Masters Running

Saturday of Memorial Day......... (Read 26 times)

...hope everyone is having a Great Weekend.........

==========

waiting for some WhonkerStorms here

40-min PoolRun with letters

and

20-min on my Favorite piece of equipment, the NordicTrak

..............kinda messed things up with 2-3 hours of

yardwork, re-potting plants, and mowing

but

to quote a Famous Runner

(John Astin)

I'm feeling MuchBetterNow

.............good Running and Racing to ya.....................Safe Travels

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

TW--thanks for starting us off.  Hmmm, so what is a pool run "with letters"?

Leslie--that looks like a fun event! Reminds me a bit of the cardboard boat race they have here each summer.  Some very creative folks.

Hope things went well in BerthaSlayer's marathon today!

EZ 8 on the trails today.  Bright sunshine at the start; light rain by the finish.  I think it's gonna be that kind of weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

17 miles in 3:05.  Wasn't wanting to do this long run, but I got it done.  Now I have some tiny bit of confidence that I can survive my hot, hilly marathon in 2 weeks.  IT will still be tough.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

Out for an hour of running the this morning. Now I'm going to book my binge watch a few episodes of Line of Duty on Acorn TV and eat caramel M&Ms.

TW--thanks for starting us off.  Hmmm, so what is a pool run "with letters"?

...jay's shorthand for    nb,cf,ris,pw

........which was MY shorthand for

(no belt, closed fists, run in shallows, push against water)

eta-

just got in

from the GreenWay,

those

Hoka Bondi-5's are sssssssssweet.......

spacityrunner

Late afternoon run around the neighborhood.  2.3 miles.  88f 67% humidity thought I was gonna die out there.  One pesky fly followed me for the first mile.  I expended a lot of energy trying to keep it away.

Trails Rock!

TammyinGP

7 miles in warm temps for me too (80 at 10:30 a.m.!) but no humidity to speak of, so I guess I'm good with that.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Caramel M&Ms?  OMB - I need to track some of those down...

In the bizarre news, a local middle school teacher (a woman), who taught both of my children, has apparently been caught having sex with an 8th grade boy.  Rumors are rampant, although the news simply says, "Middle School Teacher Resigns amid Student Sexual Battery Allegation."  What on earth would a 30-something woman find attractive about a 14yo boy?  Scary stuff.

17.5 miles for me this morning in 68-74 degrees.  Baby ducks were on the river.  I love baby ducks.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

catwhoorg

Labrat

Missed my run due to family stuff.

Got 1000 yards in the pool, during the two guard breaks we were there.

First set breast stroke, second front crawl.

My arms are going to feel that tomorrow.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

It looked like rain when I first headed out but it was nothing to worry about. So, 2.5 miles around the neighborhood. I sewed on some baby quilts and got four quilt tops finished, now just have to layer and quilt them. MrStarr went for. 7 mile bike ride in the sunshine, nice he came with me. We took our old mountain/city bikes, not the road bikes.

when we got home I finally finished planting and replacing some annuals that didn't make it. Somehow I tripped and smashed my leg into the brick retaining wall. The wall won and my leg is a bloody mess.It swelled up almost instantly but only hurts when I walk. I doubt I will be biking or running tomorrow. Stupid thing to do.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Ouch, Starr, hope it's ok.

Holly, hard to tell. I will say that from what I understand is the attraction isn't the boy himself, it's what he represents (youth, freedom, innocence, etc). Some people are really messed up. That was quite the run for you, today.

We went to the Large Animal Research Station (LARS) at the university's farm for their "birthday" event. The stars of the event were the baby muskox, just 4 weeks old. Hope you can see that...

Ran 5.7 easy miles this afternoon, although it's never really "easy" coming up that hill.

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - love the baby muskox!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Tom White, A pool is like a big big bath.  It doesn't seem like very much fun.

Holly....GGrrrr....

Ouch Starr. I hope your boo-boo leg gets better fast.

Erika, are those babies from  deers and bears? I'd like to make them go run run run!!

Me and Dad got Marley and we went for a long bye bye ride to some woods so we could go run run run!!!. Dad made us stay on leashes because he saw lots of cars parked.

We had to go slow because Dad is so slow. It was still very nice.

Dad complained when we got to some very long stairs.  Marley was very rexcited about getting to the big big water and she pulled Dad very hard down the stairs. I had to help marley because Dad is too slow.

Dad let go of the leash when we got away from the people. Marley wanted to go way far in the water. I didn't.

She would shake off the water and get me wet! How dumb is that?

Dad let us off the leash after a long time and it was more fun for everyone.

We saw some bird that just sit on top of the water. Dad said they are loons. Sitting on the water? How dumb is that?

I found a nice stick I wanted to take back to show Mom. I would not share it with Marley.

She went way out in the water and got a stick. Her thinking is weird.

When we got bacl by people, Dad put us back on the leash and we helped to old guy up the stairs.

Marley wanted to go on the wrong side of the trees all the time. Dad tried to show her what happened when she is dumb. She will never understand.

Dad used bad words when we saw a chimpmonk on the way back! Me and Marley both of us wanted to give it kisses and make it go run run run!  The old guy can go run run run pretty fast when both me and Marley make him!

I told Dad that both of us were good dogs. I was more good than Marley. We asked if we could have a treat.

Me and Marley both had a ice cream covered in french fries!!!!

I picked all of mine out and ate the ice cream first.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

...Great ''Adventurer Doggie'' Story,,,,,,,,,I'm sending it to Claire

=================

.....several trees down from

last night,

so

we'll spend most of Sunday lifting them

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Progressive Weight Training,,,,,,,,,,,