Masters Running

Mondaily, 4.23.18 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Sunday’s workouts:
    C-R (6.3 quick morning miles)
    Deeze (local 5K with cough/cold in 27:19 - 73/350 OA, 20/217F, 4/34 AG)
    RunnerKSA (3.8 EZ TM miles)
    Twocat (1 late morning hr on the elliptical at home)
    Falconfixer (27 ‘coffee ride’ bike miles + 8 post-brunch run/walk miles)
    Tomwhite (30 min X-bike)
    Holly (20 early morning miles in 42-47° temps)
    Bioguy (5 post-paper grading miles)
    Mike (6 sunny 61° miles)
    runr_nut (5 EZ afternoon recover miles + pool laps)
    Spacityrunner (4.3 late afternoon neighborhood miles)

Pfriese (4.9 'round the park recovery miles)

Glad the back is better, C-R. Kudos on the garage door opener install.

Good racing while not well, Deeze.

Surly Bill, I’m sorry for all you neighborhood violence, as well as for your bad achilles.

Dinner sounds right tasty, Twocat.

Good luck, Holly!

Great post, and well-said, Steve. Thanks.

Busy day yesterday: restacked some of last year's firewood, split some recently-cut logs, went with DW and DNeice to Maine for the Kittery Outlet stores, Stonewall Kitchen, up to Ogunquit for a walk along the ocean-side, cliff-top Marginal Way, lunch at a nice little place in town, return walk on the Marginal Way, a stop at the Nubble Lighthouse in York, ME, and then a return trip down the coast to home in NH in time for a little rest before we set about making dinner.

SRD for me today because of weary legs. So it goes.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Jay.   And thanks Steve for the good lesson on the yesterday's daily.

1.3 treadmill miles to keep the streak.  Back to the sports doc today. Hope he can loosen this up again.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

5 miles on a gorgeous morning.

Go Caps (and Bruins)!

We've got to win this one so we can be eliminated by Pittsburgh in the second round. It's tradition.

Be safe. Be kind.

Go Caps (and Bruins)!

We've got to win this one so we can be eliminated by Pittsburgh in the second round. It's tradition.

Thanks for the recap Jay. Sounds like a busy Sunday.

I hope your sports doc can help KSA. I've got the same issues going here.

5.76 miles on a beautiful 31° morning. Bright blue skies and no wind. And the snow is slowly going away... I made it a little over 2 miles this morning before I had to stop and walk because of pain in my right buttocks/leg.  Hey! That's progress. Came home and did 30 minutes of core and really good stretching. My PT hasn't told me I can't run yet. She said as long as I know enough to stop and walk when it hurts and don't try to run through it, I'm ok.  I really don't know if I'm making things worse by running (she said in denial) but the dry needling is helping. I'm not sure when our insurance will stop covering this which could become a problem.

I see the royal family has a new baby boy. Nice!

Have a great Monday folks.

Marathon Maniac #957

Fly by to say that I decided to rest today.  Go forth and conquer your Monday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Lynne- mine seems to be worse to start, but stays pretty tight.  Not really pain-pain, but tight and sort of locked up and weak.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TammyinGP

Yesterday's pics from Steve were great!  although, I kinda wonder why there are rabbit ears tucked under the visor in his car. In case you need to make an emergency 'hop-away' ?

MikeE - is the MN snow gone yet? My parents are heading to there next Wed and they really are hoping there's no snow.  That's just not right for May. 

5.3 mile trail run for me yesterday.  Will run a few when I get home tonight too.

Tammy

catwhoorg

Labrat

Storming here, so no run.

I am still basking in the light of Sunday's run, my first double digit run that wasn't a complete suffer-fest since my marathon.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Henrun

Spring has finally arrived in Boston😎. Went out for 3 sproinky miles along a nearby river path.after a one mile bagel  walk. My nasal congestion is finally clearing and my Achilles is improving. A good way to start the week.😎.

Dave59

4 miles this morning before the rain arrived.

I was going to start eating better but then I found a (sharing size) bag of M&M's in my desk drawer so I guess I need to finish those off first.

Marathon Maniac #957

MikeE - is the MN snow gone yet?

There is never, ever going to be a day when the MN snow is gone.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

oh that's right. It'll never stop snowing in MN.  I should tell my mom to prepare for a blizzard on 5/2 when they fly in. and not the ice cream kind either.

Tammy

bioguy

Hoping to get in 5 today.

My rotten class was really off today; the warm weather must be setting them off.

Interesting article about mindset here deena-kastor-book   I may try some of her techniques.

Tailwinds!

C-R

We got rain today and not snow. Man am I happy to see spring. I even mowed the lawn yesterday.

Good luck with the doc Karen.

Got a quick 10k at lunch. Work is getting in the way of my running and golf. Not good.

I've decided to take another good shot at Boston before my Nov goal marathon. Charlevoix in MI. Anyone ever run it?

Well back to the salt mine.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

...nice words of wisdom from steve yesterday.....

......Follow Your Bliss works better if Your Bliss covers the bills.......

================

..40-min PoolRun with letters

................good Running to Ya.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....