Masters Running

Wednesday, Dec. 23 the eve of Christmas Eve runs and such (Read 456 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning Masters!!!

Smile Tone Zone was great last night!  Smile   We did lots of squats, walking lunges, butterflies, abs on the ball, just to mention a few things.    I was feeling pretty wabbly after the class, so I'm pretty sure DD will be mighty sore .... in a good way.  

I finally got a really good nights sleep last night and didn't set my alarm to run this morning.   I figured if I was awake I'd go, otherwise I needed to get some rest.   Last day of work until next year - thank goodness!!!   My patience level with the boss' son is at an all time low and he has reached new levels of laziness and is so condesending to everyone.   Hopefully I can keep my mouth shut just one more day.  Smile

Happy Christmas Eve, Eve!!   Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Hopefully I can keep my mouth shut just one more day.  Smile

You can do it Mary!  Let us know how DD#2's body feels tomorrow - bet Mom will be running circles around her!

Desperately behind here. Took a good friend to his chemo appointment yesterday, then helped DS#1 strip wallpaper at their new house for the rest of the day. Whew! Talk about an upper body workout. But they're so broke and short on time, it's the least a mother can do, right? Gotta make the house nice for Will.

Last day of school and I'm looking forward to a break, but probably not half as much as Eliz, Craneium and all of our other RA teachers are! Big storm predicted here starting tomorrow morning - hope it's not as bad as they're saying.

Have a good day good people.

Oh yeah - 4.5 miles on the treadmill this morning, 7 yesterday. I only need 4 more miles to hit 1500 for the year...

I will be working every day during the Holidays, except Christmas and new years Day of course.  I have been taking much of my vacation time early in the year and usually don't have much left for the end of the year.  2010 will be no exception.

Also getting prep'd for the big Church services the next few days - all filled with much music - so I will be singing and playing a lot.  Should be fun and hopefully some will hear and be inspired.

It looks like Bayshore will be a major meeting place for RA and KR peeps.  Myself, dAAve, MarkGuy, MS, SteveP and probably others.  If you're on the fence about joining us, decide quickly.  The Half has already filled up and the Full is expected to fill by mid-January.  (Dg, Holly, Mary, etc., etc.  Hint, hint.)

6 easy/GA miles in 54 minutes and change.  Felt great today.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I would love to do Bayshore some day Bill, but we always have a litter of puppies during that time of the year, so it is hard for me to commit.   Depending on the situation, I may be able to be a cheerleader!  

Jlynne - you are such a great mom.   Peeling wallpaper is actually kind of fun if it comes off easy.   The great part is seeing the transformation of each room.    We are also supposed to get freezing rain starting tomorrow night.   Perfect! 

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Happy Holidays everyone. Take care, drive safely and wishing you all the best health.

Enjoy precious time with family and friends.

To running in 2010

Tallrunner

Recent Best times: None recently

Morning, gang!

Mary - congrats on the good nights sleep!! 

Craneium - very kewl that your wife was going to run with you - how did it go??

Leslie - thanks for the dog video - I'm still wiping away tears.

Tall -  good to see your post!!!

DH and I sort of slept in this morning - the alarm went off at 5:15, but we didn't get up until well after 6:30.  He's taking the day off, and I had a hard time getting motivated to get on the treadmill so I could get to work.  6 miles at 10:04 and 153 AHR.

We received sad news this morning.  DH's brother who has been strugglling with prostate cancer for several months lost his battle this morning.  He will be missed.

As Tall said, enjoy every precious moment with family and friends. 

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

So great to have a Tallrunner sighting. Happy holidays North of the Border to you!

Happy Festivus to all who need to air grievances these days.

Run with DW went well last night. She is a strong runner, especially when it comes to hills. We were going up our last hill when we started to catch another runner. When DW's shoulders edged past his he sped up and leaned into her a little so she wouldn't pass. I shook my head and thought buddy you are about to be chicked in the words of our immortal Bill. Sure enough she made no comment and breezed past him like he was going backwards. No wonder why I love this woman. We did four miles of hill repeats and descents and 2.5 miles total of warm up and cool down. This was after 15 minutes of jumping rope and pushups, 3 rounds on the speed bag and 10 rounds with the heavy bag last night. Then solidified it with an easy 3 miles running this morning.

Decided that a marathon will best wait until fall, but signed up for a new event, The Flower City Challenge here in Rochester. I am doing the triathlon (5K run, 20 mile bike, kayaking) on Saturday and the half marathon on Sunday. That should keep me motivated for the rest of the winter.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

{{{Mary}}} – how frustrating for you!

Erika – off till Jan. 4?  Lucky you!

Breger – don’t think it hasn’t crossed my mind, but since I’m already digging into the family funds for my running adventures for Boston, I don’t want to do it again so soon after.  (I already broached the subject of a family trip to DH, but he has no interest in combining my running stuff with family vacations.) That being said, I’m keeping it in mind for 2011, when I don’t intend to go to Boston, and this year I’m running Another Dam 50K on June 6 instead.

Sue – condolences to you and DH and family.

Leslie – love the service dog video – I need to show that to my kids when I get home.

Tramps and Tetsujin – lovely photos yesterday!

6.5 recovery-paced miles (ave 10:47) this morning in a breezy 31° with tiny ice pellets softly bouncing off my cheeks in the dark. 

Tried out my new Princeten Tec headlamp that my FIL got me.  I love it!  Very lightweight, not bothersome at all, nice and bright and easy to tilt the beam to preference.  Now that unlit river trail is traversable.  I just need a pair of Yaktrax for our occasional snowfall (no one plows that trail) and I can run it all winter long.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly, you're cheating by opening your Christmas presents early! 

Sue, so sorry to hear about your DH's brother.  The holidays is an especially hard time to lose a loved one.

Craneium, your DW sounds like a keeper!   Way to "chick" that guy!

Tall, nice to hear from you.  The rest of you RA peeps who've been absent lately - pop in and say hi!  TimBo, Ribs, Teresa, Stumpy, Nono,... 

My sister arrived safely yesterday, and I'm working at home today, but the snow hasn't amounted to much yet - only a couple of inches so far but it's supposed to snow lightly all day.  Very cozy sitting by the woodstove watching it snow.

Safe travels to those of you traveling this week. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Renee the dog

Hey folks -- how you doin'??

I'm struggling with my running -- I think all the sugar and spirits are literally weighing me down.  And, I can't seem to dress right (per usual for me in the winter 'round here).  Heck, I can't even seem to get my runs posted here or even upload what I've done.  So I give my running a C- for December. 

In other areas, life is going well...might just have everything pulled together for another 2 weeks of partying...OK, time to make the Chocolate Chipolte Pear Bread.  And then hide it so no one cuts into it before 12/25.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

TammyinGP

Hi Master Friends!

Haven't been posting here much although I peruse the daily, well... daily! Have been feeling under the weather so haven't been running much. I'm not even sure I'll be able to hit 1000 miles this year and my goal was something like 1200-1300. Oh well, doesn't really matter much to me. It was still a good running year for me, what with setting 6 PR's in various distances and running a marathon, so I won't get too hung up on total mileage numbers. I did get out for a lunchtime yesterday just to see how it felt and surprisingly I ran the 4 miles in about 38 minutes and felt good. Except for the part about getting all wet because a quick rain cloud came through.

I might knock off work early today and head to the gym for a bit of a run and weights. And then tomorrow morning, I'm meeting up with Laura for a longer run - probably just around 8 miles or so.

Now I'm off in search of brunch recipes. We are doing a Christmas brunch at our house so would like to find some new and tasty recipes to try out on the family. We always have such a small gathering, as it's only the 3 of us, my MIL, and my parents. This year my brother is also flying out from MN to spend Christmas with us, so it'll be nice to see him. I haven't spent C'mas with him in over 10 yrs.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!

Tammy

dg.

Nono, that bread sounds incredible.   recipe Please!    (((( )))).    you have a lot of things to juggle.  you're an awesome runner.  You did dress right once, remember?   I wondered how you did it; I never do. I'm also silly dizzy behind, it's hard to slow down enough to think about what to do next.   

Sounds like everybody else is in that same position!

Tall it's great to see you.  Cheers Smile.  

Bylll..... ok, I think I'll do it.   I've been planning on it, but hadn't decided between the full & the half.   Well that's one problem solved, isn't it! 

Sue, I'm so sorry about your BIL.    Hugs to your DH. 

Carolyn, enjoy your visit with your sister.   And watching the snow by the fire. I hope it (the snow) behaves itself.  

5.83 miles this morning, clockwise on the track.  nice and easy.  ahr 156, max 162. av. pace 10:24, max 9:54. 

eek.  Nancy, this is just for you. 

evanflein

DG has an AVATAR!!!!! And it's lovely, too! What took you so long, grrlfren??

Love the pic of Tetsujin on the beach yesterday. I don't know anyone who represents the pure joy of running as much as our dear Tet.

Happy Travels, Divechief! I hope you have a good time with your family, but also are able to get away every now and then for a well-deserved run. (oh, and -40° is the same, F or C... that's where the two scales meet)

Sorry to hear about your BIL, Sue. Indeed, every moment with family is precious, even when they're pushing every button you have.

Merry Christmas, Tallrunner. You've been missed around here.

Congrats on the headlamp, Holly! It'll open up a whole new world for running in the dark for you. I should get mine out and make sure the batteries are up to snuff. I might venture out in the dark myself seeing as how our bike path is plowed so nicely, for now. (hey, does your snow just keep accumulating all winter? Or thaw and then you get more? We've got trails that aren't plowed and there's no way even yak trax would help you run on that mess...)

I'm off around noon today, and then yes indeedy I'm off until January 4! Four days of that are paid holiday (yay!) and three are annual (vacation) leave. Well worth it. I've got a list of things to do as long as my arm, and I'll be happy if I get the usual 25% done... Today I'll hit the gym for a good session with the weights (none of this cramming in 20 minutes crap), then off to fight with the cable/internet company to either change my plan or fix my bill... then some shopping and then home, to maybe run on the trail if I don't run at the gym!

Marathon Maniac #957

(hey, does your snow just keep accumulating all winter? Or thaw and then you get more?

Here is usually snows, then thaws a week later, then we get more.  But we don't usually get that many storms that accumulate lots of snow.  Last year it seemed like every big storm was accompanied with a warm front, so we got more sleet and rain than snow.

Dg - I love it!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Wow--A picture of deb  now all we need is one big enough to see   Remember--we're old around here, the eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

I grew up in Rochester and was used to having snow on the ground pretty much from late Nov to March or April.  Now that I live in Boston, it snows, it looks ugly for a while , it goes away and the cycle starts over again.  I think I prefer the Rochester version.

Hi-Carolyn--thanks for noticing.  reading lots, but no running since early Nov due to sore shins and knee.  I've been sporadically doing the necessary exercises to build them up.  But I now have the Hal Higdon 12 week novice HM training plan with intents to do an early April HM.  I'll be starting 2nd week of January so I hope the rest and little bit of exercise pays off and I can last for at least those 12 weeks.  And now I have stick with it, since I've announced it to everyone.

I'm off to pick up Mom for the next few days so don't know how much I can read. 

Happy holidays and enjoy your family celebrations, whatever they may be. 

Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.