks like you had a bit of rain yesterday.

Congrats on the 20 miler on Friday, Mariposai, and good luck to you all at Bloomsday today.

Mike, even if the 2-hr. mark was broken on Friday, it wouldn’t have qualified as a WR. And even though he just missed, it was a fascinating process and test.

Congrats on the AG hardware, Pfriese, even if it was only you. Being 5th OA speaks to some serious speed.

Cool that McSolar was on the radio! Thanks, Wildchild. I’m glad you’ve got your DH back.

Congrats to your niece on her college graduation, Cat.

Stumpy, was your friend on piano or bass? Both were terrific!

For today's listening, and to get your day moving, here's a political classic from Gil Scott Heron, and a nice take on a Peggy Lee classic.

I went 7.9 RW miles along the coast this morning. It was 52° out, but with the wind coming across the water, it felt about 10° cooler, and I felt underdressed with shorts and a l/s T. Then the sun came out, and it was good again. On the way back there was a line of seriously dark clouds to the west. Fortunately, they were heading north, not east, so I stayed dry. My damnstring was murmuring some complaints in the last couple of miles, so I gave it some extra attention when I got back.

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Henrun

3.2 miles at "race pace"-more of a cross between race walking and slow running on a beautiful morning-about 60, sunny and light wind. Today was the Walk for Hunger, so I had to weave my way around the hordes.

Speaking of Spotify, I like to use Pandora and choose my own mix of jazz performers. I don't listen to music on the roads, only when using machines at the gym.

4 miles on tired legs on a beautiful sunny 57 degree morning.  Somehow my relatively flat course felt uphill all the way.    Late night at the Ryman last night seeing Garrison Keillor, which was fantastic, but went past my bedtime!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

pfriese

A beautiful spring day here, maybe a bit warm for running but it was still good to be out and run 8.1 easy-paced miles.

Paul

Tramps

Stumpy--I poked around and read about your former classmate.  Sad to lose all that talent.

I think of McSolar every time I play MC Solaar.

Mike--I watched a chunk of the Breaking2 video yesterday.  Interesting experiment. It's a very different creature than a race, of course, but an interesting effort. Beautiful running, whatever the format.

Mari--if I remember correctly, DaveinAA had MP3 files on a website of his. Maybe someone with the file could send it to you but you won't be able to share it here.

KSA--I thought Garrison Keillor retired?

Henry and Jay--I use Pandora, too, but the advantage of Spotify is that you control what music is played.  It's easier to explore and find specific things, create your own playlists, etc. And their catalog is enormous.

Finally good running weather this morning. Dry and nice cool 50s at the start.  I planned on 13 but Tribee wasn't done her ride yet so I just kept going and ended up with 16.

In other sports...

Two down....keep hope alive.

Be safe. Be kind.

Garrison retired from Prairie Home Companion (the radio broadcast) but still performs.  This was a special to honor the roots of the Ryman.  It was gospel music focused, but still had some of his monologue.  It was a great show.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

dg.

hi : )

will read the thread when I get home, heading to my DD's for some project.

ran a local 5K this morning, untrained but it pays just the same.     3rd in age group which pleased me.   9: 33 pace... had hoped for better, but it's ok.  and was hillier than I expected, and it is a Family run & there were 7 million kids running this thing... which is wonderful!    but a bit challenging.

btw.   they hand out ag awards for.. under 6.   then year by year, till they get to 15.

hope you're all having a grand time at whatever..    will find out later!

Henrun

Garrison retired from Prairie Home Companion (the radio broadcast) but still performs.  This was a special to honor the roots of the Ryman.  It was gospel music focused, but still had some of his monologue.  It was a great show.

We saw him at a book reading. He wandered among the audience and was quite entertaining. We really miss his radio show.

congrats DGS- you snuck in while I was typing.

catwhoorg

Labrat

11 for me, then yardwork.

Its our wedding anniversary, so we have sitter coming over.

Guardians of the Galaxy and then Dinner.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Marathon Maniac #957

Catwhoorg - Happy Anniversary!

14.1 miles for me in 40-44 windy degrees.

We are supposed to get down to 32 degrees tonight, very unusual at this late date, when we are generally past the frost warning time, but I hope we don't since I have most of my annuals and garden planted.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Jay--piano.

11 for me, then yardwork.

Its our wedding anniversary, so we have sitter coming over.

Guardians of the Galaxy and then Dinner.

You romantic, you. 

9.2 instead of 12, but who's counting.  Legs just didn't seem to have much oomph, and at this point, didn't seem worth torturing myself.  Off for a three day driving trip to northeast PA.  Drive down with a co-worker on Monday afternoon.  Several site visits planned on Tuesday and then, hopefully, a somewhat relaxing trip home on Wednesday.  Looking to get a run in before that.

Then next week I have a training course in Nashville that I picked because we have two different neices there that I thought I could overlap with work and go visit.  So of course the niece at Vanderbilt graduates two days before I would arrive and immediately leaves to visit her brother.  The other niece, who just had a baby, is leaving the day before on a baby showing off tour.  Oh well, I'll go have a beer and dinner with her husband and visit with their dogs.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats on the 5k, DG!  Yeah, it all pays the same, and that sounds pretty speedy for being undertrained!

I joined a group run doing a preview of a 12 mile option at an upcoming race in Golden Gate Canyon State Park - the races are on my local trails, so I won't pay to do the race, but the training run was fun.  Not my usual group of running buddies, but I knew a couple people, and made a few new friends.  Then I went out for another 4 miles to make 16 for the day. Cool and overcast, IRC.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Debbie hoped on her bike and rode along side of me for a 6 miler after church.  It was nice having her along.  I took it nice and easy.

That's about all I got.  See ya!

spacityrunner

Not running, but hiking.  9.1 miles.  3ish hours.  2.5 miles up Mt. Nebo, 4 miles around Mt. Nebo, 2.5 miles down Mt Nebo.  Then I came home and had a nice cuppa decafe while floating in my kayak.  About 30ish min.  What a glorious day!!!

Trails Rock!

Marathon Maniac #957

Dg - well done!

Spacityrunner - sounds like an awesome day!

Thought I would give you another puppy picture - Rosie is 12 weeks old now and growing like a, well, like a smallish dog....

Image may contain: dog

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."