Masters Running

Marathon Training Makes You Hungry - Weightloss Thread Wk 10 (Read 174 times)

Prince of Fatness

168, down another half a pound.  Running 55 miles a week sure is making me hungry.  Oh well.

How about everyone else.

Not at it at all. 

#artbydmcbride

I can't stop eating!   I'm filling myself up with vegetables though....

Runners run

Renee the dog

Geeze -- it's Friday! 

Down another lb. to 127.  I am still doing my watercress and other veggie mixed with tomato juice 1 - 2 x a week to replace a meal. Then for most of the other days, I replace either breakfast or lunch with a Greens & Whey smoothie in which I add a banana, some yogurt or kefir, and whatever berries or tropical fruit I have lying around.  One day a week, I eat 3 meals.  It kills my digestive tract though to have to digest the 3rd meal.  Today, I will eat all 3 meals.  Tomorrow morning, I'll want to kill myself for doing so.

So, I'm down about 9 lbs., just as I'm starting to ramp up mileage.  I imagine, as MrPH notes, that marathon training will make me hungrier, so I don't expect the shedding to continue as quickly.

However, if 1 lb. does = 1 sec/mi, then I'm almost 4 minutes faster for my first marathon than I would be if I still had the extra 9 on me...which puts me harrowing close to BQ time...

Arrrgghhh -- get me a donut!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

Seem to have stabilized at 138.5 the last week or so. Sort of got derailed by not being able to do my workout Monday and the alternative activity seemed to be feeding my face. That's ok... I was down a bit more than I wanted to be (too much too fast for me) and I think my energy levels were being affected. Feel good now, though.
          SteveP

Still 211

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

I can't bear to weigh myself this week....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

189 on weigh in day, but 187 after my run this morning.  I don't care that Holly will yell at me and that it's probably gone all ready after a glass of OJ.  I even drank while I ran.   It means that there's hope for further reductions.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.