Masters Running

Saturday September 8 Runs and Whatnot (Read 339 times)

evanflein

Leslie, sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield. Sorry for you buggy day today.

Congratulations, Nancy, on a strong course PR! I'd love to do that one with you sometime... but I guess I'd have to either not do Equinox or use Chelan as a late training run...

Nice running to a lot of you out there. And Dave, you must have taken race cherry-pickin' lessons from Econo! Nicely done!

I got out mid-afternoon for 14 miles, and it was a really good run. My hands froze for the first 3-4 miles, but then I warmed up nicely. Temps never got above mid-50's, but it was really nice when the sun was out. Ran along the bikepath, a couple of hills but nothing real strenuous. 8:03 avg pace (shows it was pretty easy terrain). Leave tonight for conference in Phoenix, back home at 1 a.m. Wednesday morning. 

My Wednesday and Thursday are packed full of meetings, but I've told everyone at work I'm unavailable Friday, so do whatever Wednesday and Thursday, but Friday is off limits. Holly comes in late afternoon Thursday and we'll spend Friday driving around, checking out the course and other stuff. Looking forward to it!

Bushrat Runner

Holly and Erika...I am not going to make it this time. I kept looking at the calendar wondering if I could make it work, but I haven't got a moose in the freezer yet and now my boss has announced he's retiring...my whole next year just got a lot more complicated. But I am going to run a winter marathon somewhere. Just not sure when or where.

Today was another flight. Tomorrow I'll run. No, really. I mean it.

Marathon Maniac #957

That is all for now, time to get dinner going. t-bone steak anyone want to come over for dinner...Baba ganoush with pita for appetizer, couscous salad, grilled veggies and green salad will be served in about one hour. Clown . 

While I often come home from a marathon and cook dinner, seldom is it anything as wonderful as this - yum!  And Nice racing!

Leslie - some days are just inexplicably like that.  I blame perimenapause.  Really.  I totally believe hormonal changes can have an effect on my energy levels.

Enke - I will be flying through Seattle on the way home, but will only be there from 6am to 8:40am on Monday morning....Undecided

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."