Masters Running

December 2017 Master's Miles and 2017 Year-End Summary (Read 41 times)

an amazing likeness

November results summary here.

As we creep up on the famous ball drop and other festivities, time to post your December miles and 2017 total miles

In my town, here in the midcoast of Maine, the New Year ceremony is to drop a clam figure from a local church steeple, it doesn't have the same cachet as the event in NYC...but the it's easier to get through the security line and there's warm clam chowder afterward...Over the years, this clam drop has moved from midnight to earlier, and now takes place at 6:30PM.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

coastwalker

Hi Milktruck, and thanks again for doing this.

A 6:30 ball/clam drop? What's the point of doing it that early, except to get to the chowdah' more quickly.

The bottom photo looks like it is from the Millinocket Half - yes?

131 RW miles for Dec, and 1710 for the year for a huge (400+ mi.) annual PR for me.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Misplaced runner...

150 December miles; 1271 2017 miles.  Not real happy with the annual mileage total and look to raise that considerably for 2018.  Coaching, better training, and better racing in store.  But...I end the year running well, uninjured, and in good health...and that's the silver lining I'm ending with.

Current focus: Texas Med Run 10k (2/3/18) and Bayou City Classic 10k (3/17/18).

167 December miles (so I adhered to the prime number thing) and 2011.5 for the year.  Isn't there a saying "Go the extra 1/2 mile?"

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Alexander R

309 miles in December, 3,002 miles in 2017. Happy to hit 3,000 this year, despite all setbacks.

Marathon Maniac #957

Love the Clam Drop idea.  Some hot clam chowder would be good right now.

187.4 miles for me for December

2005 miles for the year (just made my goal)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Quickadder

151 miles for December (a prime number!) and 1500 for the year with a few hours to spare.

Only December race was the Swamp Stomp HM on Dec 9, where I improved my PR.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

HermosaBoy

Thanks Milk Truck!!!

It was a heck of a year for me.  Smile

• New mileage record for the year.
                  • PR'd in the marathon
                  • PR'd in the mile
                  • Finished 2nd in the USATFMN Runner of the Year for my age group

December: 194.5 mi
                  2017: 3,438.5 mi

Happy New Year -- big goals for the year to come!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

SubDood

Thanks, Milktruck! Clam Drop Soup sounds really good right now.

December miles: 242.3

2017 total: 2191.5

No PRs. Not in the marathon, nor in the mile. Not in mileage, either. But I feel great going into 2018 and am optimistic for bigger, better things. Happy New Year!

Thanks Milktruck!!

71.3 for December -- I'm claiming Prime Number here so feel free to drop the .3 

661.5 for the year -- not bad considering the hip injury took me out of running for 3 full months and the PF slowed down the fall running!!

Maybe 2018 will be the year I finally hit 1000 if I can stay injury free!!

denise

Mariposai

Thanks Milktruck.

2017 is leaving me with 1340 miles.

This year was a low mileage, low racing year for me. I ran only 2 marathons: one marathon in Ireland, which gave me 3rd place in AG and 70 Euros as a price money Smile My first ever money win.

Eager to welcome 2018 with new goals and running plans.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Clam chowder with a side of hot chocolate please!

Wow - unbelievable running totals and PR's for some of you folks this year. Congratulations!

152.7 miles for me for December - highest monthly total for me in a while

1385.9 YTD. Didn't quite make the 1500 mile bunny but it's all good. Looking for better things in 2018.

Thank you Milktruck!

pfriese

Thanks for the tabulations milktruck.

December running: 156 miles

2017 running: 1893.6 miles

2017 bicycling: 1289.1 miles

2017 swimming: 21.7 miles

2017 summary: no PR's, BQed at the OKC Memorial Marathon with a 3:47:43, had my 1st bout of PF, & rode my bike from Oklahoma to Flaming Gorge NRA on the Wyoming Utah border. A good year. Smile

Paul

wildchild

Carolyn

I love the clam drop, Milktruck!  Thanks for the thread!

December: 186.5 miles  (2nd highest of the year)

2017: 1579 miles (Prime!)

2017 highlights:

50k race in June, marathon in November.

Cut way back on racing, and mainly enjoyed doing fun runs with friends.  Two memorable ones were running the Four Pass Loop near Aspen (29 miles) and pacing a friend the last 30 miles of a 100 mile race in September!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

spacityrunner

Jeeze...I missed November...

December:  13.2 miles (all done this past week)

2017:  618.7 (goal was 600 so pleased I hit my goal and more)

Trails Rock!