Masters Running

Tue Sep 15 Runs and Workouts (Read 423 times)

Is anyone else as nutty as I am with the metrics?

I run, do some stretches, then...

Log the to Training Center, Sporttracks, RunningAhead.com, then into an excel spreadsheet.  I export the Training Center data to a file, then run it through a parser to get the metrics I post:

7.1 miles, 57:34, 8:07/mi, AHR 157 (81% MHR)

then go to three forums and sometimes facebook to let people know.

Then I finish my stretches.

Sheesh, no wonder we're late for work most days Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Funny Lou!   I am not quite as bad as you .... but pretty darn close!     I too am usually stuggling to get out the door at the very last minute.   Nice run this morning!

DG - there is no such thing as "only" 18!   Nice job girlfrend!!

I got out for 4 miles this morning with Brinkley.  Pretty warm and very HUMID for Michigan this time of year.  We are finally having our July weather I guess.  10:07 / 9:49 / 9:53 / 10:51   I was dead that last mile.  

I made a neat bottle for my sister-in-law last night and decorated my first cheese spreader too.  Have to practice with that but I got it done and it looks pretty cool.   I'll post a pic later.

No, I don't get to empty all the bottles.   We have a great upscale italian restaurant in town that does not recycle their glass and they are more than happy to save and give to me.   It is like Christmas every week.

Tone Zone tonight!   I wish sweat = calories burned.  

Cheers!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Lou work can wait it's not like anyone else will do it, will they?  

Mary that glass melting looks nice, I'm kicking around some gift ideas

No run for me today & day off for pre-colonoscopy Dr. appt.,  just because the 1st one was so much fun

It's a beautiful morning

I think I'll go outside for awhile and just smile

Take in some clean fresh air

The Rascals 1969 

That's one of my favorite songs.  I read that many experts believe in upbeat positive thinking mellow music for stress relief. After reading, analyzing  and assigning crime reports all day I need all the help I can get. 

What a Wonderful World!  Enjoy it

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Morning, gang!

Lou - yes, I confess that I too am obsessed with the metrics.  DH noted this obsession last week as he watched me record the daily run in my 10-year journal and my calendar and the Garmin training center.......

Mary -those bottles are terrific -wish I could be at your artistic debut!

Twocat - if the trees at Lymans are any indication, I'd say that the Macouns are going to provide a bumper crop this year. 

TomS - sound like you had a good time - maybe you need to get out more ? ;-).  Nice run!

I was prepared to drop kick the little so-and-so yesterday when I turned around, but the owner (a rather large man) was standing in the road.  I agree that the little yippie dogs are the worst - I hate getting my ankles bitten by a mop on four legs.

Sarge - good luck with the colonscopy - the preparation sucks, but the drugs for the actual procedure are awesome. 

Gorgeous running morning here - temp in the low 60's.  I'm having some overuse pain, so I opted to bag the planned tempo run on the track.  7.5 easy miles @ 9:41 and 149 AHR. 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Slo

That's one of my favorite songs.  I read that many experts believe in upbeat positive thinking mellow music for stress relief. After reading, analyzing  and assigning crime reports all day I need all the help I can get. 

What a Wonderful World!  Enjoy it

I don't envy your job Sarge.

Lou.....No. I try to keep my habit hid from those who don't understand.

That being said.....I'll have a rare goose egg for yesterday. Plan was to do an easy 5 last night. Got out of work a little late, dinner was nearly ready when I got home, two out of the three kids were going to be around for dinner which is a very rare occasion anymore so I popped the top on a beer and shared a family dinner minus DS.

This mornings plan was altered a bit. I ran 9 miles of fast fartleks ranging from 1.5 mins to 14 mins at various paces.

Great day to all !

Tramps

Busy week so I've not had time to post or read closely. But I did skim...(Hi La T!) and saw some inspiring runs as usual. 

My running funk continues, but I'm too busy to worry about it these days  (Hmmm, is there a connection there?)  I even dialed back today's tempo run.  Just an 8-miler with 2x2 @ 7:20.  That seemed about right for me today.

Got a nice muddy trail run in on Sunday, which was fun.

Be safe. Be kind.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Tramps...is this just because you had such good training when it was 20 degrees cooler and you are comparing now vs then?  I'm in the same spot, can't hit my cold weather targets.

I would have posted earlier but had to upload the Garmin to RA, Training center nad manually enter data into RunLog (my main stand alone log)  and my excel spreadheet (specific for the training cycle).... Sound familiar Lou?  You seem normal to me Smile

2 mi warmup with Tory and Sadie at 10:48 pace then 5 miles tempo at 7:43 (38:38, AHR 158) and 1 mi cooldown at 9:23.  No power in legs to hit faster tempo pace or higher HR. So there IS an effect from Sunday's long run.

Overall 8.0 miles in 1:09:38 (8:42 pace, AHR 144)

Haver Grete runs!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Excellent choice last night Slo!  

Sarge - let me know what you'd like.  

Okay - I won't keep doing this, but this is the bottle I made for my sister-in-law.    She is a new "beekeeper" hence the cute little bees I found at Hobby Lobby.   She's been instrumental in helping me with this new hobby.

The end.........

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Lou – I’m always running late in the morning, that last 15 minutes in a bit of a panic, no matter how early I get up.  Today I actually headed out on time, only to be stuck for 15 minutes at a roadblock for a car accident.  Of course, I kept thinking, if I knew I was going to be this late anyway, I could have ran another mile or two....

Dg - I know you will do great - just concentrate on getting to the start line uninjured. 

Tet - I love the pictures you've been posting, especially the one from the other day when that 24yo was trying to beat you in to the finish.  

Interval day on the FIRST plan, which called for 3 mile repeats @ 7:11, with 400m recoveries.  Okay, even if I could actually run 3 miles @ 7:11 (I estimate my 5k pace at around 7:35-7:40), who is the insane person who schedules mile repeats at faster-than-5k-pace two days after a 20-miler? 

Workout:

1.25 mile WU @ 9:55 

3 miles (with 1/4-mile slow-jog recoveries in between) at

7:44

7:40

7:19   (close to heart failure here...)

2.45 mile return home @ 10:34

1.8 mile on TM after rousting kids @ 10:20

9 miles total

ETA - Mary - that's the best one yet!  I think you should seriously think about starting a website or just uploading pictures of your finished bottles somewhere we can access them, so we can put in our Christmas orders.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

spacityrunner

Good morning RA'ers...

4 in 47...just what I wanted to do.  Beautiful sunny run this late morning.  I love vacation days.

Nice bottles...

I love to get back from my run and upload the garmin asap so I can look at the data over and over again.  When RA went down on sunday I was very very antsy waiting to upload...yes, I could of gone back to sportstrack...but I wanted my RA log!  I love my garmin

Good runs and good day everyone

Trails Rock!

Nice runs and workouts

Holly---insane or not---come race day your legs will be able to hold pace and it will feel "easier" running fast on tired legs. A speed workout soon-ish after a long run will make a difference. Trust your training!

Track day for me---3 miles easy pace to the track then 8x400 (1:40, 1:41, 1:38, 1:39, 1:36, 1:38, 1:38, 1:38) with 2:00 minute continuous movement rest interval (Coach's words) and 3 miles home. Felt good and this was as much about consistent pace as holding form. 10 miles total

My post run metrics ritual isn't  consistent, but by the end of the day I have usually logged my workout here, on Training Peaks so Coach can see, and even in handwriting in my journal----33 years work of running logs including a hand drawn-on-notebook paper version that our youth track coach gave us when I was 12. My notes in there are hysterical when I look at them now.

Gorgeous Mary!

Yeah!!!  Doctor says I'm so healthy that colonoscopy #2 (no pun intended) can wait another year...

Mary I will think about the bottle gift and get back to you

Holly I would think your mile repeats should repeats should be about 20-30 seconds slower than your 5k pace. Must be the intensity, but 2 days after a 20 miler?  good luck with the plan.   

Sue the drugs must be awesome... It's amazing someone could sleep through that

Time for yard work 

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

TammyinGP

good morning! 

I'll head out for a run after work tonight, while my son is at football practice. He has practice for 90 minutes, so if it's not too warm out, I can usually get in a decent  mediumish run. I realized on my way to work today that I forgot to pack my garmin in my gym bag  . . . so now I'm left with the options of running at the high school track, running a route that I KNOW is 4 miles in town here and doing it a couple times . . . or being totally carefree and run whereever I want and just estimate my miles by minutes run . . .

Enjoy the day everyone!

Tammy

Top 'O the World!

then go to three forums and sometimes facebook to let people know.

Then I have lunch.

8.25 mosey miles w/Mairead....last mile sans shoes in squishy grass....

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

I had to bring my own car today, so that I can attend a "care coordination" meeting at Dear-Old-Dad's nursing home this afternoon. 

Somehow I was able to get to work on time without my metric-loving carpool buddy.

I  am still feeling beat up from Sunday's 20 miler.  5 miles this morning - Sloooow. 

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason