Masters Running

Windy Cloudy Tuesday 10/16 (Read 418 times)

...thanks twocat//.........didn't know if anybody'd catch that...

========

.28min poolrun

and

I now know what a Satorius Muscle is.

tomorrow

I'll see if that's what I tore

.........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I'm still in a bit of a funk from trying to switch mentally from my summer to winter workout schedule, especially when we get good-weather days like today. But I ended up at the rec center for a general strength workout followed by a good session in the pool. I can see that the swimming will start to get easier the more I stick with it, so right now a minimum of once a week seems right. I may even get to the point where I enjoy it.

Doug, It's not winter until December 21st according to my calendar!  Your goal for swimming sounds perfect.  I've been meaning to get badk to the Y to start swimming again.  I doubt if I will ever enjoy it, but I do want to get better at it.

My mom's had a lot of bad days with memory problems so I haven't gotten out to run very often. She's in assisted living, but I am wondering if the memory care unit would be better for her. I took her to the doctor because the staff thought she might have a UTI and that can cause memory issues in the eldery.  It took 2 hours on Sunday to get that checked out but she's all clear. 

I was up early yesterday morning and couldn't sleep thinking about all that's going on with her.  So, I headed out the door to run at 4:30.  It was a bit chilly , 45° but I without hat or gloves.  Heck it's barely fall season here so I don't want to get dressed for winter yet.  I'm glad I didn't think about trying to start the daily since twocat has an advantage this week with that.

I did a 5K time trial on my run last Wednesday night just to see what I could do and came in at 35:10.  I felt pretty good about that, but now have to take 35 seconds off that time each week to beat my one and only 5K race PR of 31:22.

Lots of great racing last weekend, but Tribee gets my vote for the toughest race, swimming five miles, really? 

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Tramps, congrats to Tribee on her 3rd in AG with cold swim.  Dave, Ludington has played a large part in my life so the carferries are something I've been aware of my whole life.  It's neat you got a couple crossings on the Badger.  paavo, congrats on the new baby.  Tammy, way to go you half fanatic.  Starr, many of us can relate to your mom problems.  Hang in there.

Nice long runs for mari and OM.

This morning, it was in the ow to mid 30s. I got in 8 miles at a 10:55 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

Paavo, congrats on the new grandbaby!  How about a picture?  I believe WillRunForBeer and PreDawnRunner have a new grandbaby today, too!

Starr, I was just wondering where you'd been.  Sorry your mom is having issues.

I had the most wonderful trail run at lunch today!  7.2 miles on my favorite steep trail in Golden Gate Canyon State Park.  60 and sunny.  I felt good, and mostly recovered from Sunday's long run.  Just one of those days when it's a real joy to be a runner.  Wishing you all the same joy!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

aka FlyingFinn

She has chubby cheeks, arms and legs and lots of hair. A good size newborn!

Jocelyn Rae, 8 lb. 14 oz. , 20.25 inches, 10/15/12  7:37 p.m.

Instructions for living a life:

Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.   ~~~Mary Oliver

Bushrat Runner

Cute little bundle!

5k at lunch for me today...

Paavo, congrats on the new grandbaby, she's a keeper!  Great pictures too.

Rosie got to meet the President, who cool is that! It's good to see you back running.  Hope the shoulder heals up with a bit of rest. 

tomwhite, hope the PT goes well tomorrow and you get some answers.  I had to google the satorius, now I know too.

Well I got back from my run including the 5K test.  I didn't even run it as fast as last Wednesday,,, 35:22 was 12 seconds slower!  Since I haven't run since Wednesday, I guess I shouldn't expect to make progress very quickly.  MrStarr had steaks ready to put on the grill plus he had a little fire going for us.  They were tasty, but tougher than a New York Strip should be. The salad was actually the best part of the meal. 

Good running everyone.  I think I'm ready for bed.  I'm sort of listening to the debate right now.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Be still my heart! That baby is sooo cutie!!!! Congrats abuelita Paavo!

Yeah, how about that, Rocie meeting the President, were you nervous?

What an amazing autumn day around here. Splendid sunny day, with just a little wind to make the leaves quiver and fall. One of those days that you just wish you can be outside all day long as my DH did today (being a Silviculturist he can always find a good excuse to be in the woods when the weather is nice Roll eyes).

As for me, it was conducting a workshop this morning then attending my second day Microsoft Publishers class in the afternoon. This was a 10 hour class (5 hours each day) and it was sure worth it. I learned a lot from the class and much more to digest in months to come.

Well, I did finally get back home and the Easy Pacer and I headed out for our RAW. Today was a zombiesleks dday for me, so I insisted that he run it with me. He did not want to do it at first, but after the first zombies attack he was more into it than me Wink). 4 miles for him with his first ever speed workout since he started running...thanks to the zombies attach!!!. 7 total miles for me and the legs are alive!!!

ohhh, what is fatozzig and tomwhite's diet? Just wondering.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Jocelyn Rae is a doll!!!!

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Adorable baby!

Steve - how awful!

Mariposai - didn't get to my RAW after all because DD had other plans....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

What an amazing autumn day around here. Splendid sunny day, with just a little wind to make the leaves quiver and fall. One of those days that you just wish you can be outside all day long as my DH did today (being a Silviculturist he can always find a good excuse to be in the woods when the weather is nice Roll eyes).

To be in the woods is a good excuse to be in the woods.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.