Masters Running

Chasing a Rainbow to Boston (Read 546 times)

http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66066

If I copy and paste my Boston race report,  the devilish looking smiley faces appear, so I hope you won't mind a link.

I just now read Monday's thread. You are all so fabulous!

CNYrunner

Slo

Karin

I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to your report.

I really admire your training and work ethic.....your focus on goals and mostly.....you are such a smart runner....and fierce!

Great race.....congrats on smashing your goals....and good luck catching that rainbow !

Prince of Fatness

Just from following your training in the 40/40 thread your result does not surprise me one bit.

Congrats on a great race.

Not at it at all. 

Great report, even better racing! I caught your 13.1 split off the BAA site and knew you were in for a big PR.

I'm really happy for you, but not surprised: your persistence and dedication are phenomenal.

Now rest up....we've got a little jog coming up.

Walt

What a great performance, Karin. Now I can say that I know someone who finished in the top 1% of those who were good enough to make it to Boston in her AG!

I can't even imagine what the "what's next?" could be, but I'll be watching!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

coastwalker

Hi Karin,

What a beautifully-executed race plan, with stunning results! The quality of your training and planning is clearly evident in the magnificent results of your race on Monday. Congratulations on earning your 'pot of gold' at the end of the Boston rainbow...

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

WOW Karin,  I would say amazing but I'm really not amazed since I think we've all come to expect great things from you.

I've been following your training and various races and I had no doubt that you were in for a good race, but this one was absolutely run to perfection.  I saw those photos that WRFB took and you look fabulous and so in control.

Congratulations on a PR Smashing Race, now get a little R & R you deserve it.

lamerunner

Great race Karin!   Your planning and execution is magnificent.  Enjoy the well-deserved results, and get some rest. Hope to see you  again in NH soon.
                  stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Maybe the elites love to run, too, but they're working.  You run at a superior level just for the joy of doing it.  It's an honor and a pleasure to be able to share it with you, even if it's peripherally.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Karin, it is such a true Joy following your training and "smart" work ethic running.....which should be an example for everyone. I picture you as a running machine that puts the work in, then goes out and runs a smart race always (it seems). As a matter of fact....I can't imagine you running a bad - or dumb race, and you are an inspiration to all who has a passion for running.

And you are such a Sweet and down to Earth Lady too, who genuinely Loves Everyone regardless 

Tim

PS: I have been studying your training log, to know how it's suppose to be done!

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Maybe the elites love to run, too, but they're working.  You run at a superior level just for the joy of doing it. 

Very good point!

Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Sayhey!  Only just was able to look you up on the results last night.  I got all stoopid and cried. 

Honest to goodness, I was thinking 3:17-ha! 

Can't think of anyone who worked harder or deserves the glow you must be enjoying.

Best to your family for their support, and a veddy correct curtsey to our Running Queen.

grins,

A

ps  met some nice folks from Springfield and also the Berkshires traipsing around the buses Monday morning looking for you....sorry I missed you, but it was warm going in and out of the buses .

Masters 2000 miles
                            simply awesome Karin!!  congratulations - so happy for you!!

denise

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Simply wonderful Karen!   I got goosebumps reading your report and hearing the joy in your words.    The pictures Lou has of you too are just awesome!   

Congratulations!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

wildchild

Carolyn

Boy howdy, you're fast!!!  Congrats on a great race and PR!  So nice to hear that after all the months and miles of training, sometimes everything comes together on race day just perfectly.  Congrats!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.